Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best gamemode in Battlegrounds

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
Vote for your favorite mode. Simple as that.
Feel free to post why that mode. Just curious overall preference for people.
I'd say best mode is Deathmatch, least favorite mode easily is Capture the Relic.

Best gamemode in Battlegrounds 89 votes

Deathmatch
62%
sabresandiego_ESOMurderMostFoulHastemstybbe17b16_ESOBashevMojomonkeymanFriedEggSandwichKelWaffennachtBrrrofskihexnoticMipMipquickblade418GrigorijMalahevichbubbyginkfakingfocusedhussein7861meekmikoGagginClawOfTheTwoMoons 56 votes
Domination
11%
lolo_01b16_ESOsix2fallPeacatcherSjuPOPSadopalisfboursAraneae6537RaharDraevikLettuceBrain 10 votes
Capture the Relic
4%
BeardimusFhritzKhajiitLivesMatterCooloutAC 4 votes
Chaosball
11%
DerAlleinTigerJack_HandeyXarcZer0_CooLGrimlok_SSpurius_Luciliusxylena_lazarownukk3rthe1andonlyskwexFreeMaN_A 10 votes
Crazy King
10%
RedTalonhondelinkmmtaniacIcy_NelyanXargas13KingKayantotonyblackhiziumalberichtano 9 votes
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I would say Deathmatch and second Domination.The other game modes are not well balanced.
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    I like the concept of death match, I just don't like how it usually goes at higher MMR.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all bad, because the 3 team format renders them a boring, low skilled, poorly designed, dysfunctional, uncompetitve joke. (even by the low standards of MMORPGs)
  • KingKayanto
    KingKayanto
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy King
    I like them all except chaosball. After chaosball, least favourite is Deathmatch. The rest are OK and I really enjoy Crazy King.

Deathmatch is a little complicated, when you get lucky and all teams are of similar skill, it's the best mode. BUT that happens very rarely. The usual deathmatch will have one team at 400 points before the second one even breaks 100. And honestly that's a problem. I played A LOT in 2018 and even got a few leaderboard spots (80s usually, not the really hardcore top tier), back then it was OK because I played enough to have MMR so the games were challenging.
    Battlegrounds Masochist

Magsorc: Robot Wizard
    StamDK: Dragon Bruh
    StamNB: Mr Meow Meow Meow
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    Capture the Relic
    I like them all except chaosball. After chaosball, least favourite is Deathmatch. The rest are OK and I really enjoy Crazy King.

Deathmatch is a little complicated, when you get lucky and all teams are of similar skill, it's the best mode. BUT that happens very rarely. The usual deathmatch will have one team at 400 points before the second one even breaks 100. And honestly that's a problem. I played A LOT in 2018 and even got a few leaderboard spots (80s usually, not the really hardcore top tier), back then it was OK because I played enough to have MMR so the games were challenging.

I 2nd KingKayanto. I feel the exact same way.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    DM
    Crazy King
    Domination
    Capture the Relic
    Chaosball
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaosball
    Chaosball is the superior DM.

DM kill cap is too low.

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Domination
    Domination and Deathmatch are the only two I like so far.
    they/them/theirs
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

More frequent DM would be greatly appreciated!
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    DM
    >
    Chaosball
    >
    Relic
    >
    Crazy King
    >
    Domintation

Domination and Crazy King are inherently anti pvp modes. Any fight that lasts longer than 10 seconds and is not potato mashing is hurting your chance at winning. You win best by avoiding fights as much as possible and instead just run from flag to flag. If 2 teams fight over a flag the 3rd one takes all three others and profits.
    At least in Crazy King there is a few nice fights at the start.

Relic hunt got better now that you cant cheese it with immoveable pots anymore. But its incredibly random with pugs and again running around and avoiding fighting is superior to actually pvping.

Chaos ball is great because its basicly deathmatch. Everyone is at the ball, everyone is forced to pvp to win. But it can be a great bummer if youre on certain builds that cannot hold the ball well, take down the ball bearer well or you come up against tanks with healers.

Deathmatch is best because you have to pvp to win and there is no workaround. Its not perfect but most people queue for bg to get quick action and fast paced pvp fights, which is exactly what this mode is about.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    DM
    >
    Chaosball
    >
    Relic
    >
    Crazy King
    >
    Domintation

Domination and Crazy King are inherently anti pvp modes. Any fight that lasts longer than 10 seconds and is not potato mashing is hurting your chance at winning. You win best by avoiding fights as much as possible and instead just run from flag to flag. If 2 teams fight over a flag the 3rd one takes all three others and profits.
    At least in Crazy King there is a few nice fights at the start.

