The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cyrodil needs a full reset when the score resets

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Cyrodil needs a full reset when the score resets.

Keeps, scrolls, and even quest progress if possible! There are two reasons why this is needed.

1. The faction in the lead of one campaign is usually in the lead of the next campaign. This is usually because the lead faction will have the most scrolls, keeps, and players when the next campaign starts. This can be changed if a rival pvp guild comes in and tries to take as much of the map and scrolls as they can before the score resets but getting enough players together after being so discouraged by a loss can be difficult and pretty much impossible if your faction is last. A full reset of cyrodil when the score resets would fix this and give even the last place faction a chance.

2. Cheaters, boosters, and exploiters. Whatever you want to call them there's a bunch of players who use the score reset and boosting to get easy emps. I don't really care about getting emp myself but for some players its a big deal and I don't think "rainbows" should be able to cheat the system for something that should be properly earned. If cyrodil got a full reset when the score resets these people wouldn't be able to to stack massive keep defense ticks in one campaign so they can emp in the next.

Edit for the mods. "Rainbows" in this context is not a slur against gay people. It refers to pvp'ers who help the enemy factions. I know you guys love to go overboard censoring posts but your diligence is not needed this time.

Please reset cyrodil when the score resets. My pvp guild and faction wins almost every campaign because it doesn't and its unfair to the other factions.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1. Flags and keeps should reset with campaign reset. I don't see a reason for quest progress, though. That does concern only some players who want to go for emp early and would be annoying to everyone else.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the map reset at the end of the campaign, everyone would have exit the campaign or be sent to a home keep during the reset. Otherwise, you could just sit in an enemy Keep that you own and retake it after the reset.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    If the map reset at the end of the campaign, everyone would have exit the campaign or be sent to a home keep during the reset. Otherwise, you could just sit in an enemy Keep that you own and retake it after the reset.

Yup
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 Agree
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 as well. There is a small contingent that abuses the reset and this would solve it. It would also start each campaign on equal footing, which would be a refreshing change. Just make sure to reset it during the morning so 3-6 night cappers don't get to set the pace for the whole campaign... or cause the issues pointed out in posts above.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    No reset. It makes the last few hours of work pointless. You might as well close the campaign completely for 12 hours if you want to do a total reset. No one is going to fight on the losing side if they know they are going to get a free reset in a few hours. No one is going to fight on the winning side because what is the point you lose it all for nothing.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This and pause on scoring during maintenance is what Cyrodiil really need besides better performance
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with reset.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pause during maintenance - surely. Weird that there is none. It is after all a few hours per week making it several hours for the whole campaign duration during which loosing side cannot do anything but watch.
    Reset after campaign ends? Not sure what would be the point:
    • We have reset at night or late evening. Night cappers take it all, rest sleep anyway. Reset brought exactly nothing
    • We have reset in prime time or shortly before - alliance that is strongest at the moment anyway within next 2 hours gets empty, scrolls, etc. They still get to where they were just before reset.
    If someone cannot take end defend what they have reset will not matter - balance of power will remain the same. The only scenario it could somewhat matter is when no side can take anything really but even then reset will not matter few hours later when the night falls and night cappers get to work.
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodil needs a full reset when the score resets.

Keeps, scrolls, and even quest progress if possible! There are two reasons why this is needed.

1. The faction in the lead of one campaign is usually in the lead of the next campaign. This is usually because the lead faction will have the most scrolls, keeps, and players when the next campaign starts. This can be changed if a rival pvp guild comes in and tries to take as much of the map and scrolls as they can before the score resets but getting enough players together after being so discouraged by a loss can be difficult and pretty much impossible if your faction is last. A full reset of cyrodil when the score resets would fix this and give even the last place faction a chance.

2. Cheaters, boosters, and exploiters. Whatever you want to call them there's a bunch of players who use the score reset and boosting to get easy emps. I don't really care about getting emp myself but for some players its a big deal and I don't think "rainbows" should be able to cheat the system for something that should be properly earned. If cyrodil got a full reset when the score resets these people wouldn't be able to to stack massive keep defense ticks in one campaign so they can emp in the next.

Edit for the mods. "Rainbows" in this context is not a slur against gay people. It refers to pvp'ers who help the enemy factions. I know you guys love to go overboard censoring posts but your diligence is not needed this time.

Please reset cyrodil when the score resets. My pvp guild and faction wins almost every campaign because it doesn't and its unfair to the other factions.

I've been asking this for ages. My solution: When the campaign ends, boot everyone and restart the servers to clear all the cache and such.

As that's happening, or when the server is ready to come back and start the new campaign then all factions only have their home keeps, home town, and home outposts except the 3 in the circle. Emperor keeps and outposts are now grey and neutral guarded by super powerful guards. Now factions have a few options: take the ring, prevent the opposing faction from doing so, take opposing faction keeps, or last cause mass chaos by whatever means necessary. Regardless all 3 factions start on an even playing field point, territory, place wise. Oh and determine when prime-time is and have camps reset just before so the fresh campaign starts at peak population.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something to consider but some have also pointed out some unintended consequences.
    I don't think it is a bad idea but ZOS really has to consider all the consequences (intended and unintended) before implementing this.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    This and pause on scoring during maintenance is what Cyrodiil really needs…

This. This. This. This.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always been in favor of this. New campaign, fresh map. All three factions start on equal footing.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    It’s bad enough that one faction is almost guaranteed a campaign victory every month, because they morning cap the entire map at 4am, then net 200+ points per hour for 10+ hours until prime time.

Then, they log off when they lose Emp and their buffs… because they know they’ll have the entire map the next day again. Rinse. Repeat.

Winning by 30,000 points every campaign is one thing. But at least give people the benefit of a clean start and even odds at reset.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a full rest.
    Campaign ends everyone goes to load screen and spawns behind their respective gates. Or kick everyone out
    Map resets to three home keeps per alliance
    All scroll return to their respective temple
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the concept of having the campaign reset... that however, that involves adding in additional new coding in the game. I suppose we can choose either to include this and have more lag.. or just deal with the current settings that we have.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, the most important thing that should be considered is what will happen to the People who are on the flags of a keep which they have been sieging for over 2 hours when it resets?
    Imagine; you are on the flags of bloodmayne after 2 hours of a siege, you personelly spent 2 camps and endless sieges and potions. When you flip the keep the Temple will be open, and the next objective is to fight through the gate to the scroll against enemy zerg which will take at least another 30 minutes.
    But then, campaign ends, you are sent back to northern morrowind Gate, and ad has all the keeps to alessia and now you gotta organize your groups to take all those stuff again.
    Or even better it resets While you are running enemy scroll back home