The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Learned Motifs and Furnishing Plans should be account wide

The702Guy
The702Guy
✭✭✭
There are almost 100 motif books in the game now and well over 2000 furnishing plans in the game. Why aren't these account wide and character specific?
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 Grand Master Crafters and 15 Crafters that are nearly there (everything except some motifs missing)
    plz don't devalue my efforts.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The702Guy wrote: »
    There are almost 100 motif books in the game now and well over 2000 furnishing plans in the game. Why aren't these account wide and character specific?

I appreciate it’s a hassle dealing with these, particularly if you have multiple higher level crafters you might want to make something right away and not be forced to log into a main crafter, but there are rewards built into the crafting system based on motif and recipe knowledge - achievements and daily writ rewards. It’s like any other skill line or achievement in the game. If you want a character to have a certain level of capability, you have to work for it per character.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oliviander wrote: »
    I got 3 Grand Master Crafters and 15 Crafters that are nearly there (everything except some motifs missing)

Many past grinding efforts get overtaken as games improve things.

The past action should not prevent needed enhancements.

Should we all have to training our mounts the way they were trained in the past, for example?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭

I'm only asking for learned motifs and fursnishing plans to be account wide. Not for the path of research/skill leveling. Its easier to learn 50 motifs now and furnishing plans now then ut was when I did it and I don't feel devalued. But just like style pages, motifs and furnishing plans should 100% be account wide.
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »

I appreciate it’s a hassle dealing with these, particularly if you have multiple higher level crafters you might want to make something right away and not be forced to log into a main crafter, but there are rewards built into the crafting system based on motif and recipe knowledge - achievements and daily writ rewards. It’s like any other skill line or achievement in the game. If you want a character to have a certain level of capability, you have to work for it per character.

The grind to get all motifs or furnishing plans is by no means easy to do. There are a lot of things in this game that are account wide alreadyand as far as rewards go you would still have to research all of the traits and level up your skills which without scrolls take a year to do if you are on top of it. What if you had to buy all of your houses and furnishings on each character? What if materials were character bound? What if all of the gold you have earned was onky for the character you earned it on. I have all motifs in the game learned and close to 2000 furnishing plans learned on my crafter. Why shouldn't I be able to have all that time and effort recognized on my other toons?
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭

Many past grinding efforts get overtaken as games improve things.

The past action should not prevent needed enhancements.

Should we all have to training our mounts the way they were trained in the past, for example?

Yesss of Course !
    Edited by Oliviander on May 7, 2021 10:12PM
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »

The grind to get all motifs or furnishing plans is by no means easy to do. There are a lot of things in this game that are account wide alreadyand as far as rewards go you would still have to research all of the traits and level up your skills which without scrolls take a year to do if you are on top of it. What if you had to buy all of your houses and furnishings on each character? What if materials were character bound? What if all of the gold you have earned was onky for the character you earned it on. I have all motifs in the game learned and close to 2000 furnishing plans learned on my crafter. Why shouldn't I be able to have all that time and effort recognized on my other toons?

What should we do with the many duplicates of recipes if they were account wide :)
    Edited by Oliviander on May 7, 2021 10:15PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have been asking for this for many years.
    i hope one day it happens.