Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagPlar Healer Build

Malpheus_Prime
Malpheus_Prime
✭✭✭
I can't ever follow someone else's build, haven't been able to at least so far. This my magplar pvp healer, thoughts?

Medusa 5 Piece - Body - impenetrable/mana enchants
Slimecraw Monster Set - impetrable/mana enchants
Spell Power Cure - Weapons/Jewelry - sharpened/arcane - mana enchants

I have my main bar setup as support/heal, i'm great in a group lol with combat prayer/vigor/SPC
Second bar is setup as DD, with jabs on X (there is other stuff too but yeah)

Mostly purple stuff, working on golds.

I've been carrying this fella around for about 200 cp of growth, and he's holding it down in battlegrounds/non-cp ravenwatch and even vet dungeons...

Did I find a good build or am I just now figuring out at 665 cp how not to die and can get alot better for a healer pvp build?
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would move spc to back bar (healing staff) and drop medusa and slimecrawl for something tankier and sustain.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use spc + ev + earthgore on mine. Will have to swap ev out next patch
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will never wear spc in pvp. Ever.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Why? It is super easy to have up on templar almost all the time, and it buffs your teammates.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? It is super easy to have up on templar almost all the time, and it buffs your teammates.

Can confirm. I can get a ridiculously high uptime on it
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spc is the best set in pvp for a temp healer to wear
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    Chose medusa because of the heavy armor + magic, for some reason it's felt right.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's a paltry buff that is only usefull in low effort ball groups and has very little use in small scale pvp endeavors where the burden of performance is equally shares among all group members.

Application reliability has nothing to do with it.
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    I've only gotten excited about it if I'm in some huge 10+ player keep entrance. I want to think, even religiously without proof, that it's great lol.

As a healer, what buff would you suggest provides better value to the group, or something like Jorvulds?
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a paltry buff that is only usefull in low effort ball groups and has very little use in small scale pvp endeavors where the burden of performance is equally shares among all group members.

Spc gives more wep and spell damage than new moon. Basically giving your teammates the equivalent of an extra offensive set on top of whatever they're running.

It's so braindead easy to keep up on magplar with extended ritual

It's buffing you as well so it's not like you're getting nothing out of it. Yeah you could run something like curse eater instead, it's super good, but don't sleep on spc.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's so good it's not that bad on a solo spec.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As others have said, it adds new moon levels to teammates. It is a very good set.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Spc gives more wep and spell damage than new moon. Basically giving your teammates the equivalent of an extra offensive set on top of whatever they're running.

It's buffing you as well so it's not like you're getting nothing out of it. Yeah you could run something like curse eater instead, it's super good, but don't sleep on spc.

As others have said, it adds new moon levels to teammates. It is a very good set.

I fully realize its use case. But I consider it less important than mitigation and healing throughout in pvp endgaments against well rounded players that know how to focus targets and pressure healers super hard.

When strolling around in cyrodil blasting away st castle walls or in a large group setting up coordinated ult dumps on ball groups, then sure, but those are two types of activites that I place zero stock into personally when it comes to pvping on a healer.
    Edited by exeeter702 on May 18, 2021 12:20AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I fully realize its use case. But I consider it less important than mitigation and healing throughout in pvp endgaments against well rounded players that know how to focus targets and pressure healers super hard.

When strolling around in cyrodil blasting away st castle walls or in a large group setting up coordinated ult dumps on ball groups, then sure, but those are two types of activites that I place zero stock into personally when it comes to pvping on a healer.

I use it on high mmr bgs on my healer/dps magplar. I love it. Agree to disagree :)