The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reflections in the mirrors needed

Lugaldu
Lugaldu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I can imagine that the implementation would not be easy, but please give us at least some form of reflection in the mirrors, even if it is just some blurred colors. It just feels weird when I look in the mirror and see absolutely nothing. Except for vampires, maybe.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't count on it. Making same, static fake reflection, even very blurred will be look wrong in many places - there are too many lighting conditions, colors and enviroments to make universal reflection. If we talking about real reflections, even simplified ones - it's nightmare to implement and would require manual work for every mirror in game.

Only realistic solution is just implementing of RTX and I hope that some day we will see it in game :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Vampire. I don't have a reflection.
    PCNA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I should let myself be turned into a vampire, then the missing reflection doesn't bother me anymore. :D
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add breaking mirror effects
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have but not mega priority. More see through windows for furnishing would be cool too with actual glass, possibly even some colored glass.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More see through windows for furnishing would be cool too with actual glass

Yes, this is also one of my wishes. I want to see from inside my outside area of the house. But probably thats the same difficult to implement.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mirrors in game are just crudely polished sheets of metal, not silvered glass.

It makes sense to me that there is not a reflection, because it would not be as easy to see as the mirrors to which we are accustomed. You would have to get very close and it would be a very faint, very blurred reflection.

Also, the computations involved in creating a reflection would be challenging for the game. So I can live with what we’ve got.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Vampire. I don't have a reflection.

If ESO vampires can walk in the sunlight then maybe they have a reflection as well.

But I think the best that can be done is a generic static blurry image of a character and then what is the purpose.