The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on PvP Performance?

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

been away from the game for over a year now after sticking to it since beta. Mainly got driven away because Cyrodiil was an unplayable mess, being either a lag war with large combat or just a dead empty void.

I did lots of battlegrounds too but the nocp environment together with procs just wasn't too enjoyable for me either.

Can anyone update me on the state of the art? I'd love to join the forces again, try out all the different theorycrafting with mythics, but given all the time and effort it takes too gear up just to face the same issues the game had for 2+ years now I'd love to hear your feedback before I invest my valuable time into the game :)

thanks!
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance hasn't changed.

Cyrodiil is proc-free for the next month, which has been an awesome change.

All those clinging to procs for dear life have jam-packed themselves in BGs and IC. You'll find more of the same there.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

So what is the benefit of having a cool proc-free environment if this environment is unplayable due to lag?

How responsive does combat feel?

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

So what is the benefit of having a cool proc-free environment if this environment is unplayable due to lag?

Decent for me, as I play the lower pop Blackreach campaign, PC/NA. I can't tolerate Grayhost lag at the best of times.

Can't speak to other platforms.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭

Decent for me, as I play the lower pop Blackreach campaign, PC/NA. I can't tolerate Grayhost lag at the best of times.

I stopped playing on blackrach. Literally have seen ad poplocked owning every keep on the map while the other factions aren't even playing. Alot of players have now moved over to DC. But the campaign is still pretty dead. I quit some guilds there because too much cross faction playing.
    Edited by CooloutAC on May 4, 2021 8:03PM
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭

Weekends and prime time are generally unplayable in cyrodiil.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CooloutAC wrote: »

I stopped playing on blackrach. Literally have seen ad poplocked owning every keep on the map while the other factions aren't even playing. Alot of players have now moved over to DC. But the campaign is still pretty dead. I quit some guilds there because too much cross faction playing.

I play DC/EP. I welcome our AD overlords. :smile:
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CooloutAC wrote: »

I play DC/EP. I welcome our AD overlords. :smile:

Blackreach is a waste of server resources and should be recommissioned to something that actually spreads out the playerbase.
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Well the year of performance left us with worse performance than ever, ZOS then did some live tests under the pretence of performance but both times all they ended up with was changing pvp mechanics for "flavor" as nothing they did improved performance at all. At this point its clear that performance will never get better until ZOS decide to put the code back on the client and actually deal with cheaters like they used to instead of this approach where the code is server side and ZOS just put their fingers in their ears and scream "la la la" when we complain about lag/latency, but hey, at least they don't have to deal with cheaters any more right? right?
    Edited by Ringod123 on May 6, 2021 4:39PM
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've recently come back after being away for awhile and it's just as bad if not worse than it was last time I played. I can't play during prime time or in a group without constantly getting disconnected and after a 5 minute struggle to log back on (that character is already logged on, etc) it happens all over again. I've disabled all my addons in PVP and that helped a little bit, but not during hours where more than 15 people are playing.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, my ping is usually in the 40s-50s (at worst 60s) during prime time even during a huge fight on Greyhost PC NA.

That said, it doesn't really matter much when your entire faction is lagging and can't perform.

Long story short, nothing really changed.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, my ping is usually in the 40s-50s (at worst 60s) during prime time even during a huge fight on Greyhost PC NA.

That said, it doesn't really matter much when your entire faction is lagging and can't perform.

Long story short, nothing really changed.

Wow. I feel lucky to get under 100 for a couple seconds
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB