Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking to create wall on top floor of Alinor Crest Townhouse

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I am trying to find a wall, fence, or anything that would partially close in the top floor of Alinor Crest Townhouse. I don't want to completely close it in, but would like a wall at the back. Plants, vines, carpets or curtains are also acceptable. I just haven't found anything that looks good yet.

Any ideas?
PCNA
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean inside how about 2 sets of the writ vendor massive book cases clipped face to face?
    Edited by Thannazzar on April 27, 2021 9:44PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookcases wouldn't fit the decor of that room that I'm using as a bedroom and bathing area. What I want is a thin item that would close off that part of the room.

I'll take a screenshot when I log in that will explain it better.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 27, 2021 6:42PM
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This screenshot shows the area I would like to fill in, behind the dresser and wardrobe. It would have to be thin enough to not protrude out into the room behind it.

ibzwh0kr1v1w.jpg
    PCNA
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't like the wooden walls from elsweyr? Or is that too long? I've seen people use the tall ayleid gate in the furnishing purchase tab as a wall. Put a carpet or tapestry on one side so it's not see-through. I dunno.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the Elsweyr wooden walls because I've used them in other places. But they are ugly and mossy look really out of place with the more grand decor of this house.

I will check out the ayleid gate.

I really wish we had more interior wall and curtain options.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 27, 2021 6:58PM
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You might actually look into large carpets, I can't log in right now to check which ones might fit but I'm pretty sure there are at least some pretty neutral looking Breton carpets that might possibly fit, also being thin enough. Esofashion might give some insight about sizing before buying/crafting I believe as had shots with assistant standing on it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you only want to partially close it in, I would use one of the Alinor Stone Walls. They have a decorative top section with a design that echos the shape of the opening you are closing.

This one if you want a closed top: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/alinor-wall-stone/

This one if you want open design on top: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/alinor-fence-tall-long/

Using either of these will keep a consistent stone color through the space. I would also top them with the Alinor window box

Edited by Reverb on April 27, 2021 7:15PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great suggestions. I will check into all of these. Thank you. :)
    PCNA
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the Elsweyr wooden walls because I've used them in other places. But they are ugly and mossy look really out of place with the more grand decor of this house.

I will check out the ayleid gate.

I really wish we had more interior wall and curtain options.

I'm sure you've seen what a beautiful window it makes. As a room divider, it could be cool.

If you have crown gems there is that larger ayleid gate in the crown store. I'm not sure how big it actually is but it might save you from having to buy several of the tall thin ones in the furniture purchase tab. There's also a really cool ayleid stone gate for 40 crown gems but it has a pointy top. Are there any dividers in the game that you like the look of? I know most of them have a bend but maybe? It's too bad the solitude tile floor is huge. That would make a killer wall. You could also just flip a carpet 90 degrees if you like any of them. Instant wallpaper.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also markarth structural pieces like floors might kinda fit into alinor style, can be worth checking.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was actually thinking about this the other day, I'd probably go with the Alinor Stone walls. As you said the Elsweyr wooden walls have that dirty look that doesn't really fit this property.

I know you said no to bookcases but you could try two of the big Alinor ones (gold blueprint) clipped together so you're only looking at the backside.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork city furniture vendor sells thin gold plates that might work or if you want a wood aesthetic clip a bunch of solitude doors together with some inverted to avoid rounded tops.
    Edited by Thannazzar on April 27, 2021 9:57PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this will just have to remain a dream for now. It wouldn't be as big an issue if there wasn't a room on the other side. But since there is, anything I place there has to look good from both sides.

I really wish they would give us more thin walls, platforms, floors, to work with.
    PCNA
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually go for a carpet as well. Since you have a natural fence there, you probably won't be bothered by the lack of collision, and there are a ton of options that could look good.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about regular vines?
    I am using them to block off view from below. I have a video up, if you like to see for yourself...
    https://youtu.be/B1bqOA9DOFg

Video is a little dark, though. It is the bloody youtube compression algorithm.🙄
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 28, 2021 3:02PM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vines may actually work. I don't need a completely solid wall... just a little more privacy. I've tried a few carpets but haven't found one that fits the space well yet.

Oh, I have my blessed dais of almalexia in the same place at my house!
    Edited by SilverBride on April 28, 2021 3:29PM
    PCNA
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭

hello there ♡ i just tested a number of markarth floorings and carpets — this may be an option?

(test screenshots)

oo2urzh4wu6i.png
    9sqmukuxezit.png

if you use eht, the following is the script for the three carpets (for a brief test)

""""""""""V4!7XH"+DY"%l&"*>&"'Os"(S;"%/+!7XH"+F,"%n>"*6["'Os"(S;"%/+!7XH"+GY"%n>"*/5"'Os"(S;"%/+!
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    airie wrote: »
    hello there ♡ i just tested a number of markarth floorings and carpets — this may be an option?

(test screenshots)
    [...snip...]

if you use eht, the following is the script for the three carpets (for a brief test)

""""""""""V4!7XH"+DY"%l&"*>&"'Os"(S;"%/+!7XH"+F,"%n>"*6["'Os"(S;"%/+!7XH"+GY"%n>"*/5"'Os"(S;"%/+!

That looks nice! Does it block light from the other side? Or let it through a little?
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭

[/quote]

That looks nice! Does it block light from the other side? Or let it through a little?[/quote]

@Zodiarkslayer the light would go through the carpets (however, it feels as if the carpets are blocking some of the light)
    i believe this is due to my main light source being the chandeliers & are not close to the carpets

the following ss are w/ 3 x clockwork illuminator, solitary capsule — 1 behind the centre of each carpet

m8d5prtbowyf.png
    o3j3htcgkbez.png

if there is a more substantial light source in front of the carpets

hfg1dgks1aw2.png
    jd5icbmhd5pk.png
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I finally ended up doing. I left the small areas on each side open just because I liked being able to look out to the room below if I choose. The carpet I used matches the one on the floor of the room below, too.

miklnjcbeivy.jpg
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really just wanted to close in the arched area but couldn't find carpets that would fit just that shape and still look good.
    PCNA
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I really just wanted to close in the arched area but couldn't find carpets that would fit just that shape and still look good.

I like that, it turned out nice. I'm getting ready to buy that house. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do overall but I'll keep that in mind.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a beautiful house. So much you can do with it.
    PCNA
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I finally ended up doing. I left the small areas on each side open just because I liked being able to look out to the room below if I choose. The carpet I used matches the one on the floor of the room below, too.

miklnjcbeivy.jpg

I really like how that turned out! The style works so well with the house 🏡

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elvenheart Thank you!
    PCNA