Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Northern Elsweyr Dragon/lag

Avoranti
Avoranti
✭✭✭✭✭
Went to fight a dragon in northern Elsweyr. From the shrine to the dragon I kept rubberbanding. Get to the dragon, booted from server. Error 318. This wasn’t only me. Other players in the guild I’m in also had sever lag and enemies not aggro to them at the same Dragon fights.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 31, 2021 7:04PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Error 318 Excessive Messaging is usually triggered by in-game error messages that are not always visible. For example, if your character has been stuck in terrain, this can cause you to be disconnected from the server.

The first step to resolve this issue is to delete your saved data. Note that this will not delete your character information.

To delete save data on the PlayStation 4:
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    4. Select "Delete"
    5. Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    6. Place ticks next to ESO Save Data.
    7. Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.

After you have cleared the save data, restart your console.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Error 318 Excessive Messaging is usually triggered by in-game error messages that are not always visible. For example, if your character has been stuck in terrain, this can cause you to be disconnected from the server.

Thanks but my character was riding on a mount from a wayshrine to the dragon and wasn’t stuck anywhere. This rubber band effect happened multiple times. It only occurs in Northern Elsweyr and only in the northern part. If it was just me experiencing it then sure, might have been on my side, but other guildmates also experienced it. Doing your suggested method didn’t fix the issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Avoranti

Thank you for the update. With the suggested troubleshooting not helping, we recommend opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post