The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Could we please get a Transmutation station and Skill/Attribute re-spec shrines in Cyro/IC?

BlakMarket
BlakMarket
✭✭✭✭
I love testing builds, and we shouldn't need to port out just to change a skill/trait.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEEES this 10000%
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with Transmutation Shrines in Cyrodiil is that those still require paying for Clockwork City/ESO+ or a hefty crafting writ grind to obtain one for housing. Making one easily available for free to everyone in Cyrodiil probably isn't on ZOS' to-do list, if I had to guess.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with Transmutation Shrines in Cyrodiil is that those still require paying for Clockwork City/ESO+ or a hefty crafting writ grind to obtain one for housing. Making one easily available for free to everyone in Cyrodiil probably isn't on ZOS' to-do list, if I had to guess.

Good point, but I'd be happy just with repec shrines tbh, I guessing they would used far more often than the TM station.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, when I need to transmute or recreate an item I just go to my guildmaster's house.

You can make a transmute station for your own house without having access to CWC, and Honestly they should just make transmute stations part of the base game now that its a core feature.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing is that queues can be long already, it would be a little annoying to have to wait in queues while people theorycraft.

Maybe a house or furnishing with temporary cyro battle leveling or buffs that die if you leave the house? You could duel test much easier that way too.

• BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    dvonpm wrote: »
    The only thing is that queues can be long already, it would be a little annoying to have to wait in queues while people theorycraft.

Maybe a house or furnishing with temporary cyro battle leveling or buffs that die if you leave the house? You could duel test much easier that way too.

Theory craft? I just wanna morph a skill, or add a couple more points into health and get back to pvp'ing. How would that extend queues? Whats annoying is having to re-queue just because I forgot to morph something.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, when I need to transmute or recreate an item I just go to my guildmaster's house.

You can make a transmute station for your own house without having access to CWC, and Honestly they should just make transmute stations part of the base game now that its a core feature.

Yes you can get a station for housing. It takes a hefty crafting writs grind or paying crowns (or gold for crown gifts). I also have access through a guild which used donated writs for the hefty crafting writ grind.

But that's part of my original point. Putting a transmutation station in Cyrodiil means giving away free, easy access to everyone who owns the base game without even the minimum effort of guild members pitching in to get a station for 500 people. I understand why you think ZOS should make it freely available for everyone who owns the base game available, but I'll be surprised if they do.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    I love testing builds, and we shouldn't need to port out just to change a skill/trait.

No thanks, as Varanis above said, we also put in considerable effort to make one available to our guild members who don't own Clockwork City. Giving it away in Cyro would be yet another slap in the face to almost every guild. Not to mention, the anti-PVPers would be up in arms, because even traveling to the safe base seems to freak them out apparently, and they would then demand they be made available everywhere.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

No thanks, as Varanis above said, we also put in considerable effort to make one available to our guild members who don't own Clockwork City. Giving it away in Cyro would be yet another slap in the face to almost every guild. Not to mention, the anti-PVPers would be up in arms, because even traveling to the safe base seems to freak them out apparently, and they would then demand they be made available everywhere.

Considerable effort? 1-1.5 mil gold end game isn't much at all to purchases one. Mundas stones are a considerable effort tbh. "Slap in the face" ok, so the small minority of guild owners would be upset? But would overall improve the quality of life for many, many more players. lmao get over yourself.

While I appreciate guild halls and the effort GM's put in, you guys will be just fine. Finally, I understand your point regarding the paywall around TM stations, but hey, lets get the respect shrines, that would awesome.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Considerable effort? 1-1.5 mil gold end game isn't much at all to purchases one. Mundas stones are a considerable effort tbh. "Slap in the face" ok, so the small minority of guild owners would be upset? But would overall improve the quality of life for many, many more players. lmao get over yourself.

While I appreciate guild halls and the effort GM's put in, you guys will be just fine. Finally, I understand your point regarding the paywall around TM stations, but hey, lets get the respect shrines, that would awesome.

