The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for Future Inventory Pets (or Backpack Carriers)

Tethilia
Tethilia
✭✭✭
I like the backpack pets, inventory or not. It seems more appropriate to bring them into a dungeon rather than the family dog or that wierd baby chaurus hatchling that you think is sooo cute but your spouse told you to get rid of (yet you secretly keep it in a crawlspace in the pantry).

Anyways, what would be some good animals or exotic creatures that would make for good backpack buddies? Lets give them suggestions.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion. Chub Loon! Imagine a little penguin buddy with a backpack on them waddling with you.
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    I’m kinda shocked they haven’t already done a pony. I’d like to see a baby netch with bags dangling from it’s tentacles.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool to have a Banekin or a Scamp with a backpack carrying my stuff.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall there's still a Pack Mule with some bags on it in the game data that still hasn't come out, so there is that.

Also, the Baandari Pedlar Pets kind of have that feel to them.
  • AlexKuczaja
    AlexKuczaja
    ✭✭
    Fox with a tiny backpack is the only inventory pet i would buy
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I think it would be cool to have a Banekin or a Scamp with a backpack carrying my stuff.

Scamp is already in the game. You get it from clearing Moongrave Fane on Vet and it's absolutely super adorable.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/undaunted-porter-scamp/

EDIT: Just noticed that the mmo-fashion website incorrectly lists the source. You get it from Moongrave Fane Conqueror not Challenger, which just means you clear the dungeon. No speedrun or challenge modes or anything like that. (I wouldn't have bothered if it was that difficult). That said, your reward is super cute since he waddles around with the backpack and lorewise he loses your things since they fall out of the bag or he plays with them and stuff.
    Edited by Tethilia on April 28, 2021 10:32PM
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    One more I thought of was a Backpack Chaurus.

My guild also mentioned a Backpack Guar since they are super adorable and helpful.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Backpack guar!!!!

And I personally want a wolf.

I also would like a backpack pet to be carrying more wizard/warlock type items as opposed to melee weapons (the boar with the arrows). Bottles or vials, tomes, herb satchels, knives and a spare staff, stuff like that.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all the ones mentioned in this thread, but I think a Mudcrab would be cool.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I like all the ones mentioned in this thread, but I think a Mudcrab would be cool.

And additionally, once a day the backpack-mudcrab gives you one chitin.

• Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh yes, Backpack crab
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pack goat or pack donkey.

A pack donkey was datamined, which is awesome.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are adorable pack gaurs all over Morrowind and following the merchants in Vvardenfell — when will we get one??? 🥺

That is the only inventory pet I want. <3
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want an attitude-y Goblin that begrudgingly drags along a crappy sack full of stuff! Glaring hatefully at me and making what I can only assume are curses in his cute little gibberish Gobbleabberghnafalap language! :D

The weird thing is: he's not my slave or anything. I paid him a shiny rock to pull a lever on the other side of a gate for me once like 8 months ago... I don't even know whose stuff is in that sack, or why he's been following me for so long! But having him around is a delight, and I wouldn't trade Montgomery for all the cute puppies in the world! :smiley:
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    I want an attitude-y Goblin that begrudgingly drags along a crappy sack full of stuff! Glaring hatefully at me and making what I can only assume are curses in his cute little gibberish Gobbleabberghnafalap language! :D

The weird thing is: he's not my slave or anything. I paid him a shiny rock to pull a lever on the other side of a gate for me once like 8 months ago... I don't even know whose stuff is in that sack, or why he's been following me for so long! But having him around is a delight, and I wouldn't trade Montgomery for all the cute puppies in the world! :smiley:

WANT!
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #giveusmontgomerythepackgoblin
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backpack guar, pony and donkey. The guar and donkey models already exist in the game.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    #giveusmontgomerythepackgoblin
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see pack scribs, like in Tribunal. Always preferred those to pack rats.
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    A Wild Hunt Chest. An ornery chest woven from living spriggan-like wood, roaming around on hundreds of little root-like legs.
    Molag's balls!