The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Registered Groups

o4m
o4m
✭✭✭
When forming a group in Cyrodiil it get registered in the Alliance army and you get asked if your group is closed *or* open to a Cyrodiil-Groupfinder.

Closed: You invite manually

Open: Alliance-Players can join your group via a Cyrodiil-Groupfinder

Leaders of open groups can be ranked and earn achievements with titles by counting invites - or something that counting their activity, like conquered keeps.

CP160+ Ohm - Templar, ex-emp

*Anti-Troll*
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    i think the game needs a system, so that only good players can become emperor, especially when they are templars
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the idea itself is actually quite nice, especcially so the chat is not spammed with lfg, but ppl who want to join a group could join a group via the actual group finder.

I would scrap that part tho:
    Leaders of open groups can be ranked and earn achievements with titles by counting invites - or something that counting their activity, like conquered keeps.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    "Potato King" "Zerg Lord" "Pleb Patriot" "Xv1 Master"

all these titles should be added to such a system!
  • TheSpunkyLobster
    olesmo wrote: »
    "Potato King" "Zerg Lord" "Pleb Patriot" "Xv1 Master"

all these titles should be added to such a system!

Nobody can take your Zerg Lord title Ole :P
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should also being able to choose at which role you want to join:

for example: siege bot, rez bot, 1v1 siege expert and so on
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we already have a Cyrodiil group finder that was very underutilized? Yes, we did.

Also, the overall idea was suggested months ago. It was nothing more than something to make group leaders feel special because they are the ones who would be getting the titles.

In the end, it a horrid idea because it drives players to lead groups for the wrong reasons. Such schemes would lead to the worst possible leaders forming groups because they want special titles.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think with the reduction of group sizes to 12 re-adding the group finder to Cyrodiil might be a good idea. I wouldn't even need to work like the group finder for Battlegrounds or Dungeons. Let it work more similar to the guild finder, you could see active groups with free slots and their leader, then you could press a button so the group leader gets a message and can decide to answer the invite with yes or no. You might add the option to automatically fill up the group until it has reached its limit.

I wouldn't add titles or something to it, just an easier way to build PUGs without spamming the zone chat with lfg messages.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Gardarik
    Gardarik
    ✭✭✭
    A group finder in such a large PvP environment as Cyro would be undereployed. Imagine you join a random group that is all over the place (which happens all the time with ad hoc groups rather than pre-organised). You still can't heal anyone unless you follow the leader, and the question if you actually want to do what the leader does is open. If you want to go, say, so PvP "at the bridge" without doing any strategic objectives like taking keeps and there are no groups doing that - you are still left alone and cannot play the way you want in a sense you still won't be able to support or get support from the people outside of your group there. Let us leave the question "why not form a group yourself then?" alone - there are tons of reasons for that. Another issue is that ad hoc group invitation mechanism of inviting people nearby in ESO is very poorly realised with clock-like menu and it won't work fluidly like, say, in WoW where you can do it from the distance my mouse clicks.

This whole 12-group and group limited change was a terrible change. The decreased PvP population is the proof.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a solid idea. But I'd want ZOS to implement a restriction that makes it so a guilds can't work together when on opposite factions.
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea and this will get rid of LFG spammers in zone chat.

We will finally be able to focus on Salty arguments and whining in zone chat. :)
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theCampeR_ wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea and this will get rid of LFG spammers in zone chat.

We will finally be able to focus on Salty arguments and whining in zone chat. :)

Sad to say but zone chat PVP is more engaging than actual PVP atm.

Would be neat if they could implement something like rift had where you had the option to join an group that the system would form automatically around an event.

Like say upon a keep flagging, the game attempts to group up all ungrouped players in the area (and they have the ability to decline this group if they like) and upon the keep unflagging the group gets auto disbanded. Leaving the area (say like 2x the distance where kills count towards the tick) then the player is auto kicked to make room for others.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    System that op is proposing is basically a copy of what WAR had to offer. Yes, it was smaller scale: only 18 keeps out of which 6 at any given time mattered but on the other hand population of Tier 4 on those most active servers in fact a few times bigger than here - forts had pop lock at, I believe, 200 total and then another 200 was waiting outside in neighboring zone ready to enter. We could get such numbers those few years ago but this is basically no more.

