Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need more personal furnishings to make house look lived in

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been working on making my houses feel more lived in, but it's been difficult. There just aren't enough personal items to accomplish this. I've tossed a book or stack of books here and there, some glasses of wine, combs and brushes on the vanity, jewelry boxes on the dressers, and hung robes up in the bedroom and bathrooms, but it could still use more. What I'd like to see added are items like the following:

• Articles of clothing that could be draped across the back of a chair, or the end of the bed.
  • A cloak rack to hang on the wall at the entrance.
  • Cloaks, hats, backpacks and bags to hang on the cloak rack.
  • Armor and weapon racks.
  • Armor and weapons for the racks.
  • Soaps and other toiletries.

There are so many possibilities. I just want my characters to really live in their homes.
Edited by SilverBride on May 27, 2021 5:55PM
PCNA
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We could definitely use a bigger variety of clutter.

Instead every update we get 4 new wine glasses, 4 new dining chairs, 6 new tables, 2 counters, 2 wardrobes etc.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also a fan of rooms cluttered with lots of things. The problem with bits and pieces is, as always, the furnishing limit. I would like more potted plants like those from Alinor - otherwise it always takes up several spaces if you have to put together your own potted plants from vessels and plants.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 200 unused slots in Proudspire Manor and I have no idea where I would put any new furniture pieces. So I have plenty of room for personal items. I would like more potted plants too, as @Lugaldu suggested.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 27, 2021 11:22PM
    PCNA
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A bed you could actually lie down on, as if sleeping. The ability to sign out while lying there. And still be lying there when you sign back in.
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armour/Weapon racks are probably number one on my list of wants for furnishings.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bed you could actually lie down on, as if sleeping. The ability to sign out while lying there. And still be lying there when you sign back in.
    And also "stay seated" when logging out. For some reason, this is the games biggest immersion breaker for me: logging out sitting down just to see my character jump up out of their chair and stand. Then, logging back in to see my character always standing instead of relaxing and sitting, the way I intended to leave them.

Definitely need the sleeping/staying sleeping implemented as well :relaxed:

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 200 unused slots in Proudspire Manor and I have no idea where I would put any new furniture pieces. So I have plenty of room for personal items. I would like more potted plants too, as @Lugaldu suggested.

I had the same thing there- it's a nice problem to have. I took advantage of the extra slots and filled a couple of bookcases with readable books.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »

I had the same thing there- it's a nice problem to have. I took advantage of the extra slots and filled a couple of bookcases with readable books.

I have some readable books scattered here and there. My favorite is "Cheeses of Tamriel". But I'd love more personal items.

Bedside the things I mentioned in my original post, some Shoes and Boots, pieces of Jewelry, Laundry basket filled with clothing... things you'd normally see in an occupied home.
    PCNA
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    More small items that add a lived in look would be appreciated, as well as more items to place on shelves and in book cases, and cabinets, that are a collection of items. So many things have neat cubby holes and so few things fit in them. It's those little details that make the big difference.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love more stuffed animals like the ones that came with the Heart's Day Retreat furnishing Pack. Cute, unique stuff like that.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More small items that add a lived in look would be appreciated, as well as more items to place on shelves and in book cases, and cabinets, that are a collection of items. So many things have neat cubby holes and so few things fit in them. It's those little details that make the big difference.

Yes, we need those for bookcases that don’t have a “Filled” option like Alinor and many others.

Also, I’d like to be able to buy a row of books to put in those bookcases with gold, not crowns.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just added socks and a pair of pants you can buy from the merchant.
    PCNA
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    They just added socks and a pair of pants you can buy from the merchant.

I also saw a stack of laundry on redit.
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    And also "stay seated" when logging out. For some reason, this is the games biggest immersion breaker for me: logging out sitting down just to see my character jump up out of their chair and stand. Then, logging back in to see my character always standing instead of relaxing and sitting, the way I intended to leave them.

Definitely need the sleeping/staying sleeping implemented as well :relaxed:

I play console, and I often log out sitting looking over the ocean at Grand Psijic Manor. I stay seated when logging out. And when I log back in, I'm still sitting. Cause I get stuck trying to stand up because of how I have my chair!
    -Dawn
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish several of the contraband items were furniture. So many of them are everyday items, tools and other clutter a person of Tamriel would have in their home.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • JaggdLynx
    JaggdLynx
    Soul Shriven
    I wish several of the contraband items were furniture. So many of them are everyday items, tools and other clutter a person of Tamriel would have in their home.

Some good ole fashioned moonsugar on the nightstand, and half empty skooma bottles laying eveywhere, like as it were Morrowind all over again 😂😂
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been working on making my houses feel more lived in, but it's been difficult. There just aren't enough personal items to accomplish this. I've tossed a book or stack of books here and there, some glasses of wine, combs and brushes on the vanity, jewelry boxes on the dressers, and hung robes up in the bedroom and bathrooms, but it could still use more. What I'd like to see added are items like the following:

• Articles of clothing that could be draped across the back of a chair, or the end of the bed.
    • A cloak rack to hang on the wall at the entrance.
    • Cloaks, hats, backpacks and bags to hang on the cloak rack.
    • Armor and weapon racks.
    • Armor and weapons for the racks.
    • Soaps and other toiletries.

There are so many possibilities. I just want my characters to really live in their homes.

Yes! I have long wondered why there are no weapons racks or dummies for clothing or armor. With all the armor we have, it would be cool to be able to beautify them and put them on dummies. It would make nice additions to housing, while also saving a bit of space in our coffers and banks (for those armors you don't want to destroy). :-)
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, we need those for bookcases that don’t have a “Filled” option like Alinor and many others.

Also, I’d like to be able to buy a row of books to put in those bookcases with gold, not crowns.

Well, technically you can... Mysticists sell books that are usable as furniture, but sadly they are often too big to fit in normal bookcases. Also, they are, once opened, individual books rather than a row of books, so putting them in place is a bit of a hassle.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I'm also a fan of rooms cluttered with lots of things. The problem with bits and pieces is, as always, the furnishing limit. I would like more potted plants like those from Alinor - otherwise it always takes up several spaces if you have to put together your own potted plants from vessels and plants.

You know what I miss? Pots. And planters.

I remember Fallout 4, where you could build big round or square planters (not sure if it was native to the game or an addon that allowed for that) where you could put your plants in. I miss something like that here. Would be nice both for big trees placed on stone, or for farms (putting those "not real" turnips in organised soil). :-)