Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Engulfing Flames and Burning Embers images

Shredder225
Shredder225
✭✭
Hello, my name is Alex (Shredder225) and I have been playing ESO on the Xbox for nearly 6 years now. I have 10 characters and 3 of which are Dragonknights, my favorite class. I have an image suggestion that to me and many guild members is highly desirable. This pertains specifically to two skills within the Ardent Flame skill tree and more specifically to ENGULFING FLAMES and BURNING EMBERS. As you likely know the Fiery Breath skill morphs into Noxious Breath or Engulfing Flames. Similarly, the Searing Strike skill morphs into Venomous Claw or Burning Embers. The issue I have with Engulfing Flames and Burning Embers is that they are not the best for differentiating between other Dragonknight abilities. The Engulfing Flames image just looks too much like random fire and blends with the other skill images in the class while looking somewhat like Flames of Oblivion. The Burning Embers image looks way too similar to the Earthen Heart skill Molten Weapons and even more so like that skills morphs Igneous Weapons and especially Molten Armaments. In fact, the Burning Embers image nearly appears to be the exact same image as Molten Armaments. What I am wondering is if it would be possible for the Engulfing Flames image and the Burning Embers image to be changed? I even have a somewhat possible solution that doesn't require new images to be created since there are some older images that use to be in the Ardent Flame skill line that have been retired. The ENGULFING FLAMES current image could be replaced with the previous Burning Breath image as that image is much more related to what the active ability does and depicts if better without looking so much like another ability (Flames of Oblivion). The BURNING EMBERS current image could be replaced with the previous Unstable Flame image as that image relates to the base ability and doesn't look so much like the other abilities (Igneous Weapons and Molten Armaments). I have attached the image for the retired Burning Breath that would make a suitable replacement image for ENGULFING FLAMES and I have attached the image for the retired Unstable Flame that would make a suitable replacement image for BURNING EMBERS. I know this may seem like such a mundane request but I am so passionate about this game and everything in it that I really think this makes a difference. Especially considering the current images have such similarities to other images in this class. This small change makes a huge impact in my opinion and I spoke with other long term players and Dragonknight fans who really agreed with me. Please let me know if this is a possibility or if you can get me in contact with the individual who can make this a possibility. I would really appreciate it. I love ESO and intend do continue playing it as long as it's around. I would love to see this change made on the Dragonknight and hear your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my message.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just have them on my bar in a particular number so I always know which one I will be using and never look at my ability bars.

Do you often move them around your bars? because I would think you would just know which button is which skill.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always found them easy enough to distinguish and I've played the class for years. Also have a habit of sticking them in the same spot since it's easier to press certain buttons so I put the higher priority skills in those slots. (Like my Spammable on 4 instead of 5 where I typically put Burning Embers.)
    Edited by Vevvev on May 14, 2021 8:28PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Shredder225
    Shredder225
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien, you hit the nail on the head with what you said. I do move my abilities around on a somewhat frequent basis. Changing out skills for different scenarios like group play, solo play or even when doing PVE compared to PVP. I do get familiar with my ability bar pretty quick. However, I think one of the biggest reasons is having multiple Dragonknight characters and I look at my resources more than my characters in fights. So having abilities that look so similar on different characters is what the makes me wish the images where a bit more differentiated in this case more than anything.

Vevvev, I also try to stick my abilities in similar spots per character to form a habit of knowing my ability bar. I just end up changing my ability bar from time to time as I stated above. Since I have three Dragonknight characters, two of which are magic based it, the magica characters are different but have a couple used abilities on them that are not the same but have very similar images as I initially meeting and will try to further explain below. This just slips me up sometimes.

I just figured since I know many of the past images, switching two of the images out for more optimal images that were already in the game wouldn't be that hard to do and it basically solves my dilemma. I personally feel that it's an improvement as well.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Fiery_Breath

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Searing_Strike

These two additional links help show all the images for these skills to better show the options. Take the current Engulfing Flames image and replace it with the previously used Burning Breath image. Now Engulfing Flames doesn't look so similar to Flames of Oblivion. Take the current Burning Embers image and replace it with the previously used Unstable Flame image. Now Burning Embers doesn't look so similar to Igneous Weapons and exactly like Molten Armaments.

I appreciate your comment on this thread by the way.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a habit of having similar types of skills on the same buttons regardless of which character I am playing.

For example, my "spammable" is always on 3 and I tend to leave 5 for passives. 4: tends to be the most changeable it is either a long dot or buff or it is my shield.

1. and 2. are my main damage over time spells. For both bars usually.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X is engulfing flames.
    RB is burning embers.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.