Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are there no Provisioning Surveys?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Where would they lead to you ask? Abandoned carts, boats by the riverside, broken down trade caravans, cargo ships run aground, wagons often surrounded by goblins to name a few good places to add them.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Survey places shouldn't have mobs autospawn around them for really obvious reasons.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where would they lead to you ask? Abandoned carts, boats by the riverside, broken down trade caravans, cargo ships run aground, wagons often surrounded by goblins to name a few good places to add them.

I would say, not surveys but treasure maps, leading to some hidden refrigerator ;)
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not that necessary. If you have your hireling, then you get provisioning items in fairly large quantities compared to, for example, style materials from the other hirelings.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the time your character gets around to digging up the hidden cache of cheese and potatoes ...
    PC NA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    By the time your character gets around to digging up the hidden cache of cheese and potatoes ...

You tell that to the French about their "aged" cheese!
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Maybe not that necessary. If you have your hireling, then you get provisioning items in fairly large quantities compared to, for example, style materials from the other hirelings.

This.

Also delves etc containers usually contain a fair amount of those mats as well as other stuff like decorative wax and the 0-value junk weapons/armour.

It does strike me as odd that there seems to be a cooldown on these mundane containers, though; run a few delves back-to-back for skyshards, for example, and containers only have stuff every second delve.

I wouldn't be against a survey map, though; can't ever have too many mats. :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between Hirelings and Writ Reward Containers, Provisioning is a Net Gain in Mats. Throw in the ease of Farming these materials, another source is not really needed.

I have mid 4 figures of every single Mat for Provisioning, and I barely farm for the stuff.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can also farm the Hollow City for provisioning mats. Takes a little time if you hit every building, but they're easily accessible. I used to do that until I realized I had way more provisioning mats than I'd ever need. This was before crafting writs.

The Hollow City is also a good place to build up the base game racial trait stones, if you have need of those. You can buy them for 15g each at vendors, but free is better.