The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Finder Queue -- how to block someone from your groups?

Bjond
Bjond
✭✭✭
If you end up with a player that abuses the queue (eg. queues as the wrong role then can't do the job), how do you block them from ever joining your DFQ groups ever again (or you from ever joining theirs)? The other MMOs I've played that have a finder queue with a nice "must-have" daily bonus all tied this to /ignore, but I've been given to understand that ESO ignore has no effect on the queue.

Is there another way of blocking them? I'd really rather not waste my time by filing a griefing petition against those that do this. I don't care if they continue to do it or not as long as it's not with groups I'm in, but if it's the only way to permanently get them out of my DFQ groups, I'll have to do it.

Oh, btw, I'd never block a newbie that is trying to learn a new role. After all, my favorite newbie quote came from a brand new warrior (tank class) in FFXI that wasn't taunting. We all kept telling her to taunt and finally she got fed up with this advice and yelled "BUT IF I TAUNT IT WILL HIT ME!" This gave us paws. When we could type again, we explained the trinity; light-bulb over newbie's head, group proceeds with War taunting everything in sight.

Best Answer

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of the forever bugs in the game - blocking someone in chat etc doesn't block them from being put in a group with you. For people who've had problems where they received what to them was abusive or bad behaviour from specific other players it's a big gap in the very basic defences an MMO ought to be providing.
    Too many toons not enough time
    Answer ✓
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bjond wrote: »
    Oh, btw, I'd never block a newbie that is trying to learn a new role. After all, my favorite newbie quote came from a brand new warrior (tank class) in FFXI that wasn't taunting. We all kept telling her to taunt and finally she got fed up with this advice and yelled "BUT IF I TAUNT IT WILL HIT ME!" This gave us paws. When we could type again, we explained the trinity; light-bulb over newbie's head, group proceeds with War taunting everything in sight.

That's amazing! :lol:
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.