Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Billing Address Save Failed

Teloria
Teloria
✭✭
Ok obviously a bug. I have been playing this game since 2013 with the same address, billing address, which is the same as account address and bank address. Took a break in February and coming back. Cannot renew membership because of above error. I did submit a ticket. I also got rid of cache and cookies...still no difference? So, anyone else have this happen? I have done every trouble shooting mentioned on the support page and no difference. There is no reason this is happening. Please assist....Thanks
~it's all about the dragons~
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Teloria

If the steps in this article did not help then please go ahead and open up a support ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Teloria
    Teloria
    ✭✭
    I did everything in the article as mentioned in my post and I did submit a ticket. Wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue. I do want to mention, as I did in the support ticket, I have been playing since 2013 with the same address, bank account, etc. So this is frustrating.
    Edited by Teloria on May 15, 2021 9:05PM
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ope! Yep. I am having this issue as well. I tried taking the steps in that article and it has not helped. Also frustrated.
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here - been here since launch with the same address, etc..

First time this has happened to me as well.

@ZOS_Adrikoth, this looks like a problem on ZOS's end.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so I finally figured out the problem:

On the Enter\Save address page, the second box of the address for "Suite, Floor, Apartment#" on my address was empty because I have a street address. It's always been like this for the entire time I've had the account. I entered N/A in the box and the address saved and went through normally.

Note that there was no indication that the box was required unlike for the other fields. I suspect this was changed during the maintenance last week for some reason.

@ZOS_Adrikoth, you might want to pass this on to the website folks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone who has opened a ticket, you can post the ticket number here so we can help with checking on the current status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • ElegantlyDamaged
    ElegantlyDamaged
    Soul Shriven
    Ticket 210519-005925
  • ElegantlyDamaged
    ElegantlyDamaged
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to solve the problem by deleting the info in the second address line (APT etc) and adding it to the first address line. Never had to do that before though.
  • leo19k_ESO
    leo19k_ESO
    ✭✭
    Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue. I contacted my credit card company and they reported nothing wrong on their end. In fact, they reported two accepted payments to renew my subscription and yet my account page here states I am not an ESO Plus member, etc. Here is my ticket number: 210520-004523. Please advise, thanks!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @leo19k_ESO

Thanks for posting your ticket number. We've sent you a PM with an update on the ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Teloria
    Teloria
    ✭✭
    I was able to solve the problem by deleting the info in the second address line (APT etc) and adding it to the first address line. Never had to do that before though.

The system will not allow me to delete anything. It looks like it does and when I go to save it does the same thing with the previous information in it. It is like it is stuck or blocked somehow. I can't even get to the payment page since it won't allow me to save the billing address page. I have checked with my bank and all is well over there, the address is the same. I know one of the 'work arounds' is to change the Pkwy to Parkway, however, due to the fact that this is the official mailing code for Parkway, the bank address will not allow it and every time I try in the billing payment page, it reverts back to Pkwy. This has to be something on the server end...especially considering I cannot remove anything and save either. I cannot play the game as free to play...I have way way too much in the way of crafting items considering I have been playing since 2013.
  • Teloria
    Teloria
    ✭✭
    OK so I finally figured out the problem:

On the Enter\Save address page, the second box of the address for "Suite, Floor, Apartment#" on my address was empty because I have a street address. It's always been like this for the entire time I've had the account. I entered N/A in the box and the address saved and went through normally.

Note that there was no indication that the box was required unlike for the other fields. I suspect this was changed during the maintenance last week for some reason.

@ZOS_Adrikoth, you might want to pass this on to the website folks.

You are a genius!! A couple of tickets and no Bethesda support came up with that idea. They need to add this to their 'support page'. Kudos, my friend!