The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I think character specific primaries would be very welcome.

Selminus
Selminus
✭✭✭✭
Any drawbacks to this?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would this mean exactly? When people go to visit your primary, it would depend on which character you were last logged in on? That doesn’t strike me as an advantage. I would love to have more than one house open for people to visit, but if it is to be only one, then I would rather select it directly than depend on which character I was last logged in on. For those with houses for guild use too, I guess they would have to make that house the primary for all their characters. You would still be able to set a house as primary for more than one character I presume?

Now if right-clicking gave a dropdown list of your characters and the primary for each, that could be awesome, or make it simpler and you can select a given number of houses as open for visitors (without needing add-ons).
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd get rid of primary houses all together, and just give us a drop down menu that lists all our properties. Also, give the player the option to choose which of their houses are listed on the menu so they can keep those they don't want open to the public off the list.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 7, 2021 4:21PM
    PCNA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going a step further (or is it farther?) I would like to when we click on maps then homes be able to right click on a home and see a random list of players that own that house and have made it available to visit. Click on the player name and off you go. Then we just need a guest book we can sign telling them how cool their home is.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I wish is whenever I go to the menu for homes the top selection above the main three option of homes would be fourth option and that it would be primary home. So i would have to go further into the menu screens to select my primary home.

It would be nice if we could select any home as the top menu offering. That way we could even select a guild hall as the primary home to visit. Which would be a lot faster than going to find the guild hall by going to social selecting guild finding player that has the guild hall then selecting to visit their primary home.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. I have been hoping with ZOS adding addon functionality to other things (writ crafting, action timers, etc) they'd do the same with something like Port to a Friends House. I have a home decorated for each of my characters and it bugs me that people can only see the primary.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Going a step further (or is it farther?) I would like to when we click on maps then homes be able to right click on a home and see a random list of players that own that house and have made it available to visit. Click on the player name and off you go. Then we just need a guest book we can sign telling them how cool their home is.

I think that could be a great addition, but I think it would need to be an opt-in system. Firstly so players who want to keep their homes private can do that, but also to cut out the undecorated houses. I've got a few I use primarily as wayshrines or haven't gotten around to decorating yet (and one work in progress). I also like to check out my guild members primary houses sometimes but often end up in ones with nothing in them, or just a cluster of stroage chests and maybe another cluster of undaunted trophies.

If all homes were accessible by default I think you'd end up wasting a lot of time picking a name, loading into an empty home and then doing it again over and over. For it to be useful it would need to be restricted to homes players want to show.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »

I think that could be a great addition, but I think it would need to be an opt-in system. Firstly so players who want to keep their homes private can do that, but also to cut out the undecorated houses. I've got a few I use primarily as wayshrines or haven't gotten around to decorating yet (and one work in progress). I also like to check out my guild members primary houses sometimes but often end up in ones with nothing in them, or just a cluster of stroage chests and maybe another cluster of undaunted trophies.

If all homes were accessible by default I think you'd end up wasting a lot of time picking a name, loading into an empty home and then doing it again over and over. For it to be useful it would need to be restricted to homes players want to show.

Yeah I agree it would be opt in only. Players would need to set each individual home to be available for viewing.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."