The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Dungeons are just boring...

Moraisu
Moraisu
As the title says, the dungeons lack "soul", they are just bland, simple and boring, I know how people react when one compares this game to another but let's just do that, let's take World of Warcraft or The Old Republic, each dungeon was its own identity, you can tell from just looking from a glance where you are (ok, in some cases you can tell not the dungeon itself but the area where the dungeon is located), if not from the looks then from the sounds...

ESO has none! The dungeons are simple, boring re-used assets, and talking about reusing assets, the bosses, they are just bigger copy-paste versions of other mobs in the game, why?!

World of Warcraft is the Pinnacle of Dungeon Grinding but at least they are aware of that and they make very distinct dungeons and boss fights to compensate for that, ESO does not even try! The dungeons are always some dark. moody hole in the ground and that's about it...

It's no the bugs, not the combat, not the lore... you can make a perfect game in terms of mechanics, of story, of gameplay but if you offer the exact same thing over and over it just gets boring...

And that is what I fear most about the future of this game, the lack or diversity and originality, the game is getting stale and it's not even one month old.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I totally disagree with you.

I find dungeon in ESO a whole new adventure. They are gorgeous. The atmosphere is great, and differ strongly from one Dungeon to another. Each Dungeon have their own theme, and ambience. Boss mechanic are fun, and exiting....
    It could be a bit harder, but overall, Dungeon in ESO is a great experience.

...Wait? You are speaking about Public Dungeon or instancied Dungeon? Cause that's not quite the same thing! :D
  • a11051605
    a11051605
    1) each dungeon is diffrent. IE city of ash is burning forest vs fungul grotto is a goblin cave.
    2) Each boss is different and has some interesting mechanics instead of wows normal tank n spank rinse n repeat.
    3) Some bosses are similar to mobs yes but thats in line with the story of that dungeon and wow had the same deal.
    4) QQ
  • Draxinusom
    Draxinusom
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if you meant the public dungeons then I can somewhat see your point, but if you actually meant the instanced 4 player group dungeons then I don't see it at all.

And there's quite a variety, the storm island or the dig site are definitely not "a hole in the ground". Sorry for not providing the proper names, I don't really know them by heart yet, but I really enjoy them.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran the Bonesnap dungeon yesterday. It was great, it was public, and it was far from the average dungeon that I had encountered to date. I and a group of others worked together to defeat the various mobs and I was glad that they were around. We had a blast, the mobs got blasted, and there was a lot of stuff going on in it.

Some of the public dungeons aren't all that, but some of them are. Dungeons aren't meant to be raids, they're just meant to be underground parts of the landscape and a place to put a skyshard.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Makomin
    Makomin
    I agree, and this is actually the main reason I just cancelled my account (if I could pick just one reason). The problem isn't just restricted to dungeons either. The main cities have no character whatsoever. They don't differ from each other visually like they did in Skyrim or in any other MMO. Then there's the issue of half the enemies being generic bandits/cultists/graverobbers or whatever. The enemies look just like the players, and they all look the same.
  • Bweefk
    Bweefk
    ✭✭
    If you canceled your account before trying the dungeons at veteran rank then your missing out. Veteran dungeons reminds me of vanilla WoW dungeons, where every pull could kill your group and if 1 person screws up everyone dies.

In fact when i think of the WoW dungeons i cant rember any of them post BC because they were all AOE tank n spank snooze fests. if thats what your looking for this isn't the game for you anyway.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear anyone who compares a game to WOW should be banned from any forum. We need a law that forbids people from comparing one game to WOW.

We get it! WoW is better! Its been around for ever and ever! If you dont like the game go back and play WoW!

Here it is people plain and simple. If WoW is the god of all games then why would anyone ever leave WoW to go try something else? then when you try that game you complain its not like WoW? Stop leaving WoW if its loved so much! Everyone is always chasing the WoW killer game like your chasing a heroine addiction. How many times did i mention WoW is this post by the way?