The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Just normal, pretty horses

Reeb
Reeb
✭✭
While more and more flashy mounts with over-the-top visual effects are being added, there are still no normal horses available in this game. The flood of WoW-like creatures distorts the otherwise elegant art style of ESO. Even if you want to stick to a more fitting mount, the standard horses look just bad: they are fat and have strangely crooked hind legs. There have been numerous requests of players to fix the badly designed standard horses but they remain unanswered.

If changing old models is not a thing, I (and probably many others) would be willing to pay money to get just a normal, pretty horse from the Crown Store instead of another Nighthaunt Gloomspore Boar or whatever they are working on now.
Arkhanis Darvel & Rock the Bear | Warden | PC-EU
Adventurer, skirmisher, bard-amateur
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are normal Horses. You buy them at the Stables in the game for Gold. Talk to the Stablemaster.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There are normal Horses. You buy them at the Stables in the game for Gold. Talk to the Stablemaster.

I think the OP wants more normal looking horses added to buy. They do have a point, compared to the variety of the other mounts in the game, there aren't as many choices for horses.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really do want a gorgeous black horse, something with some elegance and substance to it, like a Friesian or a Percheron. I want a big horse, not something squat and squished like the "heavy" mount model that came with Greymoor. I want it to have one of the heavier horse voices, not that teeny pony voice most of them have. Simple black tack, maybe with some tasteful silver accents. I miss seeing horses' manes, and I miss them being animated.

1c6e715f2b9c0ea361ea57f3f83b7bd0.jpg
    horsepower10.jpg
    342407e0a82a5fad0420cc51c9d3c480.jpg
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. At some point, I think that ZOS stole away a mount designer from Blizzard. :smile:

When they are not silly, like the Easter Egg Horse, I do look very closely at buying them, Crown or Gold.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's actually more horse mounts in the game than anything else, including many which are plain skins without any special effects, but they all use two models:

There's the original one:
    Bay-Dun-Horse-Side-1.jpg?w=953&ssl=1

And the new one:
    Egg-Hunters-Horse-Side.jpg?w=1053&ssl=1

I assume that's what the OP means by them all being fat and having strange legs, they don't like the base design for horses, not just the effects added to some of them.

Although if you don't like any of the 95 horses which already exist it seems highly unlikely ZOS is going to make one you do like without more information. Apart from vague insults what exactly makes the existing ones unacceptable to your personal standards? Are you able to post some pictures of what you would consider to be a normal horse?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    There's actually more horse mounts in the game than anything else, including many which are plain skins without any special effects, but they all use two models:

There's the original one:
    Bay-Dun-Horse-Side-1.jpg?w=953&ssl=1

And the new one:

I assume that's what the OP means by them all being fat and having strange legs, they don't like the base design for horses, not just the effects added to some of them.

Although if you don't like any of the 95 horses which already exist it seems highly unlikely ZOS is going to make one you do like without more information. Apart from vague insults what exactly makes the existing ones unacceptable to your personal standards? Are you able to post some pictures of what you would consider to be a normal horse?

There's actually more than that:
    - Heavy model used by Aurelian horses, seems to be an adaptation of the original model, unique to them.
    - "Heavy" model used by Legion Zero horses, Holdbreaker horse, Sovngarde horses, etc. Appears shorter and narrower than the other models. Possibly also used by Dwarven and Frostbane horses.
    - A new one seen in the Akaviri and Ayleid horses, a little more muscular than your second example, better sculpting on the model.
    - One unavailable to players, a stocky draft breed seen pulling carts in Western Skyrim and The Reach.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool if more normal horses that already exist would just be available to buy. Liiiiiike I don't know. The Dapple Gray Palfrey and Gray Yokudan Charger that haven't made an appearance since 2015? :p Seriously though, the rotation of items gets old, especially when things aren't actually being rotated and just disappear forever it seems.
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just did a quick count and although there are nearly 100 horses in game, a mere 18 of them are un-armored, normal horses that don't have some gimmick attached (like carrying an egg basket or whatever) or magical effects. Even then some of these are hardly what I would consider "normal" (#18 is unnaturally purple toned), but at least they aren't translucent :D

1. Bay Dun Horse (base game)
    2. Black Fredas Soot Stallion (2018 Black Friday special)
    3. Brown Paint Horse (base game)
    4. Coalsmoke Forge Horse (Frost Atronach crates)
    5. Daggerfall Dapple Horse (Akaviri Potentate crates)
    6. Dapple Grey Palfrey (last in crown store May 2015)
    7. Gray Yokudan Charger (last in crown store May 2015)
    8. Imperial Horse (Imperial edition/upgrade)
    9. Midnight Steed (base game)
    10. Palomino Horse (was once in crown store/Gold edition, now part of Storm Atronach crates)
    11. Pellitine Mustang (Scalecaller crates)
    12. Piebald Destrier (last in crown store July 2019)
    13. Shadowghost Horse (sometimes appears in crown store around Halloween)
    14. Snow-Blanket Sorrel Horse (last in crown store April 2019)
    15. Sorrel Horse (base game)
    16. White Mane Horse (only normal horse that has been a crown store staple for years)
    17. White Spotted Courser (Nightfall crates)
    18. Whiterun Windsteed (part of the Steadfast Stablemaster bundle)
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And the new one:

The new model definitely looks a bit better, even if the hind legs still show an absurd position. I always try not to look closely at the horses...

• Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesyesyesyesyes.
    I hate with a burning passion the WoW-esque mounts that have been added to the game in recent years, and just want some normal-looking mounts.

I'm continuously disappointed to see otherwise normal horses be added to the game, only for their hair/tail to be braided and sparkling, or for them to have plate armour.

The new horse models look beautiful, and I would love to have a plain horse mount that uses it, rather than having to use the old horse models because they are among the only ones that don't have extra STUFF tacked on to them.
  • Reeb
    Reeb
    ✭✭
    It's not about my personal standards but rather about how horses look in real life and most non-cartoonish fantasy seetings. An ideal horse for me would be the Sorrel Horse or the Midnight Steed but with a model that is closer to a natural look of the horse, e.g.:
    grizoom-quarter-horse-stallion-chestnut-red-sire-westernhorses-reininghorses-ranch-riding-horses-wolfratshausen-1792492_5.jpg

Anumaril wrote: »
    Yesyesyesyesyes.
    I hate with a burning passion the WoW-esque mounts that have been added to the game in recent years, and just want some normal-looking mounts.

I'm continuously disappointed to see otherwise normal horses be added to the game, only for their hair/tail to be braided and sparkling, or for them to have plate armour.

The new horse models look beautiful, and I would love to have a plain horse mount that uses it, rather than having to use the old horse models because they are among the only ones that don't have extra STUFF tacked on to them.
    Exactly! Every time I see new horses added to the Crown Store, I hold my breath hoping that I can finally get a plain yet elegant horse, before looking closer and realising it has some cheap additions that spoil everything.
    Arkhanis Darvel & Rock the Bear | Warden | PC-EU
    Adventurer, skirmisher, bard-amateur
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they just fixed the strangely deformed hind legs, they'd be fine.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The spring and chaurus egg horses would be awesome without the basket thing/egg sacks always being there.
    PC NA
  • Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree that there should be more "normal" looking equine mounts. In the world of Elder Scrolls, it is so off putting to see so many "WoW" type mounts, as the OP says.

Horses in real life come in ssssooooooo many colors and patterns. Please, for divines sake, can we have some more "normal" looking horses?? There are so many stunning colors to choose from! Flaxen chestnut, chocolate palomino, silver dapple bay, perlino, smoky grullo, red dun, dappled buckskin, just to name a few. With patterns like leopard, tobiano, overo, splash white, bridle, roan. Add in various leg and face markings. The options are endless!