Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ruins of Sunnahame - restored! (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins)

chuck-18_ESO
chuck-18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been spending the last few weeks tearing down my custom built Ayleid ruin (viewable here:https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540336/my-ayleid-home-completely-redone#latest) and moving the features into Varlaisvea, and I'm finally ready to show off my work.

Sunnahame - an isolated Ayleid ruin restored by House Aelius to serve as a summer retreat from the tiresome political intrigues of the Heartland.

Player entryway - Guest Bedroom. (In the home's story, the tunnel the player uses is sealed off, making the home only accessible by sea.)
ulp6wrisyl63.png

btyfsfklf6k6.png
62qxahx3l3a8.png

Bridge leading to the docks, with a sea-gazing area.
y42zn6rs68bf.png
i5wpaqdxoxyx.png
A Markarth Tower and Font of Auriel serve as tantalizing structures in the distance
cd6hg50fnvde.png
dl7fscbm3z5p.png

6xojvi7yyp6p.png

Glowing coral cove.
s6rs5bxbut01.png
91m3fxmwgy58.png
syjubp132zbv.png

Main Entryway

gyq7pvvctfns.png
e59l6ek9gblr.png
fq413d9zpbu7.png

Hallway, alchemical garden, and fresh water fountain.
fxp16eli89db.png
n62pp4xmfjcx.png
67n5b27zut4m.png
f6962rtu6y1q.png
l2ld970pd2ds.png

Cooking & dining area.
432rd44fhtyh.png

Central chamber
rrow5dyvmhu6.png
69sfzm5xh2qg.png
op08e22o1stk.png

t43kfh39at15.png

Tomb of an unknown warrior
zv2eepipvab9.png
qd6o2wcbjufg.png

Library, repository, laboratory, and spellcrafting/enchantment altar.
88py4imge118.png

hmh0aeds86b5.png

bc1506mdsc5c.png

hw0o9nawdes1.png
2wtkb52f8e8l.png

1k01pf0kvrxq.png

Upper entryway - smoking area and outdoor bathing area
0v5sj7vn54w6.png
za1v1o8yqz4p.png
xbr4blzjse3t.png
80cvr36cef7b.png
gwpmgduclaeg.png
2nd9sxt69df7.png
8je6tpqwtxfg.png

Upper balcony and hallway to upper chamber
1pd3dtxcc1iy.png
7j6yvf56fl71.png
rfbaxfiltdws.png
kcbwva21vpyq.png
exiv0xi9h37u.png

dj5tcee9kz72.png

evpdjb5fd5gf.png

Upper chamber - private living quarters with library and office space
3jvqyoq0gkzp.png
w2ucjbrhrgvb.png
ad5y7cim0tz8.png
u05zm43po474.png
ot1hh23bbpod.png
5vb9k1nu0k3k.png
pagv0jkd5fzr.png
63s6qnxj25x1.png
4z7ss1gb5dvm.png

Rooftop - sacred pool, telescopes and observation stations, and a commanding view of the sea.
rha7mdhtbs5t.png
zk2k4xta2wuk.png
2iajadpzmud9.png
0rrz887q5a1t.png
s5f2d6umldzb.png
itsi8efzow0b.png
v4g1b2fehaxv.png
walycc3djash.png
o3mzbmnpboaz.png

The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Taris
    Taris
    ✭✭
    Looks great!
    I considered buying it but had not enough crowns at the time xD

Just wish it was less ruined or we had more ayleid furniture to repair it properly.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taris thanks! I had a few issues with the home, mainly wishing it was smaller and more subterranean. But I love the Ayleid theme, so I had to have it in the end. It's been a fun challenge to stretch the few Ayleid furnishings we have in creative ways.

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice! :smile: I like how you covered most of the pools to create a more sensible lived-in area!
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Nice! :smile: I like how you covered most of the pools to create a more sensible lived-in area!

Thanks! It definitely felt more sensible, and the Lightwell is the perfect centerpiece! It looks great, and explains the blue light coming from the covered crystal pool.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nicely done! You even added the bookshelf type niches with Welkynd stones on them!
    :)
    What did you use to cover up the way the floor angles downward towards the walls in the upper room? From the photos it looks like the floor is perfectly flat all the way across. Or, am I mistaken?

I wanted to add bookcases up there but it looked awful.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fantastic, I really like the lighting.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1 Thank you! It's just the angle of the photo, though. The bookcases definitely stick out a bit, but there was nothing much else to do with the odd space. You can see the floor slope more in this photo.
    0cjjh9m7nwif.png

• chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheImperfect Thank you!! I tried to keep it lore-appropriate and use as few fire sources as possible. Very pleased with how it came out :)

• Taris
    Taris
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 Thank you! It's just the angle of the photo, though. The bookcases definitely stick out a bit, but there was nothing much else to do with the odd space. You can see the floor slope more in this photo.
    0cjjh9m7nwif.png

Interesting. I didn't even realize the weird angle there :D
    @Taris thanks! I had a few issues with the home, mainly wishing it was smaller and more subterranean. But I love the Ayleid theme, so I had to have it in the end. It's been a fun challenge to stretch the few Ayleid furnishings we have in creative ways.

Agreed i wish it was smaller too but more detailed. But to be honest i wisch we had less subterranean ruins in this house xD

But still a very good job. Hope it will be available next year :)
    Edited by Taris on May 23, 2021 8:04AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    0cjjh9m7nwif.png

I might try to play around with trying to flatten that out, though it will cost slots and be hard to blend in well.

I really don’t understand why the floors are like that. I can’t recall the delves being that way.

If you back the bookcases up to the wall there is plenty of bookcase base to cover it for the tall ones, though it looks extremely odd, but the short ones end up floating in air at the back.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA