Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happens when set staff enchant is replaced with a glyph?

ZedIsDead
ZedIsDead
Soul Shriven
Hey, I'm a returning player after years away from ESO.
Sorry for the noob question but I don't want to buy an expensive set staff (Mother’s Sorrow) just to find out damage output is lower...

What happens when set staff enchant is replaced with a glyph?

Comparing 2 lightning staves equipped on the same character with charged weapon enchant and infused trait, enchant damage is not the same:

Lightning-staff.png
Lightning-set-staff.png

The enchant damage listed on glyph is lower, but that's expected because there is no infused trait:
Charged-weapon-enchant.png

So what will be the enchant damage of Mother’s Sorrow staff with charged weapon enchant and infused trait?

Thanks in advance,
Zed

Best Answer

• Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2660 shock damage * 1.30 (infused trait) = 3458 final damage
    The first picture is probably a 150cp glyph, hence the difference.

Edit: With the charged trait you'll have 2660 shock damage. "Charged" only increases the chance of you applying the additional status effect.
    Edited by Thoragaal on May 11, 2021 9:48PM
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
    Answer ✓
  • ZedIsDead
    ZedIsDead
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for your reply Thoragaal, I wasn't aware a CP160 item may have a lower CP enchant.
    Both staves are CP160 and were improved to legendary.
    The non-set staff probably started as a green quality item with a lower CP enchant.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZedIsDead wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Thoragaal, I wasn't aware a CP160 item may have a lower CP enchant.
    Both staves are CP160 and were improved to legendary.
    The non-set staff probably started as a green quality item with a lower CP enchant.

The same is with reconstructed equipment at transmutation station. Enchants are always slightly weaker than should be at CP 160 (i mean not by level but colour). So you must get your Kuta and replace them...

Edited by Ippokrates on May 12, 2021 2:35AM