Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you meet people?

LettuceBrain
LettuceBrain
✭✭✭
I've been struggling to find people to play this game with. I have no friends who play the game and I haven't actually spoken to anyone in my guild once. In pugs no one communicates. I'm a relatively new player on Xbox NA.
they/them/theirs
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried talking to your guild? Do they talk to each other, and if so could you join in? If not then it might be a good idea to find a different guild.

That's been my main way of meeting people in this game, I join a guild and join in when someone asks for people to do dungeons, ask them to help when I'm doing something I can't do solo, join in when there's a conversation going in guild chat and over time you get to know people.

It helps that my guild has Discord too, so we can have on-going conversations on different topics in the different text channels, or silly things like sharing funny pictures of animals we've found online.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    I think there has been one time when I was online that my guild had people in one of the voice chats. I did plan on looking for a new guild so hopefully that will help. If my current one has a discord, I don't know about it.
    they/them/theirs
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try text chat with your guild if they aren't on voice all the time. I use a bluetooth keyboard with my PS5 to make it easy, I assume you can do similar on xbox. We also have an active facebook page where we organise events
    Soupy twist
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running public dungeons you sometimes catch someone at the entrance at the same time as you and end up impromptu following each other to make it easier. Ask the person to join your group rather than just follow each other and open a voice chat if you're comfortable. It's a good way to meet someone and I have made a few friends on Xbox that way.

Guilds are good but I would go for a social guild rather than a trading guild. If you're just looking for people to play with don't join a guild that wants you to pay them every week or some b.s. Loreseekers has an Xbox guild with an active Discord.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Have you tried talking to your guild? Do they talk to each other, and if so could you join in? If not then it might be a good idea to find a different guild.

Of course he tried that -- as we all have.

Guilds oftentimes simply do not use their available guild chat channels.

:neutral:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just quest and people send me friend requests, it's happened twice this week. Newbies be super friendly these days. But my brother got me in a large friendly guild that he found using the guild finder. The more guilds you're in the more chances you have to meet people. If you were to join 5 casual guilds (assuming you want casual) I'd be surprised if you didn't make some friends. I guess it might be harder on console though because people don't want to type. Guilds with discord might be your best chance. Discord channels are often posted in the guilds MOTD/front page.
    PC | EU