The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question about Dual Wield

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In the Dual Wield skill, are there any differences and advantages/disadvantages between the different types of one-handed weapons, such as the speed at which you can attack, or the type of injuries done and any extra effects such as bleeding damage, etc.?
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think it looks cool. 😎
    PCNA
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. The last passive is what matters. Daggers increase your crit chance, maces increase penetration, swords increase weapon and spell damage, axes.... increase your critical damage done apparently. That got changed, used to have a chance to deal extra damage over time.

Two handed and desto staves also get different buffs depending on what you use. One handed and shield it doesn't matter if your weapon is a sword, dagger, axe or mace.
    Options
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different types of damage have a chance to apply different status effects. Physical/martial damage can apply a bleeding effect. It's best to read the in game help in the ui, as there will be more complete information there.
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    Different types of damage have a chance to apply different status effects. Physical/martial damage can apply a bleeding effect. It's best to read the in game help in the ui, as there will be more complete information there.

Physical applies sundered which is minor breach
    Bleed applies haemorage which is a dot which also shrinks your health bar can't remember what this debuff is called.
    Axe - crit damage/healing
    Dagger - crit chance
    Mace - penetration
    Sword - WD/SD
    Options
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @relentless_turnip 😁

I was at work and couldn't confirm the details.
    Options