The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Flash Freeze set idea

MindOfTheSwarm
MindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
Flash Freeze Light Armor Set

2 piece: 129 Spell Damage
3 piece: 1096 Maximum Magicka
4 piece: 1096 Maximum Magicka
5 piece: Your Frost damage over time effects gain 200% bonus Critical Damage
but your Critical Chance is permanently set to 10%. When you deal Critical Damage
with a Frost damage over time effect you stun the target, freezing them solid for 5
seconds.
  • Summerilse
    Summerilse
    Soul Shriven

but your Critical Chance is permanently set to 10%. When you deal Critical Damage
    with a Frost damage over time effect you stun the target, freezing them solid for 5
    seconds.

That would make for some interesting Warden builds. For all roles to.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

seconds.

sounds kinda WoW inspired which is interesting. there are big problems with this though.

this set randomly stuns enemies and is not controllable. therefore making it pretty bad in my opinion. this set seems PvP focused, and all it really does is has a conditional condition to randomly stun your enemy and deal a little bit more damage. the drawback of only having 10% critical chance is also pretty bizarre and is a big hurt to your build if you wanted to lean into trying to build for crits.

i'd go for something else more accessable honestly.

Since we know frost damage is about crits lets play into that theme. we should remove the stun effect because that is simply a bit too hard to control properly and forcing people into using 5pc sets just to stun enemies effectively (such as on magden) sounds very obnoxious.

my idea:

Ice Reaper

2pc spell crit
    3pc spell dmg
    4pc spell crit
    5pc: Increases your critical damage by up to 30% against targets affected by your frost damage over time effects based on their missing health.

dunno if that is balanced. but the idea stands. adds a frost set based execute if that makes sense.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 22, 2021 10:31AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s chance is set to 10% because you get 200% additional crit damage on dots. That does not sound much on a dot tick but don’t forget ults like Northern Storm, Ice Comet and Icy Rage. If you have a tooltip of Icy Rage of 10k which is easy plus you’re already stacks crit damage at say 85% that’s 285% on a random tick. The chance is set low to offset the very high damage. I didn’t think of this as PvP or pve focused. More of a solo set, Crit builds shouldn’t always be about delivering as many crits as possible. Which is why my suggestion has no crit passives as they would be redundant on a limitation of 10%. I mean in theory you could take it to nuts levels and double down so it’s five piece did something like this:

5 piece: Your Frost damage over time effects gain 1000% bonus Critical Damage
    but your Critical Chance is permanently set to 1%. When you deal Critical Damage
    seconds. Actually more I think about it, this would actually be fun ass set with it set like this.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s chance is set to 10% because you get 200% additional crit damage on dots. That does not sound much on a dot tick but don’t forget ults like Northern Storm, Ice Comet and Icy Rage. If you have a tooltip of Icy Rage of 10k which is easy plus you’re already stacks crit damage at say 85% that’s 285% on a random tick. The chance is set low to offset the very high damage. I didn’t think of this as PvP or pve focused. More of a solo set, Crit builds shouldn’t always be about delivering as many crits as possible. Which is why my suggestion has no crit passives as they would be redundant on a limitation of 10%. I mean in theory you could take it to nuts levels and double down so it’s five piece did something like this:

but your Critical Chance is permanently set to 1%. When you deal Critical Damage
    seconds. Actually more I think about it, this would actually be fun ass set with it set like this.

i dunno it's so oddly specific that it's just bad. ESO's sets aren't usually created to be so specific that it's hard to ever get value out of them.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 22, 2021 11:35AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dunno it's so oddly specific that it's just bad. ESO's sets aren't usually created to be so specific that it's hard to ever get value out of them.

