The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Undaunted Mettle items to use?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
To get the max Undaunted Mettle bonus, I require to be wearing the 3 types of armor - light, medium, heavy to get the max 6% to magicak, stam, health.
I usually run pieces of heavy armor. So where should I put the medium and light armor for the best protecting? Shoulders and girdel?

Is this passive worth it?

Tanks!

Z
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions, actually. If you favor heavy, then wear the medium piece and light piece each on a 'small' piece of armor (hands, feet, waist, shoulders). The 'big' pieces have more armor (chest, legs, shield) value and are more effective with heavier armor.

As far as being worth it, I think the consensus (and I agree) after Update 29 is if you wear light or medium, go 7/0. Since tanks really want all three attributes, wearing 5/1/1 is appropriate for tanks.

After Update 29, my tank stayed in 5/1/1. My archers went from 5/1/1 to 7/0. My mages went from 5/1/1 to 7/0 except my magblade - she went from 5/1/1 to 5/2(heavy) to increase the duration of her major resolve from 6 to 9 seconds after casting a shadow skill.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 30, 2021 8:45PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are min/maxing most of the meta builds ignore this Undaunted passive and go full 7 piece of whatever armor type your build uses.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only care about it on my tanky characters, so I go 5 heavy, light gloves and belt have the lowest armor values.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium belt and light gloves is the best way to ensure maximum armor values