The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should ZOS add tail armor for Argonians?

Endriu
Endriu
✭✭
So, dear ZOS, argonians in cinematics have had tail armor for years now, will you ever add it to the game?
tvLZeS-XN5B5U_Qldwy6wo1ILbl7_S2A6yVOKN6Hr6k.jpg?s=ea01700af704987114b7b4269486d4dbe0d1e46e
Edited by Endriu on May 31, 2021 7:35PM

Should ZOS add tail armor for Argonians? 108 votes

Yes
83%
Seadlekendellking_chaosb14_ESORonin37AlurriaxaraanXerenZigoSidmareeelb16_ESOApoAlaiazariaZephiran23EndriuhondelinkSorakacyclonus11six2fallLarianaMikeSkyrim333ScaniXCelephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo 90 votes
No
16%
Thorntonguehaploeb14_ESOAsysJeffrey530ParasaurolophusLumsdenmlOutLaw_NynxAntonShanzacvanmblkjagjssriottodoketeDukeCybranSephyrSpawniaqPigofSteelKnighton123Malpheus_Prime 18 votes
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Also wish the the graphics were like that as well. Can dream.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Endriu
    Endriu
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Totally agree, argonians in cinematics are incredibly sexy, can only dream of such graphics in the game...
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Don't find it necessary but either I am against it so why not :D
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only if it comes via it's own DLC, ala Oblivion Horse armor.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Doesn't some of the styles have tail coverings? I want to think mother's sorrow has a tail piece my high elf really didn't need...
  • Endriu
    Endriu
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Doesn't some of the styles have tail coverings? I want to think mother's sorrow has a tail piece my high elf really didn't need...

If you are talking about this :
    Mothers-Sorrow-Male-Close-Back.jpg
    Then it's not a tail piece at all, just some butt cover that funny enough is not present on an argonian character.

And yes some other styles have those tail butt coverings that again are just missing on argonian characters and I am pretty sure khajiits don't have them either.

This is what I'm talking about:
    Argonian-Cotton-Argonian-Male-Robe-Close-Rear.jpg?ssl=1
    Edited by Endriu on May 31, 2021 4:51PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians - yes.
    Khajit - big no.

Argonian armor can be cool, but it doesn't fit for khajit imo.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, the tail is a sexy, attractive appendage on you lizards.
  • Endriu
    Endriu
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I dunno, the tail is a sexy, attractive appendage on you lizards.

Nobody's asking for all armor to cover the tail, just to add some that does.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I do think it is reasonable to think that if humans had some kind of tail in RL (we have a tail bone though), we would develop some kind of protractive wearable clothing for it. And I am not even saying about leather or steel armour for combat for medieval period or kevlar for modern warfare. I am thinking of a basic stuff, like protection form cold weather for example.

It was always weird to me that in Elder Scrolls world, Argonians & Khajiit that have tails, would not create some kind of wearable protection or even some kind of decoration (like jewellery).

Lack of something like this for them, is an equivalent of all other human / elf races not having shoes or gloves. It is a natural body part for them.

So, um... yes, it would be nice to have something like that.

Funny thing is that I recall some kind of mined items from crown store, loooong time ago that looked as if ZOS was thinking at some point of some cosmetic item exclusive to Khajiit & Argonian race that looked like a tail armour or jewellery, like a ring or something.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't the tails regrow even if they're chopped off?
    PC NA
  • Auzsi
    Auzsi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please. And a proper racial instead of that crap healing done.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    No, even on lizards that exist in RL, it is only one-time trick, that can save live from a potential predator, but only once. Once tail is gone, it is gone for good.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 31, 2021 7:17PM
  • Auzsi
    Auzsi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Probably not. IRL only amphibians can regrown lost limbs reptiles can't. But who knows. It's a fantasy game and they definitely got some fish-like/amphibian features.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one says"Khajiti lives matter!" :)
    Edited by Arrodisia on May 31, 2021 7:27PM
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't even play Argonians, but I would love to see this added. Both of the beast races need more love, especially since the mer and man races have way more cosmetic options.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    More customization is always welcomed :smile:
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It would make a lot of sense.

Can Argonians actually shed their tails in the case of danger and then let them grow back?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Can Argonians actually shed their tails in the case of danger and then let them grow back?
    Well, no. Lizards in RL can not "grow back" their tails. It is a one-time trick. So I would assume it is also the case of Argonians.
    Edit: But I don't think Argonians have the ability to naturally "lose" tail once they are in danger to begin with.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 31, 2021 8:33PM
  • hondelink
    hondelink
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    While aesthetically would want it, argonians could use an extra piece of body armour to make up for their current poor racial passives
  • Auzsi
    Auzsi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    hondelink wrote: »
    While aesthetically would want it, argonians could use an extra piece of body armour to make up for their current poor racial passives

An extra tail armor with a 1 piece set bonus which incrase healing done by 2%. And can't be enchanted. :D
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    Yes
    if possible, definitely. All I'm speculating on is those us with the low resolution settings lol, won't the tail and the armor be flying around out of sequence? Still definitely X)
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.
    zvavi wrote: »
    Argonians - yes.
    Khajit - big no.

Argonian armor can be cool, but it doesn't fit for khajit imo.

Khajiit can wear jewelry - ring piercings, etc. Otherwise I agree - Khajiit tails are too mobile for armor.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, even on lizards that exist in RL, it is only one-time trick, that can save live from a potential predator, but only once. Once tail is gone, it is gone for good.

Well then that would explain why I was chased out of Shadowfen after my 'practical joke.'
    PC NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Endriu wrote: »

If you are talking about this :
    Mothers-Sorrow-Male-Close-Back.jpg
    Then it's not a tail piece at all, just some butt cover that funny enough is not present on an argonian character.

And yes some other styles have those tail butt coverings that again are just missing on argonian characters and I am pretty sure khajiits don't have them either.

This is what I'm talking about:
    Argonian-Cotton-Argonian-Male-Robe-Close-Rear.jpg?ssl=1
    Both Argonians and Khajiit misses the but flaps on outfits and also tabards.
    Reason is that the tail will clip the flap a lot.
    Edited by zaria on June 1, 2021 3:40AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Well, no. Lizards in RL can not "grow back" their tails. It is a one-time trick. So I would assume it is also the case of Argonians.
    Edit: But I don't think Argonians have the ability to naturally "lose" tail once they are in danger to begin with.

Actually, some lizards can regrow their tails, including several species of gecko. I would expect Argonians not to have such an ability, because their size and body style would make it a much less efficient and effective defense.

As to Argonian clothing and armor, I do think that it would make sense for clothing and armor to cover the upper portion at least. It has always looked weird to me as is and dissuaded me from creating an Argonian character.

In contrast, I don’t feel this is needed on Khajiit mainly because of the relative size (in diameter) of the tail as compared to the body and I don’t feel their tails would comfortably support armor and would interfere with feline movement.
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    No
    thrash class why bother :D
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Endriu
    Endriu
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Spawniaq wrote: »
    thrash class why bother :D
    Can you elaborate?

And by the way you see argonians are not a class.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, they should.

Also, they should remember that Argonian and Khajiit tails exist when they are designing new skins. You know, all those cool new ones where the markings just...suddenly stop at the tail.
  • DukeCybran
    DukeCybran
    ✭✭✭
    No
    An honourable denizen in Nirn shouldn't cut, split, or pull an enemy's tail.