Relic hunt got better now that you cant cheese it with immoveable pots anymore. But its incredibly random with pugs and again running around and avoiding fighting is superior to actually pvping.

Chaos ball is great because its basicly deathmatch. Everyone is at the ball, everyone is forced to pvp to win. But it can be a great bummer if youre on certain builds that cannot hold the ball well, take down the ball bearer well or you come up against tanks with healers.

Deathmatch is best because you have to pvp to win and there is no workaround. Its not perfect but most people queue for bg to get quick action and fast paced pvp fights, which is exactly what this mode is about.

Pretty good summary, I do agree with many points you made. But with CTR, I personally cannot stomach it anymore.
    The mode often ends up in stalemate , people avoid combat and it encourages people to just build something that can walk forward and deal no dmg.
    Normally capture the flag modes aren't bad but with 3 team setup, it just isn't fun. Reason I'd place domination and crazy king way above it even if people avoid combat in those aswell.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    But with CTR, I personally cannot stomach it anymore.
    The mode often ends up in stalemate , people avoid combat and it encourages people to just build something that can walk forward and deal no dmg.

True. In high mmr if you come up against premades, especially ones with healers, CTR tends to stalemate. In many matches there will be 2 or even 3 people just sitting at their relic and you cannot take them down one by one because they respawn quickly and if you try to wipe them with 3 to 4 people your own relic gets taken.

Imo there is a wiiiide gap in enjoyment between Dm/chaosball and CTR/Crazy king/Domination
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    We deserve a dedicated Deathmatch queue.

• WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I miss the option all expect chaos ball :smiley:
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    DM
    Crazy King
    Domination
    Capture the Relic
    Chaosball

This is very accurate on how I see it
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all of them, but I prefer not to play Capture the Relic.
    PS | EU
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Capture the Relic
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Vote for your favorite mode. Simple as that.
    Feel free to post why that mode. Just curious overall preference for people.
    I'd say best mode is Deathmatch, least favorite mode easily is Capture the Relic.

basicly all but crazy king cause its BY FARE the worst mode
  • quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch , all other modes are boring and split the groups in two usually : some goes for objectives and some go for kill and pvp, which is the reason I dislike all other modes. Domination exemple, promote running and avoiding pvp to go cap empty flags , same goes for crazy king. They should remove either one of these 2 imo, and make deathmatchs more frequent.
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    ^
    The reason for PvP is killing the other player
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch. I will say chaosball has grown on me. The only thing i dont like about chaosball is on certain maps where a team will take the ball to a corner where you cant reach them and just spam heals to keep the ball bearer alive to cheese wins
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    but it doesn’t exist anymore
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    spotzhopz wrote: »
    Deathmatch. I will say chaosball has grown on me. The only thing i dont like about chaosball is on certain maps where a team will take the ball to a corner where you cant reach them and just spam heals to keep the ball bearer alive to cheese wins

But every match of chaosball is like this to some extent.

Grab ball, run away. Grab ball, run away. Grab ball, run away. Grab ball, run away. Win.

It's by far my least favorite mode, despite being the objective mode mode I probably have the highest win percentage on.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    DM

Chaosball - Except on Istrius Outpost Arena

Crazy King
    Domination

Capture The Relic
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Do not add a Deathmatch queue. Splitting up the playerbase will only make queue times worse.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 16, 2021 2:55PM
    PC NA
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    Domination
    Domination is my favorite because I usually get fair fights against 1 or 2 people holding a flag, vs getting insta wiped vs a whole group.

On a side note; in the last few years it feels like the TTK has drastically dropped, it feels like an MMO FPS now lol
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    All games are interesting.
    But Chaosball's glitch is the worst.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Give us a separated queue for Death Match!
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not played BGs for a long time, but I remember the game mode that required you to capture a point. There were 3 or more of those points / flags that you needed to capture (just like you capture resources in cyro) and the more your team had, the more points you had.

I don't remember how this mode was called and I don't know if it is still in the game, but I had a lot of fun with it. It was something different.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 28, 2021 1:35PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I like deathmatch the best. Chaos ball is probably second because it is still close to being a deathmatch. Unless you have the ball and then it is just a race to outheal everything.

Capture the relic is easily the worst. Too often a 40K+ hp tank just sits on the relic and its a stalemate. Or your entire team runs off and let's the 3rd place team take your relic.

What I really wish they would add is Free-For-All deathmatch. No teams, just 12 players fighting each other and respawning until the kill limit or the time limit is reached.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Domination and Crazy King are the worst. I had a Domination game last night where there were only 5 kills in TOTAL. The moment my team tries to engage a fight at a flag, the other team would just run away to the other flag.

The whole game mode is about avoiding fights which is the whole point of PvP.