The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Since the Vateshran daggers won't drop for me what is the best replacement?

Rescorla_ESO
Rescorla_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I am a stamblade and have gotten the Vateshran axe, sword and mace to drop. I also have every other weapon drop but at this point I am burned out running Vateshran so I cutting it down to once per day and if I never get the dagger to drop then so be it.

For DPS purposes, what combo of axe/sword/mace with traits and enchants comes the closest to dual wielding daggers? I am running 5 piece Relequens and Kinras with Maelstrom bow back bar. A friend recommended dual mace with Precise traits and flame/poison enchants.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For enchants your friend is certainly correct (against undead, you could also use a prismatic glyph on one weapon). For traits, precise backhand is also a save choice, for your main hand both nirn and precise can be good but the difference will be hardly noticable.

As for which weapon to choose it depends a bit on your group. If there are not enough armour debuffs on the boss to reach full armour penetration, maces are the best choice. If you have full armour penetration, maces won't offer any benefit and then swords will most likely be slightly better than axes, but it depends a bit on the buffs you get from your group members.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 maces should be fine until you get daggers.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really need them though? I’m still hitting 85k without an arena weapon running the previous 2H/DW meta. Rele, AY, Selene. Only thing I did was go with 2 Rele daggers on the back bar instead of axe/dagger and made one of the sharpened. Rotation is still king in this game if you get tired of endlessly farming the meta sets. All the top damage sets will perform when it counts.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to go safe, use two maces.

If you want to minmax, then your race, crit chance and crit damage bonus, along with the group buff/debuff potential is influencing the decision.

In your case two swords, one nirn one precise, has probably the highest "roof".
    If you get there?...
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Vateshran dual wield doesn't work so well on Nightblade since they already have killers blade for the execute, and they already have 2970 penetration when attacking an enemy from behind, so depending on the penetration provided by your group you might not need maces.
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Vateshran dual wield doesn't work so well on Nightblade since they already have killers blade for the execute, and they already have 2970 penetration when attacking an enemy from behind, so depending on the penetration provided by your group you might not need maces.

You don't replace Killer's Blade. You replace Surprise Attack with the Hidden Blade skill in dual wield.

• Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are right. But not every group you land in is optimised. In normal trials most groups, if not all, are progression groups. They rarely completly debuff the Boss.

And besides, what is a little overpen from time to time, when compared to not enough penetration the rest of the time?
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny (not really), I have the same issue (imagine that :/). Out of 17 perfected weapons, I have 14, but no Executioner's Blade daggers. Also, except for 3 pieces, I have full sticker books of the Hex Siphon, Pestilent Host, and Explosive Rebuke sets (which indicates how many times I've run the damn arena).

That being said, I've my best results running Precise traits on the sword and axe using the Damage Health Poison.