The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

XP Bonuses don't seem to add up

HawkFest
HawkFest
✭✭✭
Maybe that I'm not aware of some official specs in regards to XP bonuses and how they're applied, but from my stand point the system seems to be broken.

I have the ESO Plus bonus, and the current event XP bonus (The Return of The Explorer's Celebration), on top of 150% potion bonus. When I log in, I go as fast as I can to Craglorn, drink the potion and grind mobs around Spellscar. I'm then able to win between 50K to 75K+ XP during each "round" of gathering about 10-15-20 mobs. But after about 15 minutes, the bonus dramatically and inexplicably drops to top at about 20K XP points gain, averaging at 10-12K during each round. Is there a XP gain cap before one of the bonuses stops (the strongest bonus)? I can't see another explanation...
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get 400,000 XP of "enlightenment" per day. This basically means your first 100,000 XP of the day is quadrupled. After that, you get normal XP gains. This happens every day, whether you play or not, and has nothing to do with XP buffs like events or scrolls or ambrosia. It will also accumulate. If you play 24/7, it will be 400,000 enlightenment per day. If you skip playing for a day, you will come back to 800,000 enlightenment because you never burned through the 400,000 enlightenment on the day you took off.
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    You get 400,000 XP of "enlightenment" per day. This basically means your first 100,000 XP of the day is quadrupled. After that, you get normal XP gains. This happens every day, whether you play or not, and has nothing to do with XP buffs like events or scrolls or ambrosia. It will also accumulate. If you play 24/7, it will be 400,000 enlightenment per day. If you skip playing for a day, you will come back to 800,000 enlightenment because you never burned through the 400,000 enlightenment on the day you took off.

Oh so it gets useless for me to log every day in expectation of higher XP gains via XP buffs.. Now that's very good to know, thanks a lot! :)
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, the only thiing that an XP buff would do is to gain that plateau in a shorter time, then its standard buff will apply.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HawkFest wrote: »

Oh so it gets useless for me to log every day in expectation of higher XP gains via XP buffs.. Now that's very good to know, thanks a lot! :)

There is a cap on Enlightenment, but I think it is 12 days. And events that give double XP (like the current event) do not accumulate. If you miss out, you miss out. Getting double XP for your entire play session is generally better than quadruple XP for a limited time. Also, Enlightenment only applies to Champion Points. Scrolls and events and ambrosia and so on apply to everything, such as leveling sub-50 alts or leveling weapons and skills.
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭

There is a cap on Enlightenment, but I think it is 12 days. And events that give double XP (like the current event) do not accumulate. If you miss out, you miss out. Getting double XP for your entire play session is generally better than quadruple XP for a limited time. Also, Enlightenment only applies to Champion Points. Scrolls and events and ambrosia and so on apply to everything, such as leveling sub-50 alts or leveling weapons and skills.

Yeah I thought that it was solely time based (like 1 hour, not being aware of the enlightenment mechanic)... Does the current event really doubles XP gain for an entire session? Frankly it's the 1st time that I grind for XP in Craglorn (usually I go in Coldharbour), but gaining around 10K-12K over a 10-15 mob squad isn't very much. Anyways, after thinking about it it's a good mechanic I like it: it also means that one doesn't need to log every day in order to get that enlightenment buff since it's cumulative.
  • Plinto-Barliona
    Made the same experience with carafting dailies - Event double + 50% croll would max 7 cratf-dailies to 54,6k XP- but after cap 400.000 the XP broke down to 13.615 XP (single value, no scroll, no Event effect) - so Bonus only for 7 of my 12 Chars.

I hate this undocumented Features!

• twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, skipping days will accumulate the 400K daily enlightenment for up to 12 days total, but skipping days to accumulate the enlightenment means you miss out on writ crafting rewards for each day you skip.

Naturally, if you don't craft writs as part of your normal game play, that wont matter to you.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.