The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time for New cyrodil?

fastolfv_ESO
fastolfv_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Lets be honest here cyros map is complete garbage, you have one alliance with half its keeps in craters and back keeps with flat football fields on each side to hit 20 siege without trying while another has floating rocks blocking siege both outside and inside. Zos needs to take a single content update and recreate the map, make each keep further back have more defenses/superior/more guards so the underdog can fight being gated a little easier, make your most important keep a real fortress so taking scrolls is an actual accomplishment requiring coordination. New Frontiers in DAOC at the time revitalized pvp and let the creators create the vision they had intended to make when the game was in developement but the engine prevented, theres no reason zos cant do this and actually fix some pretty big mistakes they made when making a zone intended for pvp. Hell maybe even cut the map to a few pieces and each campaign rotates to a different map to fight over a different region within cyro with the same rules still in place so when pve content is released another cyro map comes out and we actually get something to enjoy aswell. Either way wondering how people think about a change of scenery and a little more balance in the cyro map
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose if they wanted to make a new map entirely, they could put it in Akavir.

Akavir has no real maps made of it yet, and Its a full sized continent, so who is to say there isnt some almost flat, triangular valley of a similar size to Cyrodiil just waiting to be fought over. This way we can have a balanced map where topography has little to no effect on the faction's performance.

Personally my big ask for a new AvAvA type map would be moving away from the idea that the players are soldiers in an army with relatively set loyalty, and have us be mercenaries who can change their allegiance whenever we like or at the end of a campaign like the faction locked servers do without having to reroll a character.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outpost placement near EP home keeps makes it a constant battle to keep out invaders. No other alliance has so many access points within 30 seconds or less of riding.

DC seems easiest to defend, for me.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr