The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elemental force physical?

Ryuvain
Ryuvain
✭✭✭✭✭
Does the destro staff passive elemental force increase the chances for physical attacks status effects as well? Say stam blastbones or caltrops?
That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.

Best Answer

• Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it does. Open ingame help and type elemental effects. Any damage type except oblivion is elemental
    Edited by Andre_Noir on May 12, 2021 11:44AM
    Answer ✓
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Elemental Force - "Increases your chance to apply elemental status effects by 100%"

So only Burning, concussion, chilled and the new magic damage status effect are affected.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Elemental Force - "Increases your chance to apply elemental status effects by 100%"

So only Burning, concussion, chilled and the new magic damage status effect are affected.

Just read somewhere that elemental effects include physical for some reason. I wouldn't know how to test it. There's no number shown in stats for such.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    No.

Just read somewhere that elemental effects include physical for some reason. I wouldn't know how to test it. There's no number shown in stats for such.

But in combat metrics you can see for how many times each of status was applied, so just run few tests on dummies and you should see if sundered had as many hits as for example burning.
    Edited by Ippokrates on May 13, 2021 6:41AM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    No.

But in combat metrics you can see for how many times each of status was applied, so just run few tests on dummies and you should see if sundered had as many hits as for example burning.

Did not know CM kept a number. Could test it next time I play.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update if anyone was curious. From my testing it seems that destro elemental passive DOES increase physical, poison, bleed, and disease debuff chances as well.

Used physical and magical single target dots on a dummy while holding destro staff for several parses and they seemed to have about the same chance of occuring.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update if anyone was curious. From my testing it seems that destro elemental passive DOES increase physical, poison, bleed, and disease debuff chances as well.

Used physical and magical single target dots on a dummy while holding destro staff for several parses and they seemed to have about the same chance of occuring.

Just use charged trait on mainbar. The trick is destro allow magicka users with charged trait maintain status effects almost constant on a single target. I expect a must-have build for dd/supports with force pulse + mainbared ice staff + catalyst set in a next patch since it will be +25% total crit damage on a target for entire group.

But stamina also can use it - even poisons with damage affected by that trait.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk if this helps with what you're trying to do, but I find it interesting.

Base Status Effect Chance:
    • Enchant = 20%
    • Single Target Direct = 10%
    • AOE Direct = 5%
    • Single Target DOT = 3%
    • AOE DOT = 1%
    Weapon Light/Heavy attacks have a 0% chance to proc status effects, but can still have flame, frost, shock, physical or magical damage for those damage specific modifiers like the Automaton set.

Status effect chance modifiers are all additive, not multiplicative. So +100% with an enchant of 20% is 40%. +220% on 20% is 64%, etc.

Destruction Staff = +100%
    CP = +60%
    Charged = +220% (110% for 1H weapons)
    The new Heartland Conqueror set would doulbe charged from +220% to +440%.

Total without the set is = +380%
    With set is = +600% (insane)

Withouth the set, a Flame Enchant would have a +96% chance to proc burning. Force Pulse would have a 48% chance to proc burning, concussed and/or chilled every cast, each tick of damage has a base chance of 10%.

Keep in mind, almost every status effect lasts 4 seconds whether debuff, dot or both, only exception is poisoned that lasts 6 seconds as a dot.

So depending on what you're aiming for, some of the bonuses could be wasted like charged or a Destro staff or the new set. A place where it's still advantagous is for a Dragonknight aiming to proc Poisoned/Burning for the 500 stamina/magicka return since there is no cooldown on that passive at all.

Another idea I just had is the fact that the dots of status effects tick every 2s, with what I'm assuming is a first tick on the application of the effect at 0s, eg.. 0, 2, 4 for burning. Worth testing, because if this is true, that means applying an effect like burning or poisoned constantly, can give you free ticks of damage everytime the dot refreshes, instead of just waiting every 2s for the next tick to fire. With the other direct damage effects, you obviously get a small boost every time it fires, but it's so small it's not worth relying on really.

Status Effects:

Martial (Should be based on physical stats like Max Stam, Weapon Damage, Weapon Crit, Physical Pen):

Poison = Poisoned = Medium dot damage for 6s.
    Disease = Diseased = Low direct damage + Minor Defile(-8% healing received/hp regen) for 4s.
    Bleed = Hemorphaging = Low dot damage for 4s + Minor Mangle(-10% max hp) for 4s.
    Physical = Sundered = Low direct damage + Minor Breach(-2974 spell/physical resist) for 4s.

