The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Today's pledge is Wayrest Sewers I, this dungeon makes me feel useful as a healer for a change

Armanie
Armanie
✭✭✭
I don't know how DLC dungeons go but in base game dungeons I often end up in a group that doesn't need a healer at all, or with inexperienced/low CP players who get one shot by mechanics. Either way my heals are useless.

Allene Pellingare is different. She jumps to a random group member and delivers a powerful blow, followed by a spinning AOE attack. If the 1st blow doesn't kill the DD, the 2nd attack will. This is where I can actively save someone by throwing a heal burst between the 2 attacks, AND IT FEELS GREAT.

(unless of course the 1st blow one shots them...heh)

I can reliably dodge roll her 1st blow when she jumps at me, so I'm pretty proud of that too.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These days main purpose of a healer in ESO has majorly moved from healing and into buffing. More experienced people will rarely, if ever, need a healer in base game dungeons, even vet, at least if there's a taunting tank around. Even in vet dlc's you can do a lot of them without a healer (a lot of vet dlc's suffer from a different issue - in an attempt to make them harder ZOS made like 90% of the damage (Thurvokun in Fang Lair and Zaan in Scalecaller Peak would be good examples of that) one shot you so you either avoid it entirely, in which case you need no healer, or you don't avoid it and inevitably die, in which case healer can't help you anyway), but what a good healer can bring to the group is invalueable. The amazing sustain, the juicy damage buffs...as a dps, I majorly prefer running with a healer than running 3 dps - not for the heals, I can keep myself up, but for the invalueable buffs.

Not saying that to make you feel bad, it sounds like you're just in the start of your journey and doing just fine there, just thought I'd give some pointers for lateron:)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dungeon that I ended up just soloing for the no death achievement. Too many pugs fail to block her attack and end up dead.