Yes considerable effort. Sure if you break a guild hall down piece by piece... its cheap. Try having 600+ crafting stations, all the mundus, vamp shrines, Aetherial well, target dummies, etc.,.. It is a considerable effort in both crowns and game gold. I think ours cost close to $1000 US and god only knows how much gold and writ grinding. And now all that effort should be sprinkled out for free to everyone... starting with the Transmute stations?

Not to mention, you can test almost everything required for PVP with 1 friend in a guild hall, maybe 2 friends. We do it all the time... so still a no thanks.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes considerable effort. Sure if you break a guild hall down piece by piece... its cheap. Try having 600+ crafting stations, all the mundus, vamp shrines, Aetherial well, target dummies, etc.,.. It is a considerable effort in both crowns and game gold. I think ours cost close to $1000 US and god only knows how much gold and writ grinding. And now all that effort should be sprinkled out for free to everyone... starting with the Transmute stations?

Not to mention, you can test almost everything required for PVP with 1 friend in a guild hall, maybe 2 friends. We do it all the time... so still a no thanks.

EDIT: I also tend to see this request as a thinly veiled attempt to make it so some folks could quickly tweak their builds on the fly in order to better counter whomever they are coming up against that day, without having to deal with another 2 hour queue. Which IMHO is 1000% more likely than someone actually using them for testing stuff in Cyro.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

EDIT: I also tend to see this request as a thinly veiled attempt to make it so some folks could quickly tweak their builds on the fly in order to better counter whomever they are coming up against that day, without having to deal with another 2 hour queue. Which IMHO is 1000% more likely than someone actually using them for testing stuff in Cyro.

Firstly - forget the TM stations. But seriously, you thinking your guild hall would be less frequented/appreciated because of a TM station in Cyro is actually ridiculous. Think about it.

Secondly - When does Cyro ever have a 2 hour queue, beside mid-year mayhem? You have been over dramatic, this whole conversation. I run in group sometimes, so I morph "Vigor" to "Echoing Vigor", it would be nice if I didn't have to go to Deeshan to morph it back when I run solo, and not have to queue for 30mins/1hr when prime-time.

Finally - forget the TM station, simple because of the paywall. Respec shines would be awesome. @Kwoung You being against a simple "QOL" improvement in Cyro/IC, has left me perplexed. 99.9% of players would appreciate respec shrines, the other .1% being you.
    Edited by BlakMarket on May 2, 2021 9:19PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Firstly - forget the TM stations. But seriously, you thinking your guild hall would be less frequented/appreciated because of a TM station in Cyro is actually ridiculous. Think about it.

Secondly - When does Cyro ever have a 2 hour queue, beside mid-year mayhem? You have been over dramatic, this whole conversation. I run in group sometimes, so I morph "Vigor" to "Echoing Vigor", it would be nice if I didn't have to go to Deeshan to morph it back when I run solo, and not have to queue for 30mins/1hr when prime-time.

Finally - forget the TM station, simple because of the paywall. Respec shines would be awesome. @Kwoung You being against a simple "QOL" improvement in Cyro/IC, has left me perplexed. 99.9% of players would appreciate respec shrines, the other .1% being you.

I have literally been in queue for 1.5 hours right now... and am only #19 and it isn't moving.

As for QOL in Cryro, I would much rather see the queue fixed, getting kicked to overland after you do manage to get in... and well the lag in general.

Edit:
    Arrrggg...!!!! Queue got stuck at #19 after 1.5 hours, now I am #89 in queue again!
    Edited by Kwoung on May 3, 2021 1:58AM
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

I have literally been in queue for 1.5 hours right now... and am only #19 and it isn't moving.

As for QOL in Cryro, I would much rather see the queue fixed, getting kicked to overland after you do manage to get in... and well the lag in general.

Edit:
    Arrrggg...!!!! Queue got stuck at #19 after 1.5 hours, now I am #89 in queue again!

