Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lower cost of trait transmutation

Ippokrates
Ippokrates
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, can you consider lowering costs of trait transmutation for existing items to 25 crystals?

I am after week of grinding in Arx Corcinium (but finally get Inferno & Resto Staffs XD) and at this point it is cheaper for me to make new items than change those which I have in my inventory, which feels... pretty pointless :D

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    ZOS, can you consider lowering costs of trait transmutation for existing items to 25 crystals?

I am after week of grinding in Arx Corcinium (but finally get Inferno & Resto Staffs XD) and at this point it is cheaper for me to make new items than change those which I have in my inventory, which feels... pretty pointless :D

No, it’s the reward for collecting the whole set — which can take a while to do as dungeons often seem stingy with set weapon drops in my experience. So now you have options if you want to spend transmute stones and upgrade mats or, if you have purple jewelry for instance, it might be better to pay the higher transmute cost. :)
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it’s the reward for collecting the whole set — which can take a while to do as dungeons often seem stingy with set weapon drops in my experience. So now you have options if you want to spend transmute stones and upgrade mats or, if you have purple jewelry for instance, it might be better to pay the higher transmute cost. :)

The real reward, is an option to multiply items, so your every char could have the same equipment. Number of items that would reduce cost from 75 to 50 you can collect in 2-3 runs, of course if you know how to trace chests.

And blue and purple items (even jewelry) are not worthy to spend TS on them. Maybe gold.. but they are out of the picture for now :D

Edited by Ippokrates on April 23, 2021 11:55PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The real reward, is an option to multiply items, so your every char could have the same equipment. Number of items that would reduce cost from 75 to 50 you can collect in 2-3 runs, of course if you know how to trace chests.

And blue and purple items (even jewelry) are not worthy to spend TS on them. Maybe gold.. but they are out of the picture for now :D

It all depends on what you need and what content you like or have the patience to do and not every set drops the same (there are no bonus chests in Arenas that I know of, for instance).
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It all depends on what you need and what content you like or have the patience to do and not every set drops the same (there are no bonus chests in Arenas that I know of, for instance).

I am really glad you have raised an issue of Arenas.

So... if you are playing Stamina H&R or Healer and get Bow or Resto Staff, you can immediately reconstruct it with desired trait or make as many copies as you want for 25 crystals, because they are 1-piece set BUT if you get Destro Staff or Melee Stam equip, you need to pay 75 to deconstruct or 50 to transmute or take Arena only God knows how many times to reach the same effect... is this seems like just or well balanced game system for you?

Edited by Ippokrates on April 24, 2021 7:35AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It won't happen, Rich Lambert already said that the trait transmute cost won't change.

The reduced cost of rebuilding only is a thing once you collect all the items of a set or the majority of the items that compose the set.
    Rebuilding pieces of a set may be cheap on crystal amount but you have a higher cost with upgrade mats.

Both systems have advantages and disavantages but the main point of collection is to help the player to reduce the farming/grinding for a specific overland/dungeon/trial/arena set.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't happen, Rich Lambert already said that the trait transmute cost won't change.

The reduced cost of rebuilding only is a thing once you collect all the items of a set or the majority of the items that compose the set.
    Rebuilding pieces of a set may be cheap on crystal amount but you have a higher cost with upgrade mats.

Both systems have advantages and disavantages but the main point of collection is to help the player to reduce the farming/grinding for a specific overland/dungeon/trial/arena set.

Sure, collection system if one of greatest aspects of gameplay in ESO. It allows you to experiment with sets & builds without necessity of keeping hundreds of items "just in case".

But once again, if you are playing regularly purple mats are not problem. And IMHO maybe whole system of collecting & crafting could be solve a little better through merging BUT at this point reducing cost of trait transmutation is a simple change that can add some positive balie to the game.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem high considering its almost always cheaper to reconstruct a new item. Agree, it seems counterintuitive. Maybe not all they way to 25, but I do think it should be lowered a bit. And this is coming from someone that is overflowing with transmutes. LOL
  • Mithrazielle
    Dear ZOS-

Either lower trait transmutation, or make transmutation crystals easier to obtain for PVE players or make them purchaseable via guild merchants. Honestly- it's taken me like 8 years to get 60, enough that I was able to do _1_ transmutation. I hate PvP- I love Cyrodil, but hate PvP, and go there only if I absolutely MUST.