On there other hand it is true that such idea could be help to:
    - newcomers should there be any
    - all leaders that just forget to announce every now and then that they need more people in the group

Also original system was not used not because it was not needed but:
    - at the beginning it was simply not working. Generally LFG for first few years (and that includes also dungeons) was simply broken as it tended to not match people at all
    - once LFG tool got fixed it appeared that players were joining completely random groups with random leaders and members in random places. Idea that op has requires that certain information such as where is the leader, who is the leader, what is the group size must become known and player does not join randomly generated group but the group they pick instead
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    "oh no, people are grouping and killing me in Xv1 while i'm trying to do 1vX not fair!!"

it's like, it's an alliance war game with armies and sieges around
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    While I'm still new to all this, It's baffles me, that there's no order. But I'm starting to understand how this Game is working but It's annoying It's just strange how chaotic Sieges get, and everyone is Barking Commands, everyone thinks they're right. Like Giving the Emperor real authority. Not just exclusive skills, abilities. But free reign over keeps.

To me it Makes perfect sense, at the time of Scoring Evaluation and an Emperor is crowned. As Emperor, You essentially begin your Reign over All of Cyrodiil and so it should the Emperor's Duty to Manage All 6 Keeps that keep the Emperor on the throne. But the Emperor can't do it alone, Installing 6 Lords to Manage and Maintain your Keeps would be wise. and if a keep is being attacked. Having a group/Guild of your own to Push the other factions back, Taking Scrolls. of Course nothing is set in stone. once the Campaign resets You have to work again to reclaim your control. Unless Someone else lays claims the Throne.

Lord/Lady of Aleswell
    Lord /Lady of Ash
    Lord/Lady of Chalman
    Lord/Lady of Blue Road
    Lord/Lady of Alessia
    Lord/Lady of Roebeck

I think it's only right that those who Currently Rank the Top 6 after the Emperor are Assigned/bestowed/Have their choosing on which of the 6 Castles/Forts/Keeps they wish to defend. Their Guild/Group would claim the Keep. those Six Champions Are free to reign over their Castle, organizing and managing their own Groups/Guilds to Defend their Castle and Resources, in the name of their Emperor.

Those Who Rank 8, 9, & 10 are offered by the Emperor of their choosing by rank, to defend the The Home Keeps or the Outposts that lie between the Keeps.

If they Choose the Home Keeps then they Become Lords of Glademist, Rayles, and Warden, and must gather their own Groups/Guilds to Defend the Keeps and resources, and Scrolls

If they Choose the Outposts, Their Job is to maintain the outposts defenses and Aid the Keeps they Lie in-between, and Control the Mile-Gates

Those Who Rank 11, 12 and 13 are Given the Jobs 8, 9, & 10 had declined. (Meaning If 8, 9 & 10 chose the Home Keeps, then 11, 12 and 13 have the Out Posts of the choosing by rank.) and From then on The outlying keeps 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 get their choice for: Dragonclaw, Brindle and Drakelowe, and If need be, Arrius, Kingscrest, Farragut, Bloodmayne, Blackboot, and Faregyl.

But what Happens when there is Zerg, or the other alliances' entire server attacks?

That is for the emperor to decide, The Emperor has to make the call to every Castle/Keep and Fort to aid against a such attack.if the Emperor is say offline the Lord of a Specific Castle, may Send out an SOS, or 911 call, and another Lord and Outpost Keeper can accept or decline the call to aid.

It's on your Honor/Judgement to send troops to aid another castle.
    Unless you wish to see your neighbor fall...

Of Course Hanging around the castle can be boring! It is I know! Nothing is worse than missing out on all the action!

For Me, This would help me see the Legitimacy in Someone's Authority and Giving a command. Otherwise, As it is now, I don't follow anyone's command. "Too many Kings, not enough Soldiers." Often I see a lot of hard work go to waste because people abandon the Keep to move onto the next, right after it was taken from the enemy.

And those who rank lower, are free to navigate if they wish to aid but not be bound to a specific place, explore, freelance. But if they wish to defend a certain Keep, cool if they care or not. and have the opportunity to rise and take over the Keep. if they outrank the one in charge of the Keep by the time of the next evaluation. And like I said Nothing is secure, Unless you know you can maintain your rank, your claim to your Keep will always be valid until you are deposed.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just think It would be fun. if groups were more organized, as if it were medieval War.
    Although it would be cool If Keeps Had more to them rather than just "Capture the Flag" and More ways to capture the flag than just sieging. Maybe I don't know if Keeps were more unique in structure rather than Identical.
    Edited by Mason_King on May 5, 2021 5:31AM