The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Build for arthritic fingers

DarthFett
DarthFett
✭✭✭
I'm an old gamer and I love playing this game but I've come to the realization that I can no longer la weave with out causing myself at least a week of wearing a wrist brace.
Are there some good builds that use ha or don't require fast keyboard mashing?

**Edit**
I just realized I didn't put a class.
I have a character of each class so any class is fine but I do mostly play my StamNB or my MagSorc.
Edited by DarthFett on May 23, 2021 2:02PM
This one swears-by his life and his love of it-that this one will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for him.

Satoris Lightmane - Khajiit NB

Best Answer

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread might interest you, as it fits the bill of what you're looking for and is fairly recent. But honestly it seems like most older threads that cover this should still be pretty relevant; it's true that some things have changed over time, but on the whole Heavy Attack builds really haven't changed so much that the old threads' info is useless. Not to be the guy who jumps into a thread just to say "use the search function!" but... there is a lot of good info out there already. Heavy Attack builds are usually a solid go-to for people with dexterity issues and whatnot. I hope you find something that works for you, @DarthFett ! :)

@Starlight_Whisper , why do you say Werewolf? Not trying to dispute it, just a little confused... I tend to think of WW as being more Light Attack dependent than any other play style... Am I missing something?
    Answer ✓
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this question a few times. The best answer is werewolf. Hmm pet sure should work too.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you wanting Overland content or Trials and PvP?

Overland does not require a tight rotation, just an efficient one. Hack the Minotaur has some awesome builds that don't require quick key mashing, in fact the one linked below, is a simple 2, 3, 4, 5 about 1 second apart, and no LA Weaving.

https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/builds/eso-grind-god-solo-magicka-sorcerer-build-archmage

Here are the rest

https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/builds

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not building info...but...

I have started switching between a pc controller and keyboard.
    I used to be just a keyboard user and was getting elbow issues.

(btw, never used an xbox like controller before and it took me a while to get it going, actually kind of frustrating...but persevered)

Now, I wear a wrist guard. And alternate input devices.
    And sadly, stretching. I have to stretch before gaming!!!

I do not know if altering would work or help your situation.

Started gaming with video rpgs with the Ultima series, then Morrowind, Oblivions, Skryrim, and looke where I ended up

Glad you are still gaming!
  • DarthFett
    DarthFett
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.
    Thanks for the reply @GreenHere.
    I did look at some older threads but wasn't sure how valid they were with all the CP changes and what not. Good to know that older ha builds are still viable. Hopefully that will help me be able to keep playing.
    This one swears-by his life and his love of it-that this one will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for him.

• DarthFett
    DarthFett
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor, thanks for the link. I mainly play Overland and dungeons. I haven't wanted to try Vet or Trials stuff yet because I figured if normal dungeons were causing issues, Vet/Trials would probably make my fingers fall off :'(
    I'll take a look at Hack the Minotaur's site though. I've only looked at Alcast's stuff so far.

@Zama666, I've tried to use a PS4 controller. It works well for traveling and random mobs while harvesting or digging for antiques but I've noticed that a lot of addons don't function correctly when the game switches to controller mode. I've tried using it a couple different times but I agree, it is very hard to get used to when you've never used one before.
    I also have been stretching my hand and arm before and after I play. My wife has informed me I also have to take breaks more often now, which does seem to help.

Mainly, it's really during dungeon runs that i find i end up in pain. Overland is pretty laid back for the most part.
    Thank you all for helping an old guy enjoy his hobby for a bit longer. It's greatly appreciated.

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A tip that I've found pretty useful is to get a stress ball or other finger/hand exercise device of your choosing. Mobility in the smaller joints really is helped by just plain using them fully on a regular basis. I have a just-smaller-than-a-softball nerf type material ball that I grip the absolute **** out of now and then to help those first and second digit joints; nothing can really pop them as safely or as reliably as just squeezing the right radius of compressible object for me/my hands.

A rolled up towel is a decent substitute, if you don't want to pay for a purpose-built toy of some kind. Wet a hand towel or something (larger than a wash cloth -- you don't want something so small that your fingers have to curl small/tightly) and just wring it out for dear life, lol. It's what I used to do, and honestly it's just as good as the "stress" device I bought on Amazon for this.

YMMV, obviously, but this was a game changer for me as someone who was dealing with significant hand pain at one time.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One caution on heavy attack builds is that if you solo bosses, a number of them will do a pretty good job of dodge rolling to avoid your heavy attacks. This includes Duitularg (a WB in Deeshan), Otho Rufinus (a WB in Grahtwood) and some others. Not that common but just a thought. Keeping AoE's on the ground and being ready to augment your mag regen with potions can help some since heavy attack builds can generally ignore mag regen.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo