The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Skill: Fishing...PLEASE

EmEm_Oh
EmEm_Oh
✭✭✭✭✭
Like the Psijic skill or WW or Vamp or FG or Mage, have fishing skill line.

Obviously not for everyone but the potential to lure (sorry) more ESO players would significant, and the money-making potential for ZOS would also be significant. The skill could be purchased-based or available with some other promotion like a new boat.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like most Fishing buffs are going to be in the Craft Champion Point tree. Do you have any suggestions beyond the two stars and food we already have?
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like most Fishing buffs are going to be in the Craft Champion Point tree. Do you have any suggestions beyond the two stars and food we already have?

I will go with harpoon throw, similar to Templar javelin :D
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Remove the CP passives when the skill line is introduced.

- Each fish caught amounts to xp, which in turn levels you up in that skill line slotted.

- Fisherman's Sight. 1-100 lvl. Allows you to see more productive fish areas (not necessarily better quality fish but more of them to level up potentially quicker).

- Faster Caster. 1-100 lvl. Allows quicker fishing catches.

- Greater Alure. 1-100 lvl. Allows you to attract more exotic fish to you.

- The Fisher's Pole. 1-100 lvl. Allows you to use green, blue, purple, and golden fishing poles (which could eventually have different abilities in each of the quality lines). The higher the quality of pole, the better the chances of getting more rare fish, as well as more rare drops and recipes and plans, etc.

- Yes, from above, the suggestion is that we have a variety of fishing poles to use with different abilities/enchants to further help the achievements just a little bit more.

- Yes, I did suggest 1-100. I think 1-50 is way too short of an exp leveling experience as you're done in a short period of time. Since most of us who do fish, take our time, and enjoy the experience...we will certainly appreciate the time to be dedicated to it.

- Fishing lorebooks, which level you up in the skill as well like Mages line.

- Allow a magicka or stamina fishing line, which would allow you to catch Stam or Mag-centric fish. Not entirely sure on this but adding more "muscle fish" and more "metaphysical fish" to the potential catch.

- Possibly have special mats to be harvested from regular nodes of wood which in turn would allow you to create a fishing pole of quality based on your level...much like a staff.

These are some of the suggestions and ideas I have.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on April 28, 2021 8:33PM
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I would love a Fishing Overhaul complete with skill line. Maybe there are other things we could do with fish?
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    While we are at it, hunting too.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting, if ZOS actually beefed up the fishing loot tables.

I'd like the ability to multi-craft fish for perfect roe as well.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, I actually kinda like it being a serious pain that drives most people insane.

The addition of the Fishing perks to CP actually makes me not want to fly the title anymore. It no longer signals, "That guy's loco!" in quite the same way it used to.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 29, 2021 12:14AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I am admittedly not big on fishing. Just every once in a while. But last time I did I was thinking how nice it would be to have fishing rod motifs. You could get some from achievements. For example a nice elsweyr themed one. Or some craftables maybe even some motif styles that you can get from the wet gunny sacks. And... as we are talking about Zos some fishing rod “arms packs” from the crown store.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Yeah!! Lets do a whole Survival skill-line. Our crafting writ could have us go out and catch a certain type of fish or trap 2 rabbits or something.
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    One of my wife's consistently favourite things to do in most MMOs is Fishing (WoW, LOTRO, ESO). She'd be all over this.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about when my fishing skill get really good, my mount can swim! So when I cut across lakes, I don't dismount and have to mount up again....

Maybe even attach some hooks to my mount - become a trawler! Grab a few fish on the way!
  • JDredd
    JDredd
    ✭✭
    Unless you have some big fish to catch in the waters.... I dont see any point of this. The current cp etc enable you to get fish way faster than before. OR if you get anything from fishing apart form perfect roe.