Magical (Should be based on physical stats like Max Mag, Spell Damage, Spell Crit, Spell Pen):

Flame = Burning = High dot damage for 4s.
    Frost = Chilled = Low direct damage + Minor Maim(-5% damage done) for 4s.
    Shock = Concussed = Low direct damage + Minor Vulnerability(+5% damage taken) for 4s.
    Magic = Overcharged = Low direct damage + Minor Magickasteal(168 magicka return per hit, 1 second cooldown) for 4s.

How the status effect damage is calculated may have changed from specific, to dynamic highest stats like weapon weaving, I'm not sure if it was changed to this day, can't remember a patch where it was stated as such.. so feel free to test that.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 16, 2021 12:08AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why Light Attacks are singled out for exemption?

In a game that has so much of its combat mechanics riding on weaving it seems like an odd exclusion.

Why not treat them as single-target abilities at the 10% chance?
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why Light Attacks are singled out for exemption?

In a game that has so much of its combat mechanics riding on weaving it seems like an odd exclusion.

Why not treat them as single-target abilities at the 10% chance?

Probably because of servers ;) imagine that on top of weapon enchants every few seconds, you will adds hundreds & thousands additional chances for status effects from LA in every combat ;)
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if this helps with what you're trying to do, but I find it interesting.

Base Status Effect Chance:
    • Enchant = 20%
    • Single Target Direct = 10%
    • AOE Direct = 5%
    • Single Target DOT = 3%
    • AOE DOT = 1%
    Weapon Light/Heavy attacks have a 0% chance to proc status effects, but can still have flame, frost, shock, physical or magical damage for those damage specific modifiers like the Automaton set.

Status effect chance modifiers are all additive, not multiplicative. So +100% with an enchant of 20% is 40%. +220% on 20% is 64%, etc.

Destruction Staff = +100%
    CP = +60%
    Charged = +220% (110% for 1H weapons)
    The new Heartland Conqueror set would doulbe charged from +220% to +440%.

Total without the set is = +380%
    With set is = +600% (insane)

Withouth the set, a Flame Enchant would have a +96% chance to proc burning. Force Pulse would have a 48% chance to proc burning, concussed and/or chilled every cast, each tick of damage has a base chance of 10%.

Keep in mind, almost every status effect lasts 4 seconds whether debuff, dot or both, only exception is poisoned that lasts 6 seconds as a dot.

So depending on what you're aiming for, some of the bonuses could be wasted like charged or a Destro staff or the new set. A place where it's still advantagous is for a Dragonknight aiming to proc Poisoned/Burning for the 500 stamina/magicka return since there is no cooldown on that passive at all.

Another idea I just had is the fact that the dots of status effects tick every 2s, with what I'm assuming is a first tick on the application of the effect at 0s, eg.. 0, 2, 4 for burning. Worth testing, because if this is true, that means applying an effect like burning or poisoned constantly, can give you free ticks of damage everytime the dot refreshes, instead of just waiting every 2s for the next tick to fire. With the other direct damage effects, you obviously get a small boost every time it fires, but it's so small it's not worth relying on really.

Status Effects:

Martial (Should be based on physical stats like Max Stam, Weapon Damage, Weapon Crit, Physical Pen):

Poison = Poisoned = Medium dot damage for 6s.
    Disease = Diseased = Low direct damage + Minor Defile(-8% healing received/hp regen) for 4s.
    Bleed = Hemorphaging = Low dot damage for 4s + Minor Mangle(-10% max hp) for 4s.
    Physical = Sundered = Low direct damage + Minor Breach(-2974 spell/physical resist) for 4s.

Magical (Should be based on physical stats like Max Mag, Spell Damage, Spell Crit, Spell Pen):

Flame = Burning = High dot damage for 4s.
    Frost = Chilled = Low direct damage + Minor Maim(-5% damage done) for 4s.
    Shock = Concussed = Low direct damage + Minor Vulnerability(+5% damage taken) for 4s.
    Magic = Overcharged = Low direct damage + Minor Magickasteal(168 magicka return per hit, 1 second cooldown) for 4s.

How the status effect damage is calculated may have changed from specific, to dynamic highest stats like weapon weaving, I'm not sure if it was changed to this day, can't remember a patch where it was stated as such.. so feel free to test that.

Impressive information. Been looking for specifics for a while. This one thanks you.