The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

took a 6 month break due to tank meta boredom, 1 week later and i'm taking another break.

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
this wall vs wall combat is so infuriatingly boring its unreal, if you arent running the ultra tanky cannon meta you have no impact in any pvp even if you heal.
hell even pve is starting to become the tank meta, joining vet dungeons as a healer has 3 tank players with huge as hell damage join with enough healing to make you feel irrelevant.
removing the soft and hard caps killed any possibility for diversity and preventing such a stupidly strong power creep from coming into fruition and dominating any form of diversity in pvp, players should be able to do EVERYTHING all at once.
if you wanna be tanky, you shouldnt be able to heal or damage as much as other players.
if you are damage, your self healing and tankiness should be poor as hell compared to someone setup for those jobs.
being a very healy setup should mean your damage is nigh awful and your durability sucks badly.
but currently just slap on a DK, Warden, or the right heavy armor build and you are practically godmode, you will hit harder, heal harder and soak more damage than vivec himself.

and all that is before you factor in the 3 second dodge periods some people seem to be able to consistently get while using said cheese meta.
Edited by dsalter on May 6, 2021 3:31PM
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The frustration is relatable. I took about a 2 year break, came back for maybe 2 months around the New Year, then back on break for another few months. I'd like to come back for the new patch, it will definitely be a new meta, devs seem willing to try to fix the broken things... but I'm not spending money on this game until I see some proof it's more balanced.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The frustration is relatable. I took about a 2 year break, came back for maybe 2 months around the New Year, then back on break for another few months. I'd like to come back for the new patch, it will definitely be a new meta, devs seem willing to try to fix the broken things... but I'm not spending money on this game until I see some proof it's more balanced.

the changes dont look drastic enough to be worth throwing myself at the tank meta crap.
    unless some serious caps come back into play this stack everything in one way to one shot or stack everything in another to get HUGE hp+HP based healing&nukes will still be the dominant opions... or just option if you stick to current meta.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought a bit about this when i accidently small manned in pvp. i say accidently because 1 other player happened to be solo were i was at and we kind of decided to merc together, didn't group, didn't speak, but long time pvp'ers know how things worked.

i noticed we could fight and kill larger groups quite effectively, and was having an easy time in situations i would normally die in.

i narrowed it down to the fact that alot of heals in ESO that you just casually run for yourself ALSO happen to heal another person as well. polar wind heals a nearby ally, natures embraces heals you and the target, breath of life heals a second target, cauterize smart heals allies, regen smart heals or multiple targets depending on morph. blood sacrifice heals a second target, braided tether heals allies, spirit mender smart heals, etc.

alot of these are heals most if not all solo players will have on their bar and be using regardless, either as a main heal or supplementing with other heals, with multiple heals on this list being used by a single person and easily being a full dps character

if two people are standing near each other and fighting, they get a massive amount of bonus and overlapping healing for just continuing through their normal gameplay, and in no way shape or form could they be trying to be a healer or by deliberatly meaning to heal the person.

by nature of just being around each other group healing is massive.

i personally feel some of this supplementary healing needs removal and actual AOE heals be the primary source of AOE heals, while self heals be relegated to healing the self only, crazy i know.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    i personally feel some of this supplementary healing needs removal and actual AOE heals be the primary source of AOE heals, while self heals be relegated to healing the self only, crazy i know.
    This is dead on, a lot of the PvP cross healing problem is due to free incidental heals coming from damage and tank builds, on top of the RR spam and such from dedicated healers.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    This is dead on, a lot of the PvP cross healing problem is due to free incidental heals coming from damage and tank builds, on top of the RR spam and such from dedicated healers.

Mag heals are mostly group heals, so if you want self healing on your damage build, you will randomly heal other people. You solve it like vigor, one morph self only, and one heals others. Most people will be selfish and go for the guaranteed self heal.