The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Edit addon that not working with gamepad

RammsteinRko
RammsteinRko
✭✭
Hello!
I have seen an addon that changes your language only in the name of the items.

The problem is that it only works when the game is in keyboard and mouse mode, with the gamepad it does not work.

The creator of the addon no longer updates it and I would like to know if anyone knows if I edit in the addon programming if there is any option that is enabled gamepad or something like that.

Or it's not that simple?

Greetings and thank you!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that simple as the gamepad UI was added later and totally uses other controls, variables, names, functions etc.
    Basically if you want to create an addon supporting both you need to create 2 addons and put them together into 1 :-1:

And depending on the purpose/usecase it is not even possible as some functions/UI elements of the gamepad mode are not changeable but keyboard mode allows to (or the other way around). Sometimes even events and stuff you can use in the keyboard mode do not work the same way in gamepad mode and hus need another 100% rewrite of the code.
    Edited by Baertram on May 13, 2021 2:38AM