Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mini Arkthzand Caverns in the Erstwhile Sanctuary

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I really love the Arkthzand Caverns part of Blackreach, and remember getting goosebumps when first seeing the library building. I think it's such a beautifully designed zone and I wanted to recreate my own mini version of it in the Erswhile Sanctuary, because the landscape is quite similar. I could have used some more slots, but I liked the end result, I tried to make it look like there were still excavation works going on, and hence unfinished. Here is a video tour, and some screenshots:

Video tour: https://youtu.be/s3TRWwQpMHo

Screenshots:
sgog46nsdo46.png
y359w0tc4gy5.png
mrl85wq388pj.png
42jxm85m2iok.png
b4e0bs03avg4.png
80mcr819721u.png
d5xpzn9pyck1.png
e342gbtci5m5.png
m4thphcf4ew3.png
w3hdtt31ganu.png
r0pjh0ubjewj.png
fvgzftm00jis.png
zvc386blq0qg.png
w82h8lswhmiy.png
lt4cbt7ymnw4.png
ds12w78z5lql.png
3if7cw9cul81.png
6bohaas2rrb6.png
ptqrrwyv3no1.png
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stunningly lovely! Now, I just need to pick up my daily quest and I'll be right down there do pick up dwemer parts, OK?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What a gorgeous transformation!!! I'm amazed by how you transformed the entirety of Erstwhile into a Dwemer cavern with those structures and appropriately-accessorized pathways! :star: A really immersive build, great job!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, I love Markarth architecture and what you have created in this housing space!

It makes me wish I’d bought the house when it was available but I never could have imagined doing anything like this!

Truly, ZOS should show builds like this to generate more interest in the houses when they go on sale. The sparsely decorated preview houses are so underwhelming.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Truly, ZOS should show builds like this to generate more interest in the houses when they go on sale. The sparsely decorated preview houses are so underwhelming.
    This is so true! Even if they can't do that for freshly released houses, they should totally do it for returning homes - there are so many creative builds out there, and most people won't ever see years-old house uploads or housing streams.

Doing a 'Erstwhile Sanctuary showcase' blog post with some player build videos would whet people's appetites for that months's returning house! It would probably be more interesting that posting the 'Daedric shrine' article that features screenshots from the game world with items that aren't even available in housing.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stunningly lovely! Now, I just need to pick up my daily quest and I'll be right down there do pick up dwemer parts, OK?

Haha, I hope you will find good loot! Thank you so much! :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    What a gorgeous transformation!!! I'm amazed by how you transformed the entirety of Erstwhile into a Dwemer cavern with those structures and appropriately-accessorized pathways! :star: A really immersive build, great job!

Thank you!!! When I thought of a house to build the caverns a while ago, the Sanctuary came to mind, but I didn't have it back then, so imagine my enthusiasm when they released recently! :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I love Markarth architecture and what you have created in this housing space!

It makes me wish I’d bought the house when it was available but I never could have imagined doing anything like this!

Thank you very much, and that's a great idea; I've seen some really transformative things players have done in houses, and it's always an inspiration of how a space can be used! :) I love the architecture in Markarth too, it was a lot of fun trying to recreate the atmosphere! I didn't have the house until they recently re-released it--I wish they made houses permanent additions to the store, so we could get them at any time.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jaimeh are you on PC? I’d love to visit but since you don’t list your platform I must assume so.

If so I cannot.
    :(
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaimeh are you on PC? I’d love to visit but since you don’t list your platform I must assume so.

If so I cannot.
    :(

@katanagirl1 Yes, I'm sorry it's on PC unfortunately :(:(
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is wonderful!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    This is wonderful!

Thank you! :):heart:
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really fantastic- looks like it is a real place in ESO.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really fantastic- looks like it is a real place in ESO.

Thank you very much! I tried to make it as similar as I could, so I'm really glad to hear this! :)