The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher glitches upon exiting game

theslynx
theslynx
✭✭✭
Every so often after the last update, my launcher glitches oddly when exiting the game, and the only way to stop the process is to euthanise it via Task Manager. This is on a Win 10 machine with the latest Windows and driver updates (at least as of checking last week).

This happened to me before and vanished after updating GPU drivers, but that solution hasn't worked this time out.

Any idea what's causing this or how to stop it?

seowib9l6opp.jpg
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @theslynx

Check and ensure that the ESO Launcher is currently running as an administrator. You should also check to ensure that your anti-virus software has an exception for the Launcher.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    ESO has A-V allowances. I'm on Steam, and setting the Launcher or 'ZosSteamStarter' to run as admin causes the game to either not launch or to refuse to acknowledge Steam servers.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    ESO does switch to a lower resolution before it is switching to the resulotion of your settings.
    Sorry, I mixed the games. But it looks like that.
    This causes Windows to shrink all windows. Of course Windows does not (re-)resized windows, if the resolution gets bigger.

Try windowed mode, maybe?

My advice: Use the launcher for updates only. ;)
    Edited by votan73 on May 6, 2021 5:31PM
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    I have to correct myself again. I was not dreaming. It happens with ESO, too. But not always. Maybe it has to do with porting to Cyrodiil.
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »

My advice: Use the launcher for updates only. ;)

Hm. Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea how to do that if I'm running through Steam?

• votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    I do not use Steam for ESO.

But a lot of games are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\....

You can create a link to desktop. And Steam has an option to create a desktop link as well.

Maybe someone else using Steam could tell?