The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ready for June

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm so ready for All sets to be turned on again, I swear it has been so boring without using every set in Pvp, it was nice the first two weeks! But pvp has literally been dry on PC NA with the exception of grayhost. The population just constantly decreases what's really going on!?
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 14, 2021 1:15PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You say that now.....-looks at patch notes then starts evil laughter into a dark corner-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you can hit their stat caps, the damage the sets will do are significantly diminished values.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you can hit their stat caps, the damage the sets will do are significantly diminished values.

The point OP is making isn't flat stats or damage necessarily, but build diversity and *gasp* fun...
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don’t hasten these next two weeks of my life away.

I’m going to need them.

Good luck with super focused proc build though.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The people that don't like it can be in no-proc where the game is balanced for three classes to dunk on the other three unless you expend a godly amount of effort to overcome the artificial wall in no-proc. There certainly isn't anything you can do with math to close the gap...
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    I'm so ready for All sets to be turned on again, I swear it has been so boring without using every set in Pvp, it was nice the first two weeks! But pvp has literally been dry on PC NA with the exception of grayhost. The population just constantly decreases what's really going on!?

Ravenwatch pc na is pop lock most weeknights and every weekend
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭

Yeah i was gonna say the same thing
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    You say that now.....-looks at patch notes then starts evil laughter into a dark corner-

Not at all. I don't mind what's coming, because it will only last for awhile, and then we will get another sweeping change.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Facts
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

The point OP is making isn't flat stats or damage necessarily, but build diversity and *gasp* fun...

This is also facts, it's honestly boring.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don’t hasten these next two weeks of my life away.

I’m going to need them.

Good luck with super focused proc build though.

I'm ready for all of it.
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for update 31 when they enable no proc pvp campaigns, bgs and ic as per the outpouring support the community had for no proc. :)
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Build diversity, right. So when everyone runs the same proc sets anyway, that's diversity.
    Edited by FangOfTheTwoMoons on May 16, 2021 3:40PM
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭

Build diversity right. So when everyone runs the same proc sets anyway that's diversity.

"This is boring, we want diversity!" *Put on Crimson, malacath and whatever has the highest Xv1 potato-damage*. People who say that this patch is "boring" cant kill or survive without procs. Period.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know they have been slowing lowering the population caps in Cyro over time. Pop-locked doesn't mean pvp is popular in any more; it just means you can't play.
    Edited by katorga on May 16, 2021 3:58PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Build diversity right. So when everyone runs the same proc sets anyway that's diversity.

"This is boring, we want diversity!" *Put on Crimson, malacath and whatever has the highest Xv1 potato-damage*. People who say that this patch is "boring" cant kill or survive without procs. Period.

I don't agree with that at all. No sets made my mag sorc S-Tier.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

You know they have been slowing lowering the population caps in Cyro over time. Pop-locked doesn't mean pvp is popular in any more; it just means you can't play.

Can I have a link to an official announcement of this please?
  • Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭
    The population just constantly decreases what's really going on!?

I guess they figured out that PVP'ing using their own skill instead of their gear's was harder than they thought.

People complain about build diversity one minute and then balance the next not realising that it's actually really hard to balance 1,000,001 different builds.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Most" and I may check it out during the weekend, but from what I have seen It
    Can't wait for update 31 when they enable no proc pvp campaigns, bgs and ic as per the outpouring support the community had for no proc. :)

Good glad there will be two different ways to play
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah It's always nice to THINK people can't kill without procs but that is just so far from the truth.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah It's always nice to THINK people can't kill without procs but that is just so far from the truth.

The "skill" of players definitely decreased during the no proc. You see significantly more "bad" players during this time. If you haven't noticed, I might have bad news for you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone got nerfed and no one can kill anymore, but youd be lying to yourself if you think theres people out there that weren't nerfed by the removal of their procs.
    Edited by FangOfTheTwoMoons on May 17, 2021 4:50AM
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭

"Most" and I may check it out during the weekend, but from what I have seen It

Good glad there will be two different ways to play

I'm glad as well. Tbh I'd love if they added stat based procs back like seventh legion (rip) for example, but if losing sets like that means I can avoid proc cheese I'm all for it. Different strokes for different folks.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I might the contrarian here, but I used a stat-build and still found it fun to fight against players stacking procs on me. It was satisfying to beat them every time.

The only thing I didn't like were the necros and wardens, vampire and werewolves with crimsons, etc. - however, they have their other "cheese" in no-proc: just stacking 5-7k hp recovery, which accomplishes the same exact scenario.

Stack hp recovery, stall, scream for a team or 50 players on mic to run one person over while that person cannot kill you even if they are stacking all damage stats with zero defense. Rinse, repeat - it's sad and only goes to show you that proc sets aren't the only problem with balance in the game.

Cutting procs out don't matter much if the classes themselves aren't balanced. In fact, in some situations, the balance is worse relative to the proc environment depending on your class and build.

It's possible for players, even players that weren't wearing crimson and malacath or other cheese, to still not like the no-proc Cyrodiil environment because it DOES close build options that weren't OP, but may have been needed to cover holes in the class from balancing decisions that have left the original 4 classes behind 2 classes in almost every sense.
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with No Proc Cyro right now is the fact that it has exposed that certain classes are just better than others. Namely the warden and Necro. Without procs to crutch on, Warden and Necro just have the best kits and best ability to stack stats. It has become oppressive. Adding procs back in won’t fix everything but it at least allows some of the base classes to fill the holes in their kit. Go out to cyro and you will hardly see any MagDK’s or Magplars. Those classes are just obsolete in the presence on Warden, Necro and to varying degrees, Sorc. If anything I think this no proc environment exposed what we already knew. Warden and Necro either need nerfed or other classes kits need buffed and reworked in order to compete. The class I think that got hurt the most by no proc is the DK. I think it showed that DK needs some serious adjustments. Inhale and Stonefist I think could be reworked a bit.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/142667/cyrodiil-performance-population-cap-adjustments

Was supposed to be capped at 2000 at release, per interviews with Firor. Not sure what it is now.

• FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/142667/cyrodiil-performance-population-cap-adjustments

Was supposed to be capped at 2000 at release, per interviews with Firor. Not sure what it is now.

So theres evidence they did it once. In 2014.

Is there any other official statement they did it again?
  • INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭

The "skill" of players definitely decreased during the no proc. You see significantly more "bad" players during this time. If you haven't noticed, I might have bad news for you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone got nerfed and no one can kill anymore, but youd be lying to yourself if you think theres people out there that weren't nerfed by the removal of their procs.

...I'm going to be honest: I've never been more successful.
    With one patch I became almost unkillable and I feel like I'm constantly surrounded by potatoes.

Even with procs, I only ever used proc stat sets. Guess it was good training for our current Cyrodiil environment.

Going to miss being a monster after this new patch. Lol

...and this is on a Stam DK. Smh.
    Edited by INe_Saninus on May 22, 2021 2:14PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So theres evidence they did it once. In 2014.

Is there any other official statement they did it again?

ZOS refuses to talk about it now.