Seriously- Don't make _elitist_ content. 'Elitist' content is content that only a minority of players can achieve by some simple virtue of their lifestyle or natural abilities, leaving the rest of us (majority players) unable to obtain content that should be available-- BECAUSE WE ARE PAYING FOR IT.

At the end of the day, the elitist community, while ridiculously vocal- represents only about 22% of your player-base. These are usually PvP'ers.

• Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS-

Either lower trait transmutation, or make transmutation crystals easier to obtain for PVE players or make them purchaseable via guild merchants. Honestly- it's taken me like 8 years to get 60, enough that I was able to do _1_ transmutation. I hate PvP- I love Cyrodil, but hate PvP, and go there only if I absolutely MUST.

Seriously- Don't make _elitist_ content. 'Elitist' content is content that only a minority of players can achieve by some simple virtue of their lifestyle or natural abilities, leaving the rest of us (majority players) unable to obtain content that should be available-- BECAUSE WE ARE PAYING FOR IT.

At the end of the day, the elitist community, while ridiculously vocal- represents only about 22% of your player-base. These are usually PvP'ers.

You don't ESO+? Because with daily random dung (per char not account) you can get 10 crystals.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS-

You don't ESO+? Because with daily random dung (per char not account) you can get 10 crystals.

And with the extra base health/stam/mag and extra base spell/weapon damage with last patch, I have noticed that many of my neglected alts, with garbage gear and many passives missing, are a lot more effective than they used to be. Random normals now give a lot of transmute, and random normals are now easier to clear on casual characters.

And if you don't have ESO+, it is even better. DLC dungeons on normal are moderately easy (albeit often a good bit longer) but non-DLC normal are so super-easy they are practically delves. You will get nothing but non-DLC normals if you don't have ESO+.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Dear ZOS-

And with the extra base health/stam/mag and extra base spell/weapon damage with last patch, I have noticed that many of my neglected alts, with garbage gear and many passives missing, are a lot more effective than they used to be. Random normals now give a lot of transmute, and random normals are now easier to clear on casual characters.

And if you don't have ESO+, it is even better. DLC dungeons on normal are moderately easy (albeit often a good bit longer) but non-DLC normal are so super-easy they are practically delves. You will get nothing but non-DLC normals if you don't have ESO+.

Exactly. Plus experienced players could do tank or healer, which helps less advanced who mostly choosing DD, so everybody wins ;)
  • sillonan
    sillonan
    Dear ZOS-

💩💩💩

That's right. I've got a friend who's played SINCE THE BETA and they haven't got a single transmutation stone yet. Although, that could be related to the fact that they haven't played since the beta.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would support lowering the cost of transmuting traits or making crystals easier to get. I can't be the only one who finds having to grind transmutation crystals to be tedious and time-consuming, especially with how much meta has changed since CP 2.0 and will change with the upcoming proposed changes. It was one thing when the meta was not changing a lot but with ZOS messing with everyone's builds every other month, it is too much. Yeah random dungeons give 10 crystals. I also don't want to be spending 75% of my playing time several days a week doing random dungeons on alts just to get enough crystals to gear up toons that I was happy with before CP 2.0 and now are underperforming because their gear doesn't mesh with the new CP system and other changes.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    I would support lowering the cost of transmuting traits or making crystals easier to get. I can't be the only one who finds having to grind transmutation crystals to be tedious and time-consuming, especially with how much meta has changed since CP 2.0 and will change with the upcoming proposed changes. It was one thing when the meta was not changing a lot but with ZOS messing with everyone's builds every other month, it is too much. Yeah random dungeons give 10 crystals. I also don't want to be spending 75% of my playing time several days a week doing random dungeons on alts just to get enough crystals to gear up toons that I was happy with before CP 2.0 and now are underperforming because their gear doesn't mesh with the new CP system and other changes.

You are absolutely right. What's more, incoming change to proc sets will surely force people to change their equipment - looking at the requirements (more than 5k dmg & 30k stam/mag to get 100% efficiency) especially those on mid-tier.