The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Simple changes for Necro to reduce clunk

robpr
robpr
✭✭✭✭✭
This thread is mainly addressing the clunk of using Necro as dd in PvE content.

PvP issues aside, my main gripe with Necro are it's 2 main damage skills: Blastbones and Siphon. Even after several patches those 2 abilities like to work not as expected that can completely ruin skill rotations. Siphon attaches to wrong corpse, Blastbones go AFK

Blastbones mechanic change
You can recast ability while skelly is active. Doing so makes it explode in 4m radius dealing half of tooltip damage and creating a new one. This completely removes blocking of ability until it hits the target when it's AI derps off and makes it stand next to target instead.

Siphon mechanic change
Instead of vague corpse targetting, you cast it like normal AoE. It leaves a damaging field that deals half of the damage. If there is a corpse in the field, it get consumed (like Graveyard does) and creates a full damage field and a tether.
Healing version does the same but of course it heals instead.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fear the clunk is built-in. I swear most of the time I play that class I’m spending more time looking at the character and what I’m going to be doing next that I am at the enemy. And they didn’t even give us a skeleton swordsman! Just an exploding one you never see because of the targets always to close. Half the time I only know the damn things exploded because of the occasional flying bone. In amongst all that racket and spectacle the actual burst of the skeleton is almost invisible, you certainly don’t hear it.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fear the clunk is built-in. I swear most of the time I play that class I’m spending more time looking at the character and what I’m going to be doing next that I am at the enemy. And they didn’t even give us a skeleton swordsman! Just an exploding one you never see because of the targets always to close. Half the time I only know the damn things exploded because of the occasional flying bone. In amongst all that racket and spectacle the actual burst of the skeleton is almost invisible, you certainly don’t hear it.

The clunk is there to slow us down. Imagine being able to fire of some of these skills at will without proper targeting. Our DPS numbers would be astronomical. You can add skulls to that list of clunky skills also.