The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Magic Sorcerer. Build Theory Crafting.

MindOfTheSwarm
MindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a an idea I had.2k8awipfwv071.png
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you consider the Spell Strategist set at all? It's got a dark purple visual effect that seems kind of on-theme for what you're aiming for, and the set bonus is fairly strong as well. Probably a better choice than War Maiden, since WM only boosts Magic Damage (as in, capital M capital D) so things like your Twilight and your Light/Heavy Attacks won't get boosted at all; whereas Spell Strat gives a generic Spell Damage boost that affects everything (but only against a single target at a time). Can't say for certain that SS is better than WM for your build, but I suspect so.

Looks cool either way, though! Always nice to see people breaking away from the absolute meta and making their own flavors! :smiley:
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy improvement is using Kjalnar as your monster set.

Get the target on CC-immunity and detonate both Galerion and that set on your fifth Light Attack.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Did you consider the Spell Strategist set at all? It's got a dark purple visual effect that seems kind of on-theme for what you're aiming for, and the set bonus is fairly strong as well. Probably a better choice than War Maiden, since WM only boosts Magic Damage (as in, capital M capital D) so things like your Twilight and your Light/Heavy Attacks won't get boosted at all; whereas Spell Strat gives a generic Spell Damage boost that affects everything (but only against a single target at a time). Can't say for certain that SS is better than WM for your build, but I suspect so.

Looks cool either way, though! Always nice to see people breaking away from the absolute meta and making their own flavors! :smiley:

I didn’t think of this set I might look into it. Actually I really wanted to run Resto Staff as it also deals Magic Damage and actually seems to do comparable damage to Lightning Staff when running War Maiden. (Less dot damage but more explosion damage on Heavy Attack.) problem is then I have to give up on Breach which is a big no no. But kudos to the set you suggested, I’ll give it a go. Really wish we had an Arcane Destro Staff option to run more purple dark themed skills. Wouldn’t take much to add a Magic variant of the Destro staff, wouldn’t need to offer any special perks either outside of Destructive Clench. The damage type and aesthetics would be enough.