The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Announcing big events: Zos should inform of some events sooner

• GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should run this Explorer’s Celebration one weekend a month in a different DLC zone to keep the DLC dailies alive.
    Edited by GenjiraX on May 14, 2021 6:11AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they throw out an ESO+ Free Trial the week after this is over :smile:
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The metrics for people playing lately has shown a bIt of a down swing. Thats not good when a game is in its hype season right before a chapter. I seriously don't think this explorers event was planned and ever will be from here on out. Its gonna be used to draw people back to the game when numbers are showing a drop trend.

This event requires no other parameter to activate bonuses nor does it give tickets. Its very obviously was designed to be used in this fashion.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also don't think it was a planned event but a move to lure some players back as right now there's not much point to log in or stay playing for a lot of people after upcoming cp nerf news and burn out after grinding for it which was also a waste of gold for some.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Kalik_Gold wrote: »
    Exp not working. Per main page of forums.
    Harvesting not working. Per main page of forums.

I can't vouch for XP, but I ran around harvesting nodes on one of my low-level alts to stock up on lower-level mats, and I was getting double mats. Not double other stuff, like worms, bast, heartwood, viridian dust, etc., but double of the basic mats and alchemy ingredients.
    Same and the double stack with plentiful harvest
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, such a negative attitude... It's fun surprise and nothing big (you won't miss any unique rewards, it's just a buff for common stuff). It's nice that they even do it and I hope there will be more small events like this in future :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I think they added this event so people wouldn’t focus too much or be bothered by the 800 gem exclusive mount (just a bad theory)

I think it's because of the console patch fiasco currently headlining the game news.

Wait. I am not console guy, so maybe I don't understand it correctly, but... people on consoles have problems with having access to crafting bag sooo they give them an incentive to make all the surveys and fill the bag with resources to the top? ;)
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    I think they added this event so people wouldn’t focus too much or be bothered by the 800 gem exclusive mount (just a bad theory)

I think it's because of the console patch fiasco currently headlining the game news.

Wait. I am not console guy, so maybe I don't understand it correctly, but... people on consoles have problems with having access to crafting bag sooo they give them an incentive to make all the surveys and fill the bag with resources to the top? ;)

Not sure what you mean. The crafting bag works the same on Xbox and PC.

Thanks for the tip, though. I have hundreds of surveys. I hadn’t considered that now’s the time to use them.
    Edited by GenjiraX on May 14, 2021 8:06AM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m enjoying the double nodes. Not too stressed about CP anymore.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    I think they should run this Explorer’s Celebration one weekend a month in a different DLC zone to keep the DLC dailies alive.

I can agree to that
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the tip, though. I have hundreds of surveys. I hadn’t considered that now’s the time to use them.

I don't think surveys will double.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do. Checked it yesterday ;)
  • Varangian_af_Scaniae

They do? Fantastic, sometimes I get rewarded for being lazy. Have well over 100 surveys because it's so boring doing them.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do? Fantastic, sometimes I get rewarded for being lazy. Have well over 100 surveys because it's so boring doing them.

Yeah, with all perks you can get almost 50 units from one node ;)
  • Varangian_af_Scaniae

I just did a few surveys and I don't see any difference in the amount that drops.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did a few surveys and I don't see any difference in the amount that drops.

I know that people report some issues with doubling exp, so maybe it also relates to harvesting. I was doing base game zones after joining an event and definitely get additional resources.
    Edited by Ippokrates on May 14, 2021 10:38AM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still not enough of a surprise incentive to make me choose this over MELE. ;)
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think it has to do with the poor performance on console and the lack of a lot of people playing right now. Trying to entice us to play more. ZOS, it's not working. Better performing game would help. Stop trying to cover up your lack of concern to both console systems. Just fix the game already.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, such a negative attitude... It's fun surprise and nothing big (you won't miss any unique rewards, it's just a buff for common stuff). It's nice that they even do it and I hope there will be more small events like this in future :)

Totally agree. Just proof that some people are never happy!
    Edited by Inaya on May 14, 2021 11:52AM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kinda wild the things people complain about.......
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thought as several other things, that it was probably thrown together at short notice because they noticed activity dropping or just generally felt like there was nothing much going on to keep players engaged.

Although my second thought on seeing the announcement was that it's nothing worth going out of my way for and I'm not going to change my plans to accommodate it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone always complains, they give us a surprise event and omg the game is failing. Appreciate it for what it is a a chance to earn more XP, level an alt
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they throw out an ESO+ Free Trial the week after this is over :smile:

if they find the bug from last time, it lasted only for 1 day
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭

from the support page

For the ESO Plus Free Trial event that was going to start on April 19th, 2021, we ran into an unexpected issue with the ESO Plus Free Trial that was planned to start on that date. We will reschedule it for a later date. Once we have a new timeframe, we will share the details on the official ESO website and social media channels. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is an ESO+ trial end of this month?
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can agree to that

