The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Stone Eagle Aerie - "Crystalcrafter's Citadel"

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi fellow Housing fans! :smile:

Here's a video of my Stone Eagle Aerie, which I'm using as my Master Jewelcrafter character's luxurious Markarth home. I was really inspired by this geometric Art Deco-esque Dwemer house with its golden details and private waterfalls, to make this into a crafter's villa who got rich from the magical crystals that seem to thrive around old Dwemer structures (something to do with tonal resonance perhaps). Also, I'm absolutely no video-making genius, so the video is a bit wonky, but I hope you'll enjoy the tour! :sweat_smile:

https://youtu.be/RHSh39mXwTc

Reception Room (where the clients can wait for their Jewelry consultation while being impressed by the golden statues and the indoors waterfall - if you got it, flaunt it)
f69cvcn3ed7x.png
uao8831da8z4.png

Crystalcrafter's Workshop
ndm51spkmx0i.png
hoocx4tvv0uo.png

Office (I found this room more useful as a self-contained room, than a corridor that leads to an external door, so it's blocked off by a 'window')
8f7ay6vbnhxc.png
e91u1q3t0ayo.png

Some pipes and mechanisms around the mansion still showcase its Dwarven origins.
8csox4997glx.png
7mexd3y5ngq3.png

Parlor, Dining Room, Kitchen
kcwjnujv2l4h.png
6m60dulijrnx.png
tn66dmyylurb.png

Ensuite Bedroom
sosrdj7i3ik1.png

The Citadel Overlook (I blocked off one of the house's 3 exit doors to place a Tower at the roof level, for a fabulous viewing area over the city)
c1l9rj9voi0t.png
or253ez5nhtt.png

Northern and Southern Crystal Courtyards (the source of the riches that pay for this luxurious Dwemer mansion above the city)
l7mymxema6xy.png
587cslsu4euz.png

More shots of the Courtyard
hrgdnytiqgp2.png
g9md5cu1xuzb.png

Bathing area on the Lower Terrace (for those who dare take the plunge into Skyrim's waters)
1k3l18j5qxuo.png
menjh3rbw2mx.png
Just two notes as a heads-up for undecided buyers, based on my experiences: if you have OCD or just a common human preference for aligned lines you'll probably be triggered by this house because almost everything is mis-aligned and off-center. And while I do appreciate the work the housing team put into Stone Eagle Aerie, and I love the look and did buy it as evidenced; this is not a good Dwemer house to show off most of our 96 regular-Dwemer items, and the few that I put in it look painfully out of place because they match nothing there. I probably complained about the white-gold Dwemer / slate-bronze Dwemer division issue more than anybody else on this forum, and I still maintain that it was a terrible design decision to not release a single properly coloured Dwarven house, but have 3 white-Dwemer ones.

Buy this house if you 1) love the white-and-gold Markarth-Dwarven style 2) want breath-taking views over Markarth.
Don't buy this house if you 1) want a house that matches our existing Dwemer furniture 2) enjoy symmetry and aligned floor/door/wall placements.

Thanks for watching and have a great day! :blush:
Edited by bluebird on May 24, 2021 2:36PM
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous. This house went up for sale last about a month before I joined so I'll probably have a year to save up for it. It really is a favorite and the misalignment shouldn't bother me too much. :)

The thing that I worry about is it's so large that the slot limit would be more apparent than a regular large house.
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    Love this @bluebird ! Great concept and love how you brought it to life with the details