The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get Malacath's Band of Brutality lead at the surface area of Imperial City?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
How to get Malacath's Band of Brutality lead at the surface area of Imperial City?

This is my first visiting Imperial City.

I know "patroling daedra boss" on the surface area of IC has mythic lead.
But, opponent alliance player disturb me so many times. I couldn't concentrate boss fighting.
So, I give up this mythic lead. Actually say, I'm tired of this mental torture PVP contents.

I can't believe same developer who made clock work city adventure also build this terrible content.
PVE and PVP are completely different game mechanics. DO NOT mix both of them. It's a nonsense game design.

*****************************************************************************************************
by the way...

I really don't want to play PVP content of ZOS. Because, ZOS can't handle proper PVP game balance forever.
I don't want to fight against nonsense "god mode" opponent player. And, my interest of ESO is RPG, like the
main quest of DLC area. Not like the Imperial City.

Please give me BlackWood main contents ASAP...

But, this time I need to visit IC for the mythic lead. So I decided to go there.
I was so "lucky" at the IC sewer. Cuz, I got Bloodlord's Embrace lead at the nearest location from spawn point
by the first attempting. Fortunately, I could fight with another same team player to defeat sewer boss coincidentally.

So, I didn't need to loiter in the sewer which like ESO version boring "DOOM" combat.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While looking for this lead I was ganked by 2 WW after my first light attack on a boss. I respawned in the same district in time to see them kill the boss. To my delight the boss was highlighted in yellow, meaning I could loot it. So I snuck down in stealth and looted it. I was very fortunate to get the lead on the first try, but my point is that you only need to damage the boss to get a chance to loot it, and it doesn't matter if you die, so getting killed by a player while fighting a boss doesn't actually matter for this, as far as I can tell. You're not going to get any telvar, but you can walk away with the lead, assuming you can get back to the boss.
    PC | EU
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While looking for this lead I was ganked by 2 WW after my first light attack on a boss. I respawned in the same district in time to see them kill the boss. To my delight the boss was highlighted in yellow, meaning I could loot it. So I snuck down in stealth and looted it. I was very fortunate to get the lead on the first try, but my point is that you only need to damage the boss to get a chance to loot it, and it doesn't matter if you die, so getting killed by a player while fighting a boss doesn't actually matter for this, as far as I can tell. You're not going to get any telvar, but you can walk away with the lead, assuming you can get back to the boss.

Oh, thanks. I didn't notice that possibility.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) It has nigh 100% dropchance. I've gotten it off basically every first boss I killed there (after having dug up the previous one, that is).

2) You also, as been pointed out above, don't need to solo kill a boss, you just need to get some damage in.

3) You also don't actually need to kill surface bosses - it drops just fine off Sewer bosses, both the patrolling ones and stationary bosses iirc. Stationary bosses are many, they're pretty easy to find and kill on your own without encountering an enemy player (while there's only 6 districts on the surface and only 1 boss up at most in any of them at a time, there's this whole GIANT maze of Sewers and like...Idk, 15+?...bosses there. It's hiiiighly unlikely someone's camping all of them).

4) If all else fails, join or organize a friend/guild run to get it, pretty hard to gank a group of 20, even if they're mainly into PvE. During events there're usually huge groups running around, but you might find one at prime time even without one. Or, heck, just start it. Just 5 people can already kill the boss plenty fast and not look like an easy target.

5) And, last but not least, Malacath's Band of Brutality is very much a PvP-oriented item. Of course, no one forbids you to use it in PvE, but you will likely always be at a disadvantage in comparison to a crit-oriented build. In PvP it's more feaseable because most players run Impenetrable + cp passives so your crit damage is way lower and therefore you don't miss it as much. But in PvE crit is the base of most, if not all, effective dps builds.

Personally, I actually wish they'd place more things in PvP-ish areas, and I wish they actually had lower droprate. 100% droprate is just silly. And I say that as someone who barely PvPs these days.