That'd be nice. I had to fight a Vvardenfell WB the other day with a level 10 player because that's all who showed up when I asked for help and it was a daily I had had in that toons' journal for about a week because I hate soloing most Vvard WBs because their adds are sooooo annoying. I basically spent the whole fight divided between pecking away at the boss and trying to keep the lowbie alive so the boss wouldn't reset if I died myself. We did it, but dang, it was a long fight. LOL,
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    Someone always complains, they give us a surprise event and omg the game is failing. Appreciate it for what it is a a chance to earn more XP, level an alt

I'm getting ~10k gold for doing daily writs on one CP level toon from the double gold bonus. As someone with multiple CP level toons who's got my daily writ routine down to where it takes me about 3-4 minutes to do the writs on one toon (not counting char loading time, which is another story), I cannot say I'm bothered by this.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry, my bad - I just checked alchemy surveys on a char I have on othe server - with no perks at all - 4 units per node, so it is not working for surveys. Shame...
    Edited by Ippokrates on May 14, 2021 6:42PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Isn't there a yearly calendar of all the big events?

Nope. There's only a record of what events have happened (e.g. on UESP). Some events always run (the big four double-XP base game ones, for example). But other than that, everything's fair game. Midyear Mayhem *should* run each year, now twice per year, but we have gone well over a year without it due to performance issues in the past. And there isn't enough room in the calendar to fit in every event every year. Some have run only once (Dawn of the Dragonguard, Murkmire, etc.).

ZOS traditionally doesn't publish dates more than a week or so in advance at most, aside from the one time they gave us the Q4 dates for the first indrik cycle. And now there's been extremely misleading info circulated by a CM about what the next event would be, combined with zero notice of this current "mini-event." Not looking too good on the communication front.

Oh ok gotcha, well I imagine if there was a Christmas event last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, it would be a save bet to mark it on a calendar hanging on a wall that it will probably happen with 95% certainty around the same time frame this year. You could also mark it in Google calendar so it pops up on your Google device (if you have one) a few days or weeks before hand so you have a pretty early reminder to look out for the event and make yourself available for it.

I imagine the same thing could be done with Office 365's calendar, and whatever calendar system Apple devices use. You could then do the same for any previous event we've had in the past, like mid-year mayhem, and be really well prepared for those events.

For me though, usually I just ask myself what month it is, then say in my head "Oh it's May right? Yeah I think (insert name) festival usually starts around this time based on the past 7 year history of ESO, so I will make sure I look out for the announcement!" Then I make a mental note, and kind of just look out for the event announcement. So far that's been working really well for me.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Isn't there a yearly calendar of all the big events?

Nope. There's only a record of what events have happened (e.g. on UESP). Some events always run (the big four double-XP base game ones, for example). But other than that, everything's fair game. Midyear Mayhem *should* run each year, now twice per year, but we have gone well over a year without it due to performance issues in the past. And there isn't enough room in the calendar to fit in every event every year. Some have run only once (Dawn of the Dragonguard, Murkmire, etc.).

ZOS traditionally doesn't publish dates more than a week or so in advance at most, aside from the one time they gave us the Q4 dates for the first indrik cycle. And now there's been extremely misleading info circulated by a CM about what the next event would be, combined with zero notice of this current "mini-event." Not looking too good on the communication front.

Oh ok gotcha, well I imagine if there was a Christmas event last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, it would be a save bet to mark it on a calendar hanging on a wall that it will probably happen with 95% certainty around the same time frame this year. You could also mark it in Google calendar so it pops up on your Google device (if you have one) a few days or weeks before hand so you have a pretty early reminder to look out for the event and make yourself available for it.

I imagine the same thing could be done with Office 365's calendar, and whatever calendar system Apple devices use. You could then do the same for any previous event we've had in the past, like mid-year mayhem, and be really well prepared for those events.

For me though, usually I just ask myself what month it is, then say in my head "Oh it's May right? Yeah I think (insert name) festival usually starts around this time based on the past 7 year history of ESO, so I will make sure I look out for the announcement!" Then I make a mental note, and kind of just look out for the event announcement. So far that's been working really well for me.

That works for the base game ones, sure. Jester’s, Anniversary, Witches, New Life, and (usually) Midyear go off pretty regularly. The Undaunted one might be included here too.

But the other events are constantly changing. TG/DB ran three times in 18 months but then has gone years without. Murkmire hasn’t reappeared after its initial offing. Orsinium probably won’t be returning, after missing for a while, as it’s been folded into a Year One celebration, similarly to how Morrowind and Clockwork got merged. (Imperial City also seems to be merged now.) They also introduced this new idea of a one-off chapter celebration months out from release, so that has to be taken into consideration too.

And there *used* to be a regular gap between Anniversary and June/July Midyear until this year, when suddenly we were given an event during a time we were explicitly told there would not be an event. It seems they now have this Explorer’s week in their back pocket to throw in whenever bugs get bad or attention is likely to stray due to internal or external factors.

There’s more that can’t be predicted than can, it seems.