Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Blackwood Preview—Oblivion Portals"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
a1k6cvfc3eaz.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Blackwood Preview—Oblivion Portals"

Learn about the mysterious portals that now plague Blackwood and prepare for your own invasion of the Deadlands.
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the folks on the PTS, I've got a question: have there been any changes to make Oblivion Portals more friendly for players who arrive a little late to the party? I recall that earlier on the PTS, there were some comments from late-arrivals who'd enter and all the early mobs were dead without much indication to what to do next.

One of the nice things with Dolmens, Harrowstorms, and Geysers is that there's continuous action whether you arrive at the beginning or end.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the folks on the PTS, I've got a question: have there been any changes to make Oblivion Portals more friendly for players who arrive a little late to the party? I recall that earlier on the PTS, there were some comments from late-arrivals who'd enter and all the early mobs were dead without much indication to what to do next.

One of the nice things with Dolmens, Harrowstorms, and Geysers is that there's continuous action whether you arrive at the beginning or end.

They didn't fundamentally change them, so no. But there have been way less players on the PTS so I have gotten to enjoy them a few times solo. But on live I would expect them to be cleared unless you are 1st or 2nd into the portal. With them still not showing on the map, then unless one pops up right next to you it might be difficult to really get the full experience.

Edited by NoxiousBlight on May 13, 2021 4:58PM
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Oblivion portals close and boot out everyone in the instance, once you kill the Duke of Storms at the end?

I'm asking because I would prefer to be able to still RP with friends inside the Deadlands, without it being interrupted by the event ending :)
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Well I know this thread is for a specific part of the new chapter, but since I cannot see how to open a new thread, am gonna post this in here - thank you all the pts players for enjoying the game before its time , so much so that this is the second chapter coming out with obvious bugs, and making too little job in their time there, but not having a problem disclosing things ( which overall are not so much of a bother) - but seriously, IF you take the time to make videos about what's to come and play it to your heart's content - why in the whole bloody world you won't be actually looking for bugs and problems? Isn't THAT what ppl on pts are supposed to be doing? Seriously whatever pts policy is there now - it needs to be changed. Too many issues are reaching live - and this is all people's fault.