The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Golden Vendor Companion Gear

Zer0_CooL
Zer0_CooL
✭✭✭✭✭
Since companion gear seems to drop fairly rare in higher qualities, should a weekly companion gear vendor be introduced?

Golden Vendor Companion Gear 86 votes

Hell no, what a stupid poll.
25%
vailjohn_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOThorntonguelolo_01b16_ESOBlkadrredspecter23six2fallSleep724Toxic_HemlockCerboltSchmetterfroschScallanGrimlok_SmikemaconWandering_Immigrantthe1andonlyskwexACamaroGuyKladstefj68honglatongla 22 votes
Yes, purchasable for gold.
48%
Alurriatspecherb14_ESODoctor_DementoGythralTheForFeeFKhenarthiSeptimus_Magnaimendil.theb17_ESOBriolaseAshtarisLinaleahRemanCyrodiil_IStreegaDagoth_RacXuhoraCzeriZer0_CooLOhtimbarLeogonMassive_Stain 42 votes
Yes, purchasable for Alliancepoints.
16%
Gilvothdcam86b14_ESOKadoozystybbe17b16_ESOTerraDewBerryReverbLumsdenmldelclay23JofootballoTelvanniWizardcarlos424Chaos2088IngrollHoneyBunBadgers 14 votes
Yes, purchasable for Telvar Stones.
2%
Marcus_ThraciusBRCOURTN 2 votes
Yes, purchasable for undaunted keys.
6%
Unified_GamingDosuulLoneStar2911sarahthesNSatinPeachVsEggplant 6 votes
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was like " what, why would it be purchasable with AP? companions are not usable in cyrodill" but then i thought, waaaait. are they?

edit: typo
    Edited by Xuhora on May 31, 2021 2:18PM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm

I don't think this is the answer. Maybe possible quest rewards or event thing
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No alliance points nor tel vars as Companions aren't used in PvP.
    It would be for gold,writ vouchers or undaunted keys.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xuhora
    No they aren't. I just wanted to add all aviable curencies. (excl. vauchers, and event tickets)
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on May 31, 2021 2:37PM
  • GOAT4EVAR
    GOAT4EVAR
    ✭✭✭
    Why not the new currency? forgot the name seals of something
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    i was like " what, why would it be purchasable with AP? companions are not usable in cyrodill" but then i thought, waaaait. are they?

edit: typo

NOPE, nothing like that ever will be available for PVP
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold
    as they are useless outside open world questing!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or! OR! They could just make it craftable, like it should be. Crazy idea, I know.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long quest chain, at the end you get a random piece of gold quality gear. Kind of like how you first obtain Nirnhoned gear.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a solution:

- Add a new undaunted token that drops from daily undaunted pledges if completed in hard mode
    - 10 of those tokens can be used to open a new undaunted chest that has a 10% chance to drop a new companion upgrade fragment
    - 10 of those fragments can be forged into an upgrade tool
    - 8 of the upgrade tools let you improve the quality of one piece of companion gear

w00t.gif

• Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think gold would work best. If it does go on the golden vendor, it should be random pieces. And maybe not even every weekend.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not allow players to learn companion motifs and craft their gear? I'd be up for that more than spending 100K or other high number for little gain.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it needs to be both alliance points as well as undaunted keys so we can get their armor in both pvp and pve.
    why? because, some of us Hate pve (like me) and need to buy the armors and weapons in pvp,
    and some of us Hate pvp and need to buy the armors and weapons in pve.
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    it needs to be both alliance points as well as undaunted keys so we can get their armor in both pvp and pve.
    why? because, some of us Hate pve (like me) and need to buy the armors and weapons in pvp,

Companions aren't usable in PVP.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.

I'm kinda looking forward to selling any good drops I get in the traders to people who are silly enough to take these new pets seriously. This would hurt my ability to do that.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crazepdx wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »

Companions aren't usable in PVP.

we all know that you cant use companions in pvp.
    that is not what i am talking about,

i will try to be as clear as possible,
    i dont want to buy Companion armor and weapons with PVE income, i hate PVE.
    so what i am saying is:

the Purchase, of companion armor and weapons, needs to be both alliance points as well as undaunted keys so we can get their armor in both pvp and pve.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 31, 2021 8:10PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should just make it upgrade able like every other piece of gear in the game.

If they stick with the drops only route I would not be opposed to gear being on the golden vendor so long as there is a decent selection to choose from each week.