The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ice Mage changes to frozen gate?

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Given some of the tool kits given in the winters embrace skill tree, and the shift to allowing Ice to become on par with it's counter elemental parts, I would like to suggest giving the winters embrace skill line, a nice ice spammable. Someone who mains an ice mage I feel like we could maybe change Frozen gate to be more utilized but not within its current state as I Don't see many use it at all, unless it's probably for pve, and some for pvp to use as a bridge mechanism to throw people off of it. I know this is pretty far fetched for asking for a change to give ice mages a place to finally shine. But i think it would give others who are curious to actually want to play one. Any suggestions can be listed below, and please keep this thread positive and constructive!

Fyi: I posted here as I'm unsure if this or the previous place was the correct place.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Given some of the tool kits given in the winters embrace skill tree, and the shift to allowing Ice to become on par with it's counter elemental parts, I would like to suggest giving the winters embrace skill line, a nice ice spammable. Someone who mains an ice mage I feel like we could maybe change Frozen gate to be more utilized but not within its current state as I Don't see many use it at all, unless it's probably for pve, and some for pvp to use as a bridge mechanism to throw people off of it. I know this is pretty far fetched for asking for a change to give ice mages a place to finally shine. But i think it would give others who are curious to actually want to play one. Any suggestions can be listed below, and please keep this thread positive and constructive!

Fyi: I posted here as I'm unsure if this or the previous place was the correct place.

Frozen Retreat could be reworked into a spammable. Which would be very nice but the base skill and frozen device should remain as is for pve tanks.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Frozen Retreat could be reworked into a spammable. Which would be very nice but the base skill and frozen device should remain as is for pve tanks.

& Cyrodiil support Wardens.
    Options
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

sure, for whomever uses device. The skill doesn't need 2 tank morphs, none of the skills in the winter's embrace line do.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

sure, for whomever uses device. The skill doesn't need 2 tank morphs, none of the skills in the winter's embrace line do.

Yup, I agree.

Device is a great counter to bombers.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pXI1PDTp5gk
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 13, 2021 11:40PM
    Options