I'd love for the performance/lag/bugs to be fixed also, but in the meantime some respec shrines wold be nice.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I don't care about the transmute stations as much but the attribute and skill shrines would be a major quality of life change. It's so annoying to have to leave Cyrodiil and come back when you need to rearrange group comp after a healer or something leaves.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    dvonpm wrote: »

Theory craft? I just wanna morph a skill, or add a couple more points into health and get back to pvp'ing. How would that extend queues? Whats annoying is having to re-queue just because I forgot to morph something.

Yep. Me too. I just did it the other day and had to sit through a 45 minute queue to get back in. Annoying for sure.

The OP specifically said build testing, so I was responding to that.

Maybe if we had both options tho 🤓
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

Tbf it was considerable effort. I did the approximately 4 million writs to get one for my guild to make sure it wasn't an expense for the guild.

But I'd still like one in Cyrodiil. Even after all my pain and annoyance and expense, I'd rather see future annoyance curbed for all of us.

Besides, for PC there's a hotkey addon for your guild house, or any house. I'm not going to Cyrodiil to transmute when I can hit 1 key and fly to the one full of my blood sweat and tears and maybe some pee.

I realize this is not the same for console, but I have nothing for those poor *** ;)

They could even do a transmute scroll that you have to make at a transmute station but can use anywhere. Literally anything would be better than re-queuing.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My theory has always been that they want you to leave Cyrodiil because during high queue it could make someone leave thereby letting someone else in.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I hope that transmutaion station and shrines never enter Cyrodiil, as that would make the "outside" world even less necessary to visit now and then. Also, I might be influenced by the fact that I paid quite handsomely for my own station :#
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spearpoint wrote: »
    Honestly I hope that transmutaion station and shrines never enter Cyrodiil, as that would make the "outside" world even less necessary to visit now and then. Also, I might be influenced by the fact that I paid quite handsomely for my own station :#

I don't get it. Nobody is stopping you from using your own transmute station. The outside world is plenty necessary. I need to partake and farm the OP gear they sell every DLC. I further need to engage in dungeons, overland skyshards, fighter's guild, and all this PvE stuff to level up just so I can go and PvP. If I want mats and money, I need to PvE and farm because PvP rewards still thinks it's 2015.

How about making Cyrodiil a little more necessary for ESO in general considering it's the red headed step-child? There isn;t even a full time PvP developer. There isn;t any reason for a PvP player to buy the upcoming chapter. The outside world is already far too relevant and takes up 99.5% of ZOS resources and developer time.

As far as the worry of changing builds, Yes, I want to change my build on the fly because PvP is all about countering things. I can change my gear. I can slot different skills. I can change my CP. I can even change my race! Now all of a sudden it's a big problem if I forget to remorph a skill because I ran a dungeon the other night? Give me a break.

As for transmuting being paid content, maybe if all those dollars and Euros sent ZOS's way had any discernible impact on improving performance or even hiring a PvP developer to do things like update stuff that hasn't been touched since Barack Obama was President, then I might consider the fact that a person might port to cyrodiil to transmute something and - *Gasp* - perhaps hang around and give it a try instead of porting to their friend's house some sort of financial barrier ZOS couldn't handle. As far as I am concerned with all the broken promises about Cyrodiil, the least ZOS can do is throw us a bone to make our experience slightly more convenient.
    Edited by Joy_Division on May 17, 2021 6:17AM
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I have been wondering why there hasn't been one in cyro for years.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY IS THIS NOT A THING
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have an Automaton bar entry to the "Clockwork Transmute Outpost" if you don't have the DLC for transmutation. They may even sell more Clocwork DLCs or gain an ESO+ incentive if the alternative is to leave the campaign and go to a house.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    yes i would like this too, also can we do writs in cyrodil?
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    and can we view the guild traders/guild bank
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »
    and can we view the guild traders/guild bank

You can in IC in the base. Why that's not in Cyro ... I have no idea.