The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Cp being reset on launch?

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
Will the chapter also mean cp is reset, since it brings new healing trees and the passive nerfs?
Edited by merevie on May 30, 2021 7:18PM
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't refund all our CP, but instead just give us a couple of week of free re-allocation.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP wasn't reset when Blackwood hit the PTS, so I doubt it will be reset when Blackwood hits the live servers.

But there was a free respec event on the PTS, so I'm expecting there will be one on the live server, too. IIRC, the event did not coincide with Blackwood's launch on the PTS, but came later.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for a reset, on pts you just get the cp points back that you dont need anymore, after the passives star nerfs
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly, if have 50 points in some passive and now it will be for example 30 points maximum, than you will have 20 points back, so you can just use them on other stars.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    There is no need for a reset, on pts you just get the cp points back that you dont need anymore, after the passives star nerfs
    Exactly, if have 50 points in some passive and now it will be for example 30 points maximum, than you will have 20 points back, so you can just use them on other stars.

I can confirm that this is how it was handled on the PTS.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The healing trees are new, so people may wish to move points.
    Was hoping the company had communicated somewhere and I'd just missed it -guess not.
    Edited by merevie on May 31, 2021 5:02AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the PTS they seemed to indicate that there would be a free respec "event" again.

• PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    But what was there so critical it needed nerfs ?
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PigofSteel wrote: »
    But what was there so critical it needed nerfs ?

The gap between veteran players and new players weren't large enough so they increased it. Lol

They have said in the past that they wanted to lower the ceiling but this will just have the opposite effect.
    Edited by Jackey on May 31, 2021 9:12AM
    PS | EU
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems they are taking the *** on people that complained. LOL
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, most ppl who played here even from Beta, didnt have over 2000 cps. The average was from 1300 - 1900. So they decreased the points required, to fall in that category.

Apparently it is unpleasant to suddenly not be maxxed in a game, you spent 7+ years in.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say reset do you mean reset to CP0 or reset the points you already put in ?
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean forcibly removing all the points from the trees, the way they reset toons when they went to the new system.

I'm not going to want to remember every nuance on 12 toons -even if it's just a point of comparison before changing it.
    Edited by merevie on May 31, 2021 11:13AM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    The healing trees are new, so people may wish to move points.
    Was hoping the company had communicated somewhere and I'd just missed it -guess not.

Metoo