I don’t think you’re looking at the big picture here or have done the math either. 10k dot on crit would yield 100k. Many other mmo’s and RPG’s have similar sets that do this and it works.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don’t think you’re looking at the big picture here or have done the math either. 10k dot on crit would yield 100k. Many other mmo’s and RPG’s have similar sets that do this and it works.

i don't need to do the math to know that the set doesn't work like others in ESO, and not in a good way, additionally, if you managed to use this in pvp to rng one-hit someone, do you think that is fair? i don't. besides, other than that very rare random one-hit, the bonus doesn't do anything at all other than hurt your build. i don't think it is good design whatsoever.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't need to do the math to know that the set doesn't work like others in ESO, and not in a good way, additionally, if you managed to use this in pvp to rng one-hit someone, do you think that is fair? i don't. besides, other than that very rare random one-hit, the bonus doesn't do anything at all other than hurt your build. i don't think it is good design whatsoever.

No one is going to one hit anyone with my suggestion. If you crit say in Winter’s Revenge with the suggestion. You would do about 38k. But Surprise attacks and other spammable already can hit this on a standard build and even exceed it. Furthermore if you take PVP rules into account you must half this damage to 19k and then add crit resistance on top which cuts down even further an most builds this equates to around 30-50% which is about 9k at one percent chance. This is hardly threatening. Also, with all due respect, yes you kind of do have to do the math with any set suggestion or criticism in order for any critique to hold any real credibility. If others put in set suggestions and it peaks my interest I always get out my calculator and offer constructive feedback. Final point is that people don’t want sets that work like other sets, what’s the point? The whole point of an RPG is that players play ‘roles’. Having everyone do essentially the same thing outside of aesthetics on skills is dull. The gameplay has become ‘flat’ over the years due to constant tweaking of classes doing all the same thing and now the cp system being ‘horizontal’ has made builds (real builds) a thing of the past. Most class damage comes from light attack weaving and spammables. That’s for every class. So what’s the difference between the classes? Very little.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No one is going to one hit anyone with my suggestion. If you crit say in Winter’s Revenge with the suggestion. You would do about 38k. But Surprise attacks and other spammable already can hit this on a standard build and even exceed it. Furthermore if you take PVP rules into account you must half this damage to 19k and then add crit resistance on top which cuts down even further an most builds this equates to around 30-50% which is about 9k at one percent chance. This is hardly threatening. Also, with all due respect, yes you kind of do have to do the math with any set suggestion or criticism in order for any critique to hold any real credibility. If others put in set suggestions and it peaks my interest I always get out my calculator and offer constructive feedback. Final point is that people don’t want sets that work like other sets, what’s the point? The whole point of an RPG is that players play ‘roles’. Having everyone do essentially the same thing outside of aesthetics on skills is dull. The gameplay has become ‘flat’ over the years due to constant tweaking of classes doing all the same thing and now the cp system being ‘horizontal’ has made builds (real builds) a thing of the past. Most class damage comes from light attack weaving and spammables. That’s for every class. So what’s the difference between the classes? Very little.

Before you were talking about ultimates with it. think what a 1% crit tick of icy rage/eye of ice going to do? rhetorical question. It doesn't matter. this set idea doesn't inspire any form of confidence in me, because it sounds like it will be literally awful 99% of the time and absurdly busted and skilless (only in pvp) 1% of the time when accounting for ticks. this is not a good design. in pve i can never see anyone running this set legitimately ever. sure, you can run it in overland, but you can run around naked in that content. This set serves no good purpose.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a matter of opinion. As far as icy rage is concerned I don’t think it’s too scary either it will still only hit for about 12k when all mitigation is taken into account. It’s really not as busted as it look. But it doesn’t really matter anyway I doubt ZoS would pay attention to such an idea. Spit balling new ideas is always good. Remember how we were discussing a Frostbite mechanic for a while? Well we got it. Not in the way we imagined but in the same flavour.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s a matter of opinion. As far as icy rage is concerned I don’t think it’s too scary either it will still only hit for about 12k when all mitigation is taken into account. It’s really not as busted as it look. But it doesn’t really matter anyway I doubt ZoS would pay attention to such an idea. Spit balling new ideas is always good. Remember how we were discussing a Frostbite mechanic for a while? Well we got it. Not in the way we imagined but in the same flavour.

i agree with spitballing new ideas, do you have any other ones?
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third morphs