Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

how do I access the secret boss hunter grotto in vateshran arena?

ZorroDeMar
ZorroDeMar
✭✭
Can someone explain me how I can access the secret boss for hunter grotto in vateshran arena?
I start garbing Grappling Hook finish the hole hunter grotto go to then I do the hole The Wounding (Blue Arena)with secret boss. Start the Brimstone Den (Red Arena) get the secret boss. But how I go back to the boss in the hunter grotto?

Thanks
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't. You can never do the secret boss of the first portal you enter. You would need to start over and do the portals in a different order, so that you have the fire-walking ability before entering Hunter's Grotto. In that case, you would not be able to reach the secret boss of one of the other portals. The secret bosses give power-ups and, like the health/magicka/stamina orbs, you cannot have all of the power-ups at the same time.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couldnt you do the secret red boss if you can heal/shield yourself through the lava?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • ZorroDeMar
    ZorroDeMar
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldnt you do the secret red boss if you can heal/shield yourself through the lava?
    I believe the answer is no, because lava is considered to be like water, you can't cast spells in it while "swimming", and you have to swim in it for so long that your buffs wear out and you then die from being unable to heal.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I believe the answer is no, because lava is considered to be like water, you can't cast spells in it while "swimming", and you have to swim in it for so long that your buffs wear out and you then die from being unable to heal.

It's not the lava that's a problem. All the lava in VH is shallow and you can cast, and the path to the secret boss has brimstone orbs along it. But when you get close to the secret boss, there's a fire filled gateway that's impassable. There is a switch to disable it but you can only get there via a wounding portal, so you have to have already finished the blue area.