The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear ZOS, can we please have more large Daedric Prince statues?

Cat_Sìthe
Cat_Sìthe
Soul Shriven
I've been playing ESO on the Xbox One NA server since 2017. Elder Scrolls is one of my favourite franchises and I'm personally a big fan of the Daedra and Oblivion.

I simply have a request where Daedric Shrines are concerned. Can we please have large house item statues made available for the full line up of Daedric Princes? There are seventeen Daedric Princes in total, no? (This number includes Jyggalag but I won't personally be upset if he's excluded in ESO due to the technicalities surrounding his reemergence as established in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.)

Unless I've missed one, I've counted that so far we can have either the option or opportunity to obtain:

Malacath, God of Oaths and Curses - 4,000 Crowns, incl. within Furnishing Pack: Malacath's Chosen
Mephala, The Webspinner - 4,000 Crowns, incl. within Furnishing Pack: Trappings of Mephala Worship
Meridia, Lady of Infinite Energies - 3,000 Crowns, Crown Store
Namira, Mistress of Decay - 100 Gems, Dragonscale Crates
Nocturnal, Mistress of Shadows - 100 Gems, Psijic Crates
Peryite, The Taskmaster - 100 Gems, Scalecaller Crates
Spirit Warden Azura Statue - 75,000 gold, Wayrest Achievement Furnisher
Statue of Azura, Queen of Dawn and Dusk - 4,000 Crowns, incl. within Furnishing Pack: Daedric Set of Azura
Statue of Sheogorath, Shivering Isles Sovereign - 2,800 Crowns, Housing Editor
Statue of Sheogorath, the Madgod - 100 Gems, Reaper's Harvest Crates
Statue of Hircine - 100 Gems, Wild Hunt Crates
Statue of Hircine's Bitter Mercy - 2,500 Crowns, Housing Editor
Statue of Malacath, Orc-Father - 100 Gems, Flame Atronach Crates
Statue of Masked Clavicus Vile with Barbas - 100 Gems, Dwarven Crates
Statue of Molag Bal, God of Schemes - 3,500 Crowns, incl. within Furnishing Pack: Molag Bal Bundle
The Final Threat i.e. a statue of Molag Bal - 100,000 gold, Global Achievement Furnisher in Elden Root, Mournhold and Wayrest
Vaermina Statue - 75,000 gold, Wayrest Achievement Furnisher

Looking over this list, it's clear that the twelve Daedric Princes who have featured heavily in ESO storylines have benefitted from having a furnishing item of their shrines made available to players. It's further a comment on both their popularity and/or relevance that Azura, Hircine, Malacath, Molag Bal, and Sheogorath actually have two statues each - with Sheogorath even getting one that's a huge furnishing item instead of the standard large size.

With the date for Blackwood's release drawing ever closer, I think it's also not a stretch to suspect that we'll be seeing a statue to Mehrunes Dagon introduced in the Crown Store sometime very soon.

However, this still leaves Daedric Princes Boethiah, Hermaeus Mora, Jyggalag and Sanguine being sadly underrepresented. It's strange, considering Boethiah is so important to Dark Elf lore and Hermaeus Mora even gets an entire DLC storyline set in his realm of Apocrypha in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. As for Sanguine, well, isn't it past time he gets more than a Public Dungeon that doesn't give him even a cameo in Shadowfen? And for everyone (myself included) who wanted the unmasked version of Clavicus Vile's large statue as seen in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, we're all hoping that one day we'll be lucky enough to maybe get one.

This is only a personal request from myself, of course. Aside from standard disgruntlement towards the statue pricings and availabilities, I have no further complaints where they're otherwise concerned. They look great, I love them and I would especially like to have them all. :)
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Boethra statue available via Antiquities is TECHNICALLY one of Boethiah, just the Khajiit flavor of Boethiath.

What's odd is that a Statue for Boethiah in their Male form already exists and and can be seen in game, I just forget which delve.

And Hermaeus Mora similarly already has a statue in Craglorn as well, but it's an awkward design that could be difficult to translate to a Pedestal style.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on May 31, 2021 1:43AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    What's odd is that a Statue for Boethiah in their Male form already exists and and can be seen in game, I just forget which delve.

It was in Knife Ear grotto, but removed. But there is still one in Ten-Maur-Wolk... although I wonder if it's just something they forgot to remove. Doesn't really look that Daedric tbh, and without the banners you wouldn't even know it's supposed to be him.
    331px-ON-interior-Knife_Ear_Grotto_02.png

Honestly, that statue didn't really look anything like dude-Boethiah in the first place, especially the face. Reminded me of the Roman Emperor Nero, tbh. It didn't look anything like he did in Oblivion:
    300px-OB-img-Shrine_of_Boethia.JPG

Sidenote though, I wonder why Boethiah is the only Daedric Prince who does show up in two genders in statues over the series, and even then never really in the same game. Boethiah does have various forms in lore, but the games have really stuck to one or the other (pretty well all references in Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion were a male Boethiah, and pretty well all references in ESO/Skyrim were female), but we've never seen multiple forms in the same game. Also Mephala used to be constantly referred to in lorebooks as androgynous and with different pronouns, but has never been seen in any form or statue other than female, and going off of the later games, it seems that they've almost retconned her to be exclusively female.

Oh and on the note of Mephala, I know a few guildies who would kill for that hanging Mephala statue in Cradle of Shadows to be available:
    200px-ON-misc-Cradle_of_Shadows_Mephala_